No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Yes, just when you thought it was safe to return to your threads, this one rears its ugly head. :lmao:

Let me know if you want to try and get a meet in. A 30 second encounter will make you infamous on my trip report. And, you know that infamous is way better than just plain old regular famous.

You DISdads are awesome! I love reading your TRs! :rotfl2:

I would love to be infamous with a 30 second meet and a cameo on your TR. I just have no idea where and when we will be. We plan on watching the second parade and will probably grab dinner at Cosmic Rays. If you see Cinderella and a Big Mouth Bass on scooters, say "hi". I'll keep an eye out for you and the fam. :thumbsup2

Mass last night. Jesus and palm trees. Amen.

temporary-13.jpg

Oh, and here is that OKW balcony view. Sunrise this AM over the water. :thumbsup2

temporary-14.jpg

Preach it brother Norm

Feature pool at OKW. I like their water slide. Met with some people who did the TOT 10K or 10 miler - whichever. My original plan was to eventually decide to train for one of these races and run one. However, after watching different people board the bus last night, it was clear that many were never in training. So, maybe I'll sign up for one and just ride the rides. Think they will loan me a Segway to ride thru it? :lmao:

Time for showers, lunch, and rest before MNSSHP. Probably won't post any more pictures until tomorrow.

We haven't been to DTD in a while, maybe we'll do that. Also, let us know how the TIW works out for you. When my DD is 10 next year, I may be going that route as well.

Will do". I'd say with 3 trips, it will be an easy one for us. With Shula's, Fulton's, CRT, & BoG alone this trip, I'll easily hit that $100 mark. I think the DP always wins when you compare it item vs item. But, I just don't want to have to eat a QS and TS each day. I know you can save them up, but then eat signature TS or a bunch of QS meals in one day? Plus, do you eat all those chocolate cake desserts on the QS meals? I did and was sick of them. Yesterday, I had a Mickey ice cream sandwich for lunch. Today, it is breakfast and lunch from the grocery store with beer and TS tonight.

You DISdads are awesome! I love reading your TRs! :rotfl2:

I would love to be infamous with a 30 second meet and a cameo on your TR. I just have no idea where and when we will be. We plan on watching the second parade and will probably grab dinner at Cosmic Rays. If you see Cinderella and a Big Mouth Bass on scooters, say "hi". I'll keep an eye out for you and the fam. :thumbsup2

I'll look for you. We aren't doing anything fancy. I'll have my Jack Skellington shirt I have on in my avatar, and oldest dd will have an Alice in Wonderland dress shirt. We have a BoG ADR for 6:50.

And, I forgot to post that we caught a lizard in the room last night. It freaked DW out in the bathroom, so I cornered it with the broom and had youngest dd put a glass over it. She missed and cut off its tail, which started wiggling around. I put the Disney advertisement card under the glass, carried it outside, and hurled it to the tree/bushes below.

I wanted to stop to take pictures, but that didn't seem to be a prudent move at the time. :sad2:

And, I forgot to post that we caught a lizard in the room last night. It freaked DW out in the bathroom, so I cornered it with the broom and had youngest dd put a glass over it. She missed and cut off its tail, which started wiggling around. I put the Disney advertisement card under the glass, carried it outside, and hurled it to the tree/bushes below.

I wanted to stop to take pictures, but that didn't seem to be a prudent move at the time. :sad2:

Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!:rotfl2:

Will do". I'd say with 3 trips, it will be an easy one for us. With Shula's, Fulton's, CRT, & BoG alone this trip, I'll easily hit that $100 mark. I think the DP always wins when you compare it item vs item. But, I just don't want to have to eat a QS and TS each day. I know you can save them up, but then eat signature TS or a bunch of QS meals in one day? Plus, do you eat all those chocolate cake desserts on the QS meals? I did and was sick of them. Yesterday, I had a Mickey ice cream sandwich for lunch. Today, it is breakfast and lunch from the grocery store with beer and TS tonight.

Yep. I agree with you completely. And there are times that with the Quick Services, my girls would be cheaper going a la carte or splitting. IMO, there can't be an overwhelming difference between out of pocket cost or DDP, otherwise, EVERYONE would be doing one over the other. So I don't fret over it. But I too, am taking your approach where I want a bot more freedom in the meals that I choose.

Hope MNSSHP is\was a blast. Looking forward to some more photos.

Not unless you wanted your "tail" cut off :lmao:

Yep. I agree with you completely. And there are times that with the Quick Services, my girls would be cheaper going a la carte or splitting. IMO, there can't be an overwhelming difference between out of pocket cost or DDP, otherwise, EVERYONE would be doing one over the other. So I don't fret over it. But I too, am taking your approach where I want a bot more freedom in the meals that I choose.

Hope MNSSHP is\was a blast. Looking forward to some more photos.

Back when we first tried a DP, it included gratuity, which made it a worthwhile deal. Now, that is not included. I've done OOP before and i did the math and the price difference was the snacks. But, I ate where I wanted, had an appetizer, drink, etc.

Not unless you wanted your "tail" cut off :lmao:

:scared: :crazy2:

Now that would be a picture! :rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Morning all. Let's get to the Sunday trip report. After a nice relaxing day at the resort, we got dressed to go to the MNSSHP at MK.

WP_003395.jpg

Cinderella's Castle. Whenever I think of WDW, I think of MK and the castle. Sure, Epcot is great, AK has the safari ride, and DHS has so great rides, but the castle always does it for me.

WP_003396.jpg

On the bus ride over, I notice that oldest dd's neck is red and it looks like hives. Unfortunately, the Benadryl was on the counter at OKW, so we had another first first for us - stop at the first aid center. She was in good spirits.

WP_003397.jpg

This slowed up my commando plan as she needed to keep cooler for awhile. I figured that POTC was cool, so let's go there. On the way over, I see an earlier entrance for Tinkerbell. I figured let's wait in AC line and get a picture.

WP_003403.jpg

A 30 minute wait was a bit much for Tinkerbell, but we needed the AC and the plan worked.

Last edited:
To be in the Dis Dads Club, you have to pay dues, which are dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. I try to get all new members to mail their dues to me so that I can distribute them to everyone else. Most claim they mailed them and Stitch (or one of his cousins) who is hiding in mailbox is stealing them. :confused3

So, while at WDW, I need to get a Dole Whip. This is a Dole Whip swirl - vanilla & pineapple - for DW. I had my first Dole Whip float. Yum! The only thing better than a Dole Whip is a Dole Whip Float (with pineapple juice).

WP_003406.jpg

Onto the POTC. Again, there is more AC and this is just a really fun ride. As a member of Team Sparrow, it is good to have a chance to meet up with out leader. Here, younger dd gets a shot with a cannon.

WP_003409.jpg

After some more AC, we had back to the first aid center for anotherr Benadryl dose. We have an ADR at Be our Guest restaurant. Along the way, my Alice wants a picture here.

WP_003412.jpg

Last edited:
Time for BoG, which is not a great sounding acronym. It is located in the newest addition of Fantasyland. We missed the opening last year by a few weeks.

WP_003414.jpg

The walk up to the castle is great.

WP_003415.jpg

Once you check in, then you walk across the bridge and see the castle itself on top of the hill. Once greeted, the CM will open the doors for you in grand style. I thought I would get a picture of this guy.

WP_003416.jpg

Once inside, the restaurant is themed beautifully with the chandeliers, large windows to watch the snow fall, and the west wing with the rose. In all its decor, there is not a lot of soundproofing, which made dining in the main hall very loud. Perhaps the west wing would have offered more sound absorption, but I don't know if you can request that location.

The food had mixed reviews. I had a beer and DW had the French onion soup. Well, I tried the soup as well to make sure she wasn't poisoned or anything. The soup was amazing. For dinner, I had the shrimp/scallop dish which was excellent. DW had the pork chop with Mac and cheese, which was really good. Older dd tried the lamb, which looked amazing, but did not taste very good. Youngest dd ordered the kids steak which was really thin and dry (ordered medium). For dessert, we had the grey stuff which was good. With the TiW card, we paid around $100 for the meal (20% off plus 18% tip). The service was really good.

After the meal, the staff invite you to tour the different parts of the restaurant and then have a picture with the beast, which also has a photo pass photographer.

WP_003423.jpg

Then, just another picture at the front with a window.

WP_003426.jpg

And, the restaurant is a little too dark for my liking. Speaking of dark, all the photos will now be shot in the dark with my cell phone. I thought my children might be haunted at times - I wonder if these photos are evidence of that? :lmao:

Last edited:
Onto the MNSSHP, which is in full swing after our meal. Normally, I would not have made an ADR so late into party time, but that was the only time slot available 6 months ago.

Another first first - the new Ariel ride.

WP_003427.jpg

I really liked the ride and all the animatronics and music. However, one thing I noticed with this ride was that there wasn't much effort used to hide the "magic". At Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain, the strings and lifts are covered with water, lighting, or surrounding feature design. With the Ariel ride, I could see the mechanics in the ceiling and the mechanical lift attached to her back. Yes, that ride calls for and has better lighting, but maybe some seaweed to hide some stuff.

Then, onto Dumbo.

WP_003430.jpg

I think I have a picture of this from every trip. Since the party is out, there are no wait for the rides.

I wanted to start our journey on Space Mountain, but people were waiting outside. :scared1: I will later know it was because none of the inside wait was there, but just was scared away, especially being so close to Hallowishes time. So, we did the Peoplemover.

WP_003432.jpg

Then, over to the Tomorrowland bridge for Firreworks viewing. Apparently, people are reading my reports (yeah right), because my seats were taken. Still, the best fireworks show and music.

WP_003441.jpg

Last edited:
Good of you to be a taster for your DW. Everyone should have a taster.

Looks like you're having a great time so far. Wow, your daughters have really grown up!

We are and they are, thanks. I think one of the perks in returning for WDW trips is that one can eliminate the stuff they did or tried once, and keep it more relaxing. Like, we won't leave MK to have a meal at DTD and return to MK. Or, we won't ever go on Stitch's Great Escape ride again. :crazy2:

After the parade, we went and rode Space Mountain. The ceiling stars were on which makes it really cool to ride. I'm saving that picture for dramatic purposes. Stay tuned. :lmao:

Then, we head over to Frontierland for the MNSSHP 2nd parade. Wouldn't you know it, all my seats on the wall or next to LTT are taken. :furious: So, it is to our 2nd spot - Liberty Square next to the Hall of Presidents. There are two rocking chairs on the landing area, which already had people sitting in them. But, we we're still able to sit and wait on the stairs, and then the children make a dash for the front row after the parade area is roped off. I stay on the stairs. Waiting for the parade ....

WP_003446.jpg

A couple parade shots. Captain Hook.

WP_003449.jpg

The best part about the parade is the headless horseman. It is really a cool sight to see. After the parade, we are right there for the Haunted Mansion, which we must ride during the MNSSHP.

WP_003451.jpg

The picture of Lady Renata is about as good as the jokes she tells. :lmao:

Last edited:
And, the finale, while the pictures are a little out of order, I wanted to include all three mountains in one post. That has been one of my goals now each trip - to ride all 3 mountains - without having to walk across the park several times and without having to do a long stand by wait. I guess with FP+, I can do that goal anytime I want so this may be the last chance I get to do that.

Space Mountain

WP_003443.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

WP_003452.jpg

Splash Mountain

WP_003453.jpg

Several first firsts this park day. There was another first that happened at MK that I overheard - a guest didn't know what resort they were staying at. They knew it was an All Star, but couldn't remember which one. I heard the CM trying to prompt them if it had sports, movies, or music decorations. :lmao:

Unfortunately, I missed a chance to get a MNSSHP edition pin as we ran out of time. We exited Splash Mountain after midnight and I just didn't get one earlier. Oh well, a regular MNSSHP pin will just have to do. The dds were able to get lots of candy trick or treating, and I managed to get some Twix bars along the way, which disappeared quickly. And, I had to give up my seat on the bus (stick to the code) ride back to OKW. An excellent day.

I've been watching the folders this morning and now hear some creatures stirring - time to get back to the family. Later all.

Last edited:
My mid-morning swim and rest in the hot tub was interfered with by the rain. That's ok. This is a no park/ rest day. We may go to the community hall and play before heading the Shulas's for dinner. I've drank three beers and ate a lot of candy from the MNSSHP already. The family is taking showers and I'm posting outside on the balcony as I watch the birds.

So, which is it? One trip a year in the 1 BR or two trips a year in the studio? This 1 BR is a lot of fun and a lot of space.

Several first firsts this park day. There was another first that happened at MK that I overheard - a guest didn't know what resort they were staying at. They knew it was an All Star, but couldn't remember which one. I heard the CM trying to prompt them if it had sports, movies, or music decorations. :lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

Awesome!
So, which is it? One trip a year in the 1 BR or two trips a year in the studio? This 1 BR is a lot of fun and a lot of space.

UT OH... i see more DVC points in your future... :idea:

Thanks for the live updating Norm! Keep it up! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter