No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

After a nice, relaxing afternoon, it was time for dinner. Tonight's meal was at Shula's. This wood be the first time at the signature restaurant.

I'm ok with dressing up for a nice meal, as long as that means I can wear a golf shirt and shorts. At OKW bus stop.

WP_003458.jpg

We take a bus to DHS and then a boat to the Dolphin.

WP_003464.jpg

While it takes some extra time to travel Disney transportation, especially when going from one resort to another, a little planning will make it easier. What park is closest to the transferring resort? How do you want to travel? DHS is close enough to OKW, but Dolphin is really convenient by boat travel from DHS. We arrived T the Dolphin less than an hour from the resort.

WP_003467.jpg

Then, as we enter the Dolphin, we enter the mass swarm. Business people drinking heavily and loudly at the lobby level. I don't intend to eavesdrop, but when someone is talking about stealing someone's customers when their co-worker had surgery and other sneaking other stuff just isn't good. I'm all for making money, but I think you are supposed to treat your customers and co-workers the way you would want to be treated. Anyway, at the restaurant.

WP_003470.jpg

We had a great meal. French Onion Soup appetizer, steaks all around (filet and NY Strip), lobster, and crab Mac n cheese, and chocolate souffle. The meal was great and the service exceptional. It was noisy in the restaurant. Afterwards, a walk along the Boardwalk to Epcot, a boatride to DHS, and bus back to OKW.

WP_003469.jpg

Shula's was exceptional on the service. The beef presentation and explanation was fun, although I knew most of it. Still, it is part of the experience. The TiW card helped this one as it is really expensive. The main draw back on the experience if navigating the Dolphin convention crowd. We've been to the Swan and the convention crowd wasn't as bad. But, that could just have been that particular group or day of the week. I like a good steak, and while there steak was excellent, I liked the prime rib at the Turf Club,p at SSR, and their prices were a lot less expensive.

That's it for today. Heading to MK in the morning. Hope I figured out all this MDE ticket linking stuff. Probably won't post too many pictures tomorrow, but may try to find some down time.

Last edited:
As usual, great updates. Thanks for taking the time to share. I'm still debating on which parade to do. Not sure how late my girls will be able to go before shutting down! We'll definitely use the same spots for viewing that you pointed out.

Did you get to meet Don?

No meet up yet.

As usual, great updates. Thanks for taking the time to share. I'm still debating on which parade to do. Not sure how late my girls will be able to go before shutting down! We'll definitely use the same spots for viewing that you pointed out.

Thanks. Since we skip a park the day of the party and the day after, it is easier for my dds to stay up later.

No meet up yet.

Thanks. Since we skip a park the day of the party and the day after, it is easier for my dds to stay up later.

Makes perfect sense. We are doing AK the day after MNSSHP. We made late morning\early afternoon FP+ selections. So I think we'll plan to party like rock stars as dare I say, have a non-commando modus operandi for the next day.

I was talking about Don Shula. :lmao:

Just his picture.

Never been to Shula's, but it sounds great. Thanks for the tip on the Turf Club as well. :thumbsup2

Thanks, It really was a mixed review.

Makes perfect sense. We are doing AK the day after MNSSHP. We made late morning\early afternoon FP+ selections. So I think we'll plan to party like rock stars as dare I say, have a non-commando modus operandi for the next day.

We didn't do AK this trip. We may go there for the Spring trip.

Morning all. While this Wed morning brings rain, it is an off day for us. Dinner at Fulton's Crab house tonight. But, let's get to the report from yesterday. What can be better than a MNSSHP at the MK? 13 hours at the MK. We opened it with RD and closed it at 10:00.

Rope Drop. It wasn't crowded at all, but the train is down again. With the FL construction the last time, this is two trips in a row the train is down. Still, a great way to start the day.

WP_003478.jpg

WP_003480.jpg

Made a wish at the Wishing well, and my Starbucks coffee appeared. :lmao: I don't think it made Main Street Bakery all that unappealing and I need my coffee in the morning.

WP_003481.jpg

So, here's a tip. If you are drinking coffee, make sure you do rides and attractions you can take your coffee on. Just like th Swiss Family Robinson treehouse - early in AM when my knees aree fresh.

WP_003483.jpg

And, Jungle cruise. The CM was really into the performance, which when it is the first of the day, I'm sure it helps.

WP_003484.jpg

Coffee done. Aladdin's magic carpet ride.

WP_003486.jpg

And, a trip to Adventureland must include POTC. I found a new place to take a picture. :love: I really like her two ... swords. :lmao:

WP_003488.jpg

This completes Adventureland for us.

WP_003489.jpg

We didn't do the tiki room as it is nice for hot days in the AC, but I don't like the new old version. The one with Iago and Zzazu was better. For any first timers, plan your strategy. Early morning visits are. Great way to knock out a Land at MK.

Last edited:
So, it is breakfast time at CRT. Time to get a familiar photo.

WP_003490.jpg

Then, individually with this year's favorite princesses. Our youngest has been consistent with Snow White, but oldest changed to Ariel a couple years ago - maybe when she was on the swim team.

Snow White

DSCN2992.JPG

Ariel

DSCN2994.JPG

Jasmine

DSCN2996.JPG

Aurora

DSCN2997.JPG

And, since the one I take of Cinderella in the main room never turns out with the cell phone, I get this shot almost every trip we eat there.

Cinderella

WP_003511.jpg

And, Cinderella

WP_003513.jpg

We used to try at eat breakfast here each because of their stuffed french toast. DW found the recipe and made it at home. They used some type of fried cheese Danish. However, their new menu was not very good. The stuffed French toast is gone. I tried steak and eggs, but they used raw onions which was a terrible surprise in the AM. So, it looks like all three meals at CRT are terrible now and that you are paying for the castle experience. This may be our last time eating at the castle for awhile.

Last edited:
Time to try the Sword in the Stone. None of us can move it.

First,

WP_003515.jpg

Next,

WP_003516.jpg

But, the real sword in the stone is

WP_003521.jpg

She wanted a sword over a magic wand. But, I like the sword better as well. We did get to use the TiW card at CRT. I'll check after this trip report, but we may have already re-coupled that $100 charge at this point.

Time to get one side of Fantasyland. We did PhilHarmagic, but I forgot to get a picture. Let the meal settle a bit before rides. Then, one of my favorites, IASW.

WP_003517.jpg

Peter Pan is being refurbed. Got a picture at Rapunzel's tower. I hope they open it up for a tour thing.

WP_003518.jpg

And then, the Haunted Mansion.

WP_003519.jpg

So far, great weather and great touring. I don't like to do a lot of double backing over the park. So, it's ride and move.

Last edited:
Time to hit the mountains, and yes, we'll get all 3 mountains in again as well.

We grab a FP for BTMR and do the 30 minute wait for Splash Mountain. This was probably the longest line we had all day.

One of the birdhouses in line.

WP_003520.jpg

We really got wet. I had the front car, which put a lot of weight up front and dipped the nose of the boat under the water, almost like a submarine.

Onto Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

WP_003531.jpg

Snack time. We split up as we all wanted different snacks. Youngest dd wanted popcorn.

WP_003532.jpg

I had my dole whip float.

WP_003533.jpg

We were going to meet at Space Mountain to get FP and then do that land. Unfortunately, DW wasn't able to try candy corn ice cream as it was only sold during MNSSHP.

On the way to Tomorrow Land, we found the garbage can robot. This was a first

WP_003535.jpg

We got our FPs, finished snacks, and went to Buzz Light Year, which had a 20 minute wait. The line did ok until we got to the entrance and then just stopped. The FP people just kept zooming by, and stand by didn't budge. After 5 minutes, we said forget it and went to the Laugh Floor.

WP_003536.jpg

Then, back to Space Mountain.

WP_003537.jpg

Last edited:
It is around 4:00 PM, and other that the breakfast food, all we had was junk food. That really isn't a big downer for me, but I guess we should feed the dds better. So, we go to Cosmic Rays for burgers and hotdogs - the epitome of healthy.

WP_003541.jpg

DW at I at the Tea Cups. My, how that camera has shrunk over 13 years of marriage.

WP_003543.jpg

Then, the famous candy apple snack.

WP_003545.jpg

First, the apple was amazing. The CM was Mel from Dayton. She said that most people ask her to move and get out of the picture when the take one of the apple. So, I asked her to stay and be a part of our experience.

The Great Goofini

WP_003546.jpg

The Amazing Donaldo

WP_003547.jpg

Back to the Pooh ride and

WP_003550.jpg

... The Carousel to finish out FantasyLand. We didn't ride Dumbo or Under the Sea, but we did them on Sunday at the MNSSHP, so we were ok with that.

WP_003551.jpg

and

WP_003553.jpg

Last edited:
My plan of limited walking doesn't seem to be working. So, while my Commando plan has failed, we decided to try some other firsts that we have missed for whatever reason these many trips.

This isn't a first, just a dream. :lmao:

WP_003476.jpg

Wait, I meant this.

WP_003554.jpg

Then, we try Countrybear Jambore. I know this is a classic, but somehow we missed it each trip. It was funny, and I think I saw some relatives on stage.

WP_003557.jpg

Onto the ferry boat. We have the of Belle of Louisville which I have been on, so maybe that is why we skipped it. But, it is a nice relaxing boat ride.

WP_003558.jpg

Since we are so close by, I have to get a churro.

WP_003562.jpg

Followed by another Dole Whip Float.

WP_003563.jpg

Perhaps this is why that camera shrank.

Last edited:
We walked over to Liberty Square and sat on the benches to rest. It was close enough to the Celebrate Magic and Wishes that we decided to just sit and rest and watch both shows. There was some tree obstruction, but at that point, it felt good to rest. After both shows, we went to TomorrowLand to ride Astro Orbiter, as that is one of my favorites. The line was just way too long and no one felt like waiting. So, we did the Buzz Light Year ride we missed earlier, and I got this MK ending, cell phone battery killing, and multi year photo to end this day.

WP_003568.jpg

Then, we rode the PeopleMover since it was still open so they would have to kick us out. :lmao:

It was. Great day at the MK. We had beautiful weather (no rain and not too hot), short wait times, and many first firsts for our family. That Disney magic just keeps on rolling.

Well, the rain has stopped and it is still overcast. We will try some swimming, WHW, Fulton's for dinner, and DTD for some shopping. Will post more later. Have a magical day.

Last edited:
Loving it!!!!

This year I'm going to try a first: Dole float with a shot of rum- still trying to figure how to get the rum in it:lmao:

Norm I didn't know you were a IASM lover. I knew I liked you for some reason. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nice job on the Dole Whip Floats. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Looks like you guys are having an awesome time! Enjoy dinner at Fultons.

This year I'm going to try a first: Dole float with a shot of rum- still trying to figure how to get the rum in it:lmao:

Flask? Coke bottle?? Water bottle? Baby bottle? :confused3 :lmao::lmao: popcorn:: :rolleyes1

Everyone slept in late as I finished the trip report from yesterday. We had a nice swim and everyone is taking showers. We'll eat some lunch and head over to Welcome Home Wednesday. I should have enough down time there to post a picture along the way. :lmao:

Loving it!!!!

I think they had a spiced rum dole whip over in Epcot earlier in the year, but it may be gone now. I'll check tomorrow.

Norm I didn't know you were a IASM lover. I knew I liked you for some reason. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes, it is a must do for me.

Loving it!!!!

My DW said there a location that sells that at Disney World. A quick Google search unveiled this:
DFB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter