No way Jose! We are going to Disneyland! 3/13 - Movin' on Up!

I know - I'm on a roll being all caught up with the DIS finally! :thumbsup2

I can DEFINITELY help with your NYC trip, I love talking about the city that I love!! :goodvibes Sounds like you have a pretty great schedule already - but there is so much to see and do, I'm here when you are ready to start planning. :thumbsup2 I'm guessing your stop at Ellis Island also includes the Statue of Liberty since they are pretty much together...if not for some reason, you should definitely do that. It's not expensive at all, and a wonderful experience. Ellis Island is awesome too.
:

Awesome!! Thanks. I'll be sure to check in with you as we get more details closer to the trip.

Loved the photos of LegoLand. It has grown and added so much since our trip there in 2007. But I do have to agree with your review. I was glad we went when DS was 7 and DD was 9. I was already thinking even then that they would not enjoy it much past that age/size. I was there with a broken ankle in a boot that year. Spent my entire day sitting in a wheelchair as there just wasn't much for big folks to do/ride.

I am so shocked by how few people there seem to be in Legoland!!! Looks like a fun time ... but sadly, my boys are well beyond the age that would be interested in this park. :rolleyes:

So exciting for Henry! I loved leggos when I was little. My grandma had a big box of them, when she went into the Alzheimer's home we had a 20 y/o, 17 y/o and 14 y/o fighting over who go the leggo box lol. I have always thought about going to Leggo Land when I was in LA, but now that I am reading this report I will be skipping it until I have a Leggo enthused child!

First off...all the videos are saying private to me, but it might be the browser I am using?

Claire is lego obsessed too right now. We bought some at DTD and all she wanted to do fro m hat point on is play with them and I had to threaten taking them away a few times. She has asked about going to Legoland in Florida now too...and I have no clue how she even knows about it.
It really looks amazing there though Great theming. It's so amazing what people can build with legos...or look like legos.

Oops! I fixed them! Thanks for the heads up! I uploaded from Mac's iMovie and it automatically makes them private. :headache:

It is definitely worth a day trip! There are BOGO tickets for FL now too, so it makes for a pretty low priced getaway. I love that they have girl Legos now too!

Yup, the videos say they are private for me too.

What a cute park! I can see how Lego lovers would totally be in delight. Kadence goes in streaks playing with hers. She is most happy when her Daddy plays with, and then weird things are made:rolleyes1

:rotfl: That's so funny! Joe and Henry play almost everyday and there is always some sort of giant tower or car built. I think they are working on a ship now. Who knows. It's my DIS time. ;)

Yup, me too! No videos. boo!

But seeing Henry in an assortment of lego vehicles is just precious. He must have had a field day. I have never seen pictures of lego land, so thank you for such a great tour. It really looks like a cool place and so uncrowded.

I fixed them! My fault! I forgot that silly iMovie makes the private.

He LOVED Legoland. He was in his "happy place" all day long. It was really sweet to surprise him with it.

Wow it does seem empty! I love that he was the fire chief, and won! I'm sad we never made it when the boys would have been into it.

It really was pretty dead - even though it was a weekend. Gotta love the off season!

Says private for me, too! Loved the pics! Brought me back to times with my lads. I took two of them to Legoland Windsor in '02. Fortunately I had a book to read while they waited in line for the driving school!

I was fortunate that my SIL worked for Lego when they were young. I would give her my list and she would purchase them with her company discount. We have large bins in the basement and attic from all the sets. I guess it was good training as the oldest is a mechanical engineer and the youngest is studying to become one!

I fixed them now...just forgot to change the settings with silly iMovie.

I bet that line for Driving School gets LONG! I'm glad we got it done with right away, it's set up just like the Tomorrowland Speedway and that line can be brutal, so I figured this would be the same.

Wow! That's so great about your SIL getting the Legos at a discount! But it would be seriously dangerous for this household. :lmao: And very cool that your kids are working to become mechanical engineers!! I always wonder if Henry will do something like that because he truly LOVES to build and is pretty good at it for a 5 year old. :thumbsup2

Great update! Love seeing the beach photos...looks like heaven!

We have been to Legoland twice - DS LOVES Legoland!! He wants to go again this summer! We did the water park last time too .... which was very small.

The drive from Anaheim is nice and very easy, isnt it! We always stop for breakfast in Laguna Niguel at Mollie's and then have dinner in Carlsbad at Las Olas. Last time, we stopped at Farrel's Ice Cream parlor in Missn Viejo on the way back to Anaheim after dinner. Yum!

Henry wants to go again too! Hmmm...our plans are in flux right now - looks like February isn't happening, but maybe July. A day trip to Legoland FL might just work. Hmmm...thinking out loud here. :goodvibes

Yes! The drive was EASY. I was nervous about the traffic, but there was none! I'll have to keep the places you mentioned in mind for our future trips. Without my picture program open I cannot recall where we ate...probably Downtown Disney. :laughing:

Legoland looks like fun!
My nephews would have asked to buy legos just like Henry. It's so tempting not to!

Oh, we didn't get out of there without Legos. But we DID make him wait until the end. It was easier to say "at the end, before we go" than to tell him "No, we aren't leaving yet." and lug the box(es) around. I have a great shot of him when we finally told him it was time to BUY. :rotfl:

Love the video surprising Henry. Shawn loves his Lego's too.

Isn't that cute? He was SO excited. It was fun! Legos are great toys - expensive, but so creative and they last FOREVER. Many of ours were actually my brothers and they are in perfect shape!

Awesome!! Thanks. I'll be sure to check in with you as we get more details closer to the trip.

Loved the photos of LegoLand. It has grown and added so much since our trip there in 2007. But I do have to agree with your review. I was glad we went when DS was 7 and DD was 9. I was already thinking even then that they would not enjoy it much past that age/size. I was there with a broken ankle in a boot that year. Spent my entire day sitting in a wheelchair as there just wasn't much for big folks to do/ride.

Oh no, that's awful about being in a wheelchair! Then you can do even less! :headache: It was a fun day, but ya, not much to do for adults really except watch their kids have fun--which is wonderful, but Disney has the "family entertainment" down like no one else!

I am so shocked by how few people there seem to be in Legoland!!! Looks like a fun time ... but sadly, my boys are well beyond the age that would be interested in this park. :rolleyes:

Even on a weekend, it was quiet overall! We do see some crowds later, but really not much for the entire day.

So exciting for Henry! I loved leggos when I was little. My grandma had a big box of them, when she went into the Alzheimer's home we had a 20 y/o, 17 y/o and 14 y/o fighting over who go the leggo box lol. I have always thought about going to Leggo Land when I was in LA, but now that I am reading this report I will be skipping it until I have a Leggo enthused child!

:rotfl: that's so funny about the arguing over the Legos! It's true though, they never get old! Joe loves them almost as much as Henry!

I think it's a smart move to skip it for now. There really isn't much to do for adults/older children - yes, you can go on the rides, but they are VERY kid focused, not like Disney's that tell a story or entertain all ages. Even from the bit you've seen it gives you an idea. We rode almost everything in the park. The few other "thrills" are a kid friendly roller coaster (ala Barnstormer/Gadgets Go Coaster), and a couple water rides that are also child friendly. Not worth the admission price unless you are with a little one!

Just wanted to share a bit about our Thanksgiving - you've likely seen these pictures if you are friends with me on Facebook, but for those of you who aren't ... Joe and a friend of ours (Justin) woke up while it was still dark out on Thanksgiving day and headed into Manhattan to claim a front row seat for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Myself and Justin's wife and the kids joined them about an hour before the parade began. It was an ORDEAL getting to them, and seemed hopeless at the time, but after hopping a few police barricades :rolleyes1 (we had police officers HELP us do it though! LOL!) we made it! Here are some pictures from the parade:

556766_10152284413470285_121275282_n.jpg

There are over 900 clowns in the parade!

12705_10152284415575285_759832467_n.jpg

Many wonderful marching bands

558935_10152284416460285_1233203056_n.jpg

18091_10152284422450285_101353695_n.jpg

643937_10152284423520285_1111040640_n.jpg

603951_10152284427700285_1154480539_n.jpg

Sesame Street Cast Members

599872_10152284428270285_1500618671_n.jpg

3609_10152284429625285_1615006886_n.jpg

305692_10152284430515285_501288456_n.jpg

Jimmy Fallon

551312_10152284440175285_1365803233_n.jpg

68471_10152284451705285_1155832265_n.jpg

481698_10152284452765285_207565986_n.jpg

Whoopi Goldberg

423143_10152284456420285_1650719159_n.jpg

248894_10152284465120285_11847190_n.jpg

188468_10152284471330285_63295004_n.jpg

YAY DISNEY CRUISE LINE!!!!!

558896_10152284485345285_1897594135_n.jpg

The Fierce Five - Women's Olympic Gold Medalists!

68348_10152284491295285_1171129242_n.jpg

551549_10152284502700285_2107800730_n.jpg

484446_10152284507970285_506262174_n.jpg

182571_10152284509620285_616921631_n.jpg

It was a GREAT time, worth getting up early for!!!

what wonderful parade photos! It is on my bucket list to go to NYC one year for the Thanksgiving day parade. I had no idea the women's Olympic team would be there! So fun! I met four of them in Hartford a couple weeks ago. Jordyn Weiber was an absolute sweetheart! I work in the town where Aly lives.

I love the parade pics! The holidays don't actually start until I've seen Santa at the end of the parade!

Legoland looks awesome. I hope my niece and/or nephew are more into Legos in a couple of years...I would love an excuse to visit. :)

Jill in CO

What awesome pictures! You definately had great seats for the parade:) Thanks for sharing them!

I agree its a bucket list thing for me to do! I will gladly sit outside waiting for it. i have done the Calgary Stampede a few times, since its not to far and we use to live there. I just love parades!

Great photos!! We watched on TV and as the SS float went by and then they stopped to sing, I could not believe my eyes!!! Half of the cast was on the air when I was young. (that is many moons ago!!!) I remembered Susan and Bob and Louis, and I think Susan's husband's name was Gordon. Very nice of the gentlemen to go down there and save you all a spot.

brookelizabeth said:
Just wanted to share a bit about our Thanksgiving - you've likely seen these pictures if you are friends with me on Facebook, but for those of you who aren't ... Joe and a friend of ours (Justin) woke up while it was still dark out on Thanksgiving day and headed into Manhattan to claim a front row seat for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Myself and Justin's wife and the kids joined them about an hour before the parade began. It was an ORDEAL getting to them, and seemed hopeless at the time, but after hopping a few police barricades :rolleyes1 (we had police officers HELP us do it though! LOL!) we made it! Here are some pictures from the parade:

It was a GREAT time, worth getting up early for!!!

What great pictures and an amazing experience!

What great pics of the Thanksgiving day Parade!! I will get us there one year for that!!! Just don't know when!!!

We loved Legoland the year we went. Just wish Jeremy would have been a little bit older (He was 10 1/2 months old when we went!! :rotfl2:) But we are talking about doing it again this year just because he loves Lego's and can sit and do set's all by himself now!! He still loves for us to help him but prefers to do it himself!!

First, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the way Henry says "WEGO"! :thumbsup2

We watched the parade on TV and Kadence ran up to the TV and hugged it when Mickey came on. Told me I had to take a pic.:lmao: I think it would be awesome to see it front row!

Just wanted to say that I LOVE :love: your pictures from the parade. They are really gorgeous. Glad you had such a great time and such a wonderful viewing area. It looks like a ton of fun!

Such an experience, The Macy's Thanskgiving Day parade. I can honestly say as a New Yorker that I have never seen it in person.

Such a brave and wonderful thing to do. :yay:

It has been my Thanksgiving morning thing to do. :lovestruc

What great memories.

Hey Brook,

Nice photos of the parade... I have to drive up from Philadelphia to NY for it...
(my brother's family was in from CA and they went and saw it... I cooked...:confused3)

Ah... the Hollywood Sign... everyone wants to see it and it really isn't that easy to find... I remember one of the times we were in CA we got really good views of it from the Griffith Observatory... also remember reading ( and may want to do someday...I'd like to do a road trip from the Grand Canyon to Disneyland...) that you can take a horseback ride up towards the sign and get pretty close but you have to be at least 12 or so...

Legoland is like the mothership for all little people who like or LOVE Lego... David thought it was Heaven... he was about 5 when we were there... (are you going to let Henry know there's one in Orlando now too?...:rolleyes1 Actually Legos are really pretty good toys so I think its awesome there's place for them to live out their adoration...:goodvibes

The CBreak at PP looked very cute... never made it over there but really loved the CG... curious to see what you think...;)

(BTW... It's an awesome thing you've been doing for the victims of Sandy...:hug: (PM me info... I'd like to make a donation)...

We lost our power for 8 days and I thought I was going to lose my mind-and it was just power (heat, electricity and wifi)... our house was fine... we still had hot water and a gas range...and we had relatives to turn to in the area...

It is absolutely devastating what so many people are having to live through... loosing so much...:sad2:)

Just wanted to tell you how great your Macy's parade photos are, your husband is great to go down early to secure such a wonderful view for you.:lovestruc Someday I hope to be able to go to New York to see it too. You really did get some awesome shots!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter