Non park area must have food ideas.

So many pizza choices out there... Harris, pizza press Roundtable and now California pizza kitchen... can only try one which of these shall i try?

Marri's is the best classic pizza around that area hands down. Pizza press is really good modern place with a "healthier" spin and you can doctor it up. Kind of like a "subway" of the pizza space. We love pizza press. CPK is a froufrou pizza chainwith delicious non traditional flavors like thai, or my favorite the bbq chicken and red onion pizza.

Round table is like a high end chain, as in if your options are pizza hut, dominos, or round table, you order round table. Unless you are a broke college student, then you look for a little ceasars.

Whenever we go to this place i only order 1 thing... the Thai lettuce wraps are to die for. It's an appetizer but big enough for a meal and then i have room for their rye bread and cheesecake. We don't mind waiting at this place.

Do yourself a favor next time you go to Cheesecake Factory. If you like avocado, order the avocado egg rolls. Words cannot describe how good... if you don't like avocado then... well we can't be friends. :)

Yes! We used to bug a relative in Glendale to bring us some whenever she would visit. I took side streets to go home from the park one day and saw a location on Ball Road. I love the tri-tip shwarma and thr kabobs.

Roscoe's seems like a place to try and i just saw the videos of Obama recommending the food so i am leaning towards this place as a must stop.
We were pretty excited to try Roscoe's on our last visit and, while the food was outstanding, the staff all seemed like they'd rather be anyplace else. Of course, this was on a Monday afternoon in January so maybe it was just too slow for all of them...

Whenever we go to this place i only order 1 thing... the Thai lettuce wraps are to die for. It's an appetizer but big enough for a meal and then i have room for their rye bread and cheesecake. We don't mind waiting at this place.
We're big fans of the Buffalo Blasts (https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/small-plates-snacks-appetizers/appetizers/buffalo-blasts/). Ordered them on a whim because they sounded good and now we must have them every visit. Last visit the server also brought out a birthday treat with DW's name written on the plate in chocolate syrup just because she noticed that DW was wearing a birthday button from Disneyland with her name written on it. We never said it was her birthday and the server never asked; she just brought out the treat.

Marri's is the best classic pizza around that area hands down. Pizza press is really good modern place with a "healthier" spin and you can doctor it up. Kind of like a "subway" of the pizza space. We love pizza press. CPK is a froufrou pizza chainwith delicious non traditional flavors like thai, or my favorite the bbq chicken and red onion pizza.

Round table is like a high end chain, as in if your options are pizza hut, dominos, or round table, you order round table. Unless you are a broke college student, then you look for a little ceasars.
I'm leaning toward Marris pizza. I think they deliver to the hotel.

Do yourself a favor next time you go to Cheesecake Factory. If you like avocado, order the avocado egg rolls. Words cannot describe how good... if you don't like avocado then... well we can't be friends. :)
I love avocados, will certainly look at them. They use to make a pork bun that was to die for. So sad they removed them from the menu.

This is a great thread :D
I got a little tired of all of the Disney food and being the pricing is outrages on certain restaurants i would like to see the alternatives. Another must for me is Mimi's for breakfast. We actually got off a cruise ship in LA rented a car and had breakie before spending time in Downtown Disney. Then hustled back to the cruise ship and sailed on. First time we were at "Disney" but never went in.

I got a little tired of all of the Disney food and being the pricing is outrages on certain restaurants i would like to see the alternatives. Another must for me is Mimi's for breakfast. We actually got off a cruise ship in LA rented a car and had breakie before spending time in Downtown Disney. Then hustled back to the cruise ship and sailed on. First time we were at "Disney" but never went in.

I'm often near the are for work conferences etc so often swing by DTD to grab begneits at Ralph Brennan jazz kitchen express.

A lot of great restaurants in LA. If you cruise in/out of Long BEach and have a car and want to drive a bit there are some really nice places. One of my favorite breakies in LA is at Flavor Table, their Peach Cobbler french toast is amazing. I also love the Mac and Cheese shop in LA, i always forget the name but I know how to get there. Every kind of Mac and Cheese you could imagine and more. Pretty much just limited by time to try all these places.

I'm often near the are for work conferences etc so often swing by DTD to grab begneits at Ralph Brennan jazz kitchen express.

A lot of great restaurants in LA. If you cruise in/out of Long BEach and have a car and want to drive a bit there are some really nice places. One of my favorite breakies in LA is at Flavor Table, their Peach Cobbler french toast is amazing. I also love the Mac and Cheese shop in LA, i always forget the name but I know how to get there. Every kind of Mac and Cheese you could imagine and more. Pretty much just limited by time to try all these places.
No car this trip. We get to fly down, Disney for 4 days and relax on a cruise back to Vancouver.

No car this trip. We get to fly down, Disney for 4 days and relax on a cruise back to Vancouver.

Sounds amazing! Have fun! BTW, there are some good restaurants near the cruise terminal as well, some nice locations, like Pier 76, Parkers Lighthouse, Gladstones, etc.

We were pretty excited to try Roscoe's on our last visit and, while the food was outstanding, the staff all seemed like they'd rather be anyplace else. Of course, this was on a Monday afternoon in January so maybe it was just too slow for all of them...

We're big fans of the Buffalo Blasts (https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/small-plates-snacks-appetizers/appetizers/buffalo-blasts/). Ordered them on a whim because they sounded good and now we must have them every visit. Last visit the server also brought out a birthday treat with DW's name written on the plate in chocolate syrup just because she noticed that DW was wearing a birthday button from Disneyland with her name written on it. We never said it was her birthday and the server never asked; she just brought out the treat.
They look yummy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter