No offense to anyone..

AllyGirlie

<font color=blue>Si tu savais...<font color=purple
No offense to anyone, but I was wondering if anybody else has been following the so called "War on Christmas." When the whole thing first started I could understand, saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" and acknowleding other religions during the holiday season, but now it is becoming ridiculous in my opinion. There's a school in Texas not allowing it's students to wear red or green during the holiday season, protests over nativity scenes, and another school changing the words of the song Silent Night to Cold Night (making it about the weather). It seems crazy to me that people are trying so hard not to offend a small portion of the population that instead they are compromising the feelings of the majority of the population. Don't get me wrong, this small portion is important, afterall it makes the United States what it is, but lets face it, stores are not making most of their money on Kwanzaa or Chanukah. Am I way off base here or does anyone feel as I do? :confused3

It really makes me angry when people go so far as to change the words to songs, or not allow children to wear holiday colors.

However, I don't understand why some people can't say, "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" because at the same time as Christians, many people are celebrating, or not celebrating, certain events.

TheBellhop said:
It really makes me angry when people go so far as to change the words to songs, or not allow children to wear holiday colors.

However, I don't understand why some people can't say, "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" because at the same time as Christians, many people are celebrating, or not celebrating, certain events.

Same here! ::yes::

I think it's very pathetic you're not allowed to wear red and green! I understand how people with other religions could feel, but that's outrageous. Getting to change song lyrics, banning clothing colors? It ruins the joy of the holiday. I'm against it, I think it's unfair. You should control your own self and pick if you want to celebrate the holiday or not, not your school district, state, or whoever.

beachbaby91 said:
I think it's very pathetic you're not allowed to wear red and green! I understand how people with other religions could feel, but that's outrageous. Getting to change song lyrics, banning clothing colors? It ruins the joy of the holiday. I'm against it, I think it's unfair. You should control your own self and pick if you want to celebrate the holiday or not, not your school district, state, or whoever.
I think the banning the red and green during the holidays is stupid. I'm wearing a red hockey jersey right now, that has nothing to do with christmas, and they are trying to tell me that I wouldn't be able to wear it because its red?

I could go so many ways with this, but I'm not. I think that they should just say "merry christmas". I don't see what's wrong with happy holidays, but that is taking it a little far.

i think it is stupid..like especial with the wearing of the colors like come'on..and we were talking bout this in school with one of my teachers cause i go to a catholic school and we have a priest who is very mad about this but anyway we were in a class and my teacher made a very good point..she said that her friend who celebrates Chanukah told her that if someone came up to her and said Merry Christmas she wouldnt take offense but instead would take it as if they were wishing them well and i agree with her 100%..like i celebrate Christmas and if someone came up to me and was like Happy Kwanzaa! i would feel as if they were wishin me luck and well wishing me a good holiday in watever i celebrate..like wat is next you cant sell Christmas trees or something like i think that this is just crazy and sry if i rambled but like to me they are taking the special part about the holidays away from everyone like i dont mind the Happy Holidays but i dont think that is should be forced on people and like to me it feels as if they are only doing this to Christmas and they are taking people's rights away in a sense like soon it will be like Happy Shopping Season! idk but i just think it is so stupid and people need to open their eyes and see what really needs to be changed instead of worring about what the man says to me at the check out counter like get real !

(sorry if i offended anyone...i just wanted to let that out and this is just my opinion :earsboy: )

kidpluto said:
i think it is stupid..like especial with the wearing of the colors like come'on..and we were talking bout this in school with one of my teachers cause i go to a catholic school and we have a priest who is very mad about this but anyway we were in a class and my teacher made a very good point..she said that her friend who celebrates Chanukah told her that if someone came up to her and said Merry Christmas she wouldnt take offense but instead would take it as if they were wishing them well and i agree with her 100%..like i celebrate Christmas and if someone came up to me and was like Happy Kwanzaa! i would feel as if they were wishin me luck and well wishing me a good holiday in watever i celebrate..like wat is next you cant sell Christmas trees or something like i think that this is just crazy and sry if i rambled but like to me they are taking the special part about the holidays away from everyone like i dont mind the Happy Holidays but i dont think that is should be forced on people and like to me it feels as if they are only doing this to Christmas and they are taking people's rights away in a sense like soon it will be like Happy Shopping Season! idk but i just think it is so stupid and people need to open their eyes and see what really needs to be changed instead of worring about what the man says to me at the check out counter like get real !

(sorry if i offended anyone...i just wanted to let that out and this is just my opinion :earsboy: )
I heard someone refer to a christmas tree as a "Holiday Tree". That kind of gets under my skin. What other holiday uses a tree?

Well I go to a very diverse private school. So we have people from around everywhere, and to tell you the truth most people do celebrate Christams even if they are a different religon. We have a lot of Jewish people in our school and yes we have a christmas tree up but we also have a manora like right in front of it. And our school lets the Jewish population in our school, celebrate their extra holidays. So If they aren't going to let you celebrate Christmas then they shouldnt let you celebrate Hanaka(SP?) or anything else either. Or we could just be like Seth Cohens from the OC and make up a new holiday like Chrismaka!!!!

I don't know, I just think it's crazy..Bottom line: You can't take Christ out of Christmas

If I was Jewish or African-American I dont think I would have any problem singing christmas songs or seeing nativity scenes or red and green clothes.(which is insane about the clothes thing) I sing hanuaka(sry i cant spell) song all though the holidays at school and never ever think anything of it in a bad way!It really burns me up in side that people in this country can start a "war on christmas"when this is supposed to be a happy carefree time of the year! :rolleyes2

I think it is so stupid that they can't wear certain things. I watched the food network and they said " Happy Hanaku and Kwanaza(SP?)" but they didn't even say Merry Christmas.If they won't allow u to say Merry Christmas u should be allowed to say Happy Hanuka or Kwanaza.Sorry i can't spell.But these people are crazy.I think it all really comes down to what religions school should teach.The schools have only been teach certain religions but if they want to be fair they should teach all the religions so the students can decide what they believe.Christ is the reason for the season!

the whole thing about not being able to wear red and green is beyond ridiculous and its just..not right..its like saying you cant wear orange and black for halloween or blue/red/white for the 4th of july, etc.. Also one thing that annoys me and gets me mad is when i see people say "X-Mas" instead of "Christmas". Christmas isnt that long of a word, how much longer would it take for someone to write "Christ" instead of "X". People need to know the real meaning of Christmas and its not just for presents and such. Christ is deffinetly the reason for the whole Christmas season.

I think the whole thing's totally ridiculous. We did a journal on this today. It doesn't bother me that other people are saying "Happy Holidays", but it shouldn't be forced upon them. I agree with those who said that when someone says "merry Christmas" and their not Christians, then they shouldn't-and probably aren't-offended by it. And not wearing red or green? That's just plain mental. "Holiday trees" sounds really stupid; I've heard it a few times. If someone says "Merry..." whatever, and it doesn't go with your religion, you shouldn't take it offensively. It's like their wishing you well. They wouldn't say that to you if they were hoping you'd fall off a roof or something over the holidays, they're just being nice.

soccercruiser87 said:
the whole thing about not being able to wear red and green is beyond ridiculous and its just..not right..its like saying you cant wear orange and black for halloween or blue/red/white for the 4th of july, etc.. Also one thing that annoys me and gets me mad is when i see people say "X-Mas" instead of "Christmas". Christmas isnt that long of a word, how much longer would it take for someone to write "Christ" instead of "X". People need to know the real meaning of Christmas and its not just for presents and such. Christ is deffinetly the reason for the whole Christmas season.

Very well said Travis. While I sometimes say X-mas it's not often. But........

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

I agree that it is ridiculous. I mean NO OFFENSE to anyone, but like, if they are going to do this, why not do it to all other holidays too? Why just Christmas?! And what next?? No Christmas trees? It's SOOOOOOO ridiculous!!! Just let everyone celebrate what they want to celebrate and leave it alone like they used to. Everything was fine. More people are going to be angry this way.

ann-e-mator said:
I agree that it is ridiculous. I mean NO OFFENSE to anyone, but like, if they are going to do this, why not do it to all other holidays too? Why just Christmas?! And what next?? No Christmas trees? It's SOOOOOOO ridiculous!!! Just let everyone celebrate what they want to celebrate and leave it alone like they used to. Everything was fine. More people are going to be angry this way.

Actually, on the radio, I heard that one city renamed the christmas tree the "holiday tree":rolleyes: This all is so stupid! Why are they ruining the fun for the rest of us?

My mom is the music teacher, and at the end of the holiday concert she sad "Merry Christmas!" and everyone in the audience was like "OMG did she say...chri...chri...CHRISTMAS!!!! omg omg!" It was unbearable! We were surprised that she still hd her job at the audience's reaction. Some people are way too sensitive on this subject. I just think its all stupid lol.

I really don't understand why people think it offends other people if we say "Merry Christmas". If you think about it, for those of you who celebrate Christmas, do you get offended when you hear people say "Happy Haunaka (sp??) " ? I know I don't. I think that it is crazy to change words to songs and not let people where red and green.
Well anyway:

Happy Holidays Everyone!! ;) :teeth:

I agree. I mean. To each his own and let the world go about the way it is!!! Geesh!

Yeah, lets all go and decorate our holiday trees, now :rolleyes2. Honestly that's when it gets too far. Most likely the people who buy the Christmas tree celebrate Christmas. This is just getting way out of hand, honestly. No person who does not celebrate Christmas most likely will not place a Christmas Tree in their home. Each religion has their own thing. It's like changing the Menora's (sp?) name to something just because it offends some people. That's taking away people's right to celebrate their own religion and what they believe in. Sheesh, holiday tree...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter