• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No pool hopping at HH

I've also been at the desk when people have asked to see rooms. Answers have ranged from nothing available to 'there is no one to show you around'. I was chatting with one couple who just 'dropped by' when we were all treated to a dolphin swimming by. I think they decided to buy on the spot.

And, if you have ever relaxed on the little wooded hill in front of Live Oak Lodge, you will realize that people do a 'turnaround' at the gate every few minutes.

I'll be there soon. Can't wait!

Yes, for us it's only 3 more weeks and I can hardly wait.
I love to relax on the little wooded hill in the front there. Yes, I agree-lots of cars turn around at the gate and I often wondered why. Are they lost? If so, there are lots of lost people on the island.
And the dolphins swimming around the little inlet there, out by the pier, or playing among the boats in the marina is always a thrill. I can well understand why they might buy on the spot.

On our way home from a trip this summer we took a detour and stopped at HH. Ddddddddrove up to the gate and told them we were members and would just like to look around. No problem - they just let us in. We went up to the front desk and they gave us a map and explained that even if we couldn't use the shuttle we could walk to the Beach House . We didn't because I have issues with my feet and that day they were really bad but we did walk to the pool and snack bar area and had a nice look around. Didn't ask to see any rooms but everyone was very pleasant and helpful.

On our way home from a trip this summer we took a detour and stopped at HH. Ddddddddrove up to the gate and told them we were members and would just like to look around. No problem - they just let us in. We went up to the front desk and they gave us a map and explained that even if we couldn't use the shuttle we could walk to the Beach House . We didn't because I have issues with my feet and that day they were really bad but we did walk to the pool and snack bar area and had a nice look around. Didn't ask to see any rooms but everyone was very pleasant and helpful.
There have been reports of people being turned away at the gate. One can always park at the marina and walk across to explore the resort though one cannot pool hop.

I called the resort when I was considering buying and they said I could come look around. I ended up buying sight-unseen, but they were friendly on the phone and I was not even a DVC member at the time.

There is nothing that guarantees access to DVC resorts if you are not a guest, for instance, you can not pool hop at WDW if you are not staying at a DVC resort. If you are staying off-site you can not just walk up and use the pools. However, you can visit the WDW DVC resorts if you are not staying there because the restaurants are open to the general public.

Does HH have a table service restaurant that is open to the public? If not, I can see why they have a "closed" policy to non-guests.

What about non DVC memebers that come over to BWV and swim? was on the boat line back over to DHS last week behind a family of 4 , wet and in bathing suits with clothes over them, and beach pails....and bags over for a swim.

What about non DVC memebers that come over to BWV and swim? was on the boat line back over to DHS last week behind a family of 4 , wet and in bathing suits with clothes over them, and beach pails....and bags over for a swim.

Non-DVC members (and DVC members who are not staying on-site using points or cash through MS) are not entitled to pool hop unless arrangements have been made due to another resort's pool being out of service. For example, if SAB is undergoing maintenance, guests (DVC & non-DVC) are often allowed to pool hop to the Boardwalk pools.

It's up to the resort to enforce rules re use of the pools. Enforcement at the BWV is spotty based on my experience, especially if the pool is not overly crowded.

There will always be low life people who crash pools, violate the PH rules, etc. I think BCV and VB do a much better job than the rest in this area than the rest though I doubt HH has much of a problem other than the occasional owner who wants to visit to see the resort anyway.

What about non DVC members that come over to BWV and swim? was on the boat line back over to DHS last week behind a family of 4 , wet and in bathing suits with clothes over them, and beach pails....and bags over for a swim.

Disney officially does not allow non-DVC guests to use other resort pools. If the pool becomes crowded at all, they will do a room key check and be asked to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter