No more Stanby line for A&E?

ses1230

DIS Veteran
I just came across this article, it states that Disney will be testing limiting the Stanby line for Anna and Elsa. Anyone else heard this? http://****************.com/disney-...nna-and-elsa-meet-and-greet-at-magic-kingdom/

(sorry if this has been posted, I did do a search first)

This is the first I have heard of this. I don't imagine this will go over all that well. Only 80 passes per hour? And they also only allow 9 FP+ reservations per hour? Who knew? I also found this part interesting as well:

Are any other attractions going to be testing this system besides the Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet?

Yes, two other attractions will be entering testing on this system 7/23/2014 – Soarin at Epcot and another attraction currently unknown by our sources (in the Temporary Tourist’s opinion, we believe the other attraction will be Toy Story Mania or Test Track, again that is what we think, but not confirmed)

This is the first I have heard of this. I don't imagine this will go over all that well. Only 80 passes per hour? And they also only allow 9 FP+ reservations per hour? Who knew? I also found this part interesting as well:

Are any other attractions going to be testing this system besides the Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet?

Yes, two other attractions will be entering testing on this system 7/23/2014 – Soarin at Epcot and another attraction currently unknown by our sources (in the Temporary Tourist’s opinion, we believe the other attraction will be Toy Story Mania or Test Track, again that is what we think, but not confirmed)

Agree that that part is interesting. I wonder if some attractions will eventually be FP only?

Following...will be interesting to see if this happens. My coworker arrived in the World today so I can def find out. I find it really hard to believe they only have 9 FPs/hour though. That seems incredibly small.

How very interesting. We'll be there in 5 days. I'll be paying close attention to see if the test continues.

Following...will be interesting to see if this happens. My coworker arrived in the World today so I can def find out. I find it really hard to believe they only have 9 FPs/hour though. That seems incredibly small.

No wonder people can't get a FP for them! Sheesh.

Mad Hattered said:
No wonder people can't get a FP for them! Sheesh.

No doubt. So I did some math (which I admit is scary this late in the day). But isn't the assumption that FP+ makes up ~75% of total capacity. If yes, this would mean only 12 people go thru an hour which would mean 1 person every 5 mins. Is that really right?

Can Disney really make some rides FP only? I mean I know they can, but that seems so crazy to me. So if I pay all that money for a trip I don't have a right to all attractions if I don't secure a FP to some. (I'm talking in theory of course) but that to me has no logic at all to get rid of regular lines. I truly hope this doesn't happen, I can deal with the new FP+ system but enough is enough, IMO.

Makes sense to me (not saying I like it). Might as well just give out all of the spots via FPP.

And the march towards a 100% ride reservation system continues...

My group alone had 9 fps for Anna and Elsa a couple of weeks ago....pretty sure we weren't the only ones in the building with fps.

Liz

Makes sense to me (not saying I like it). Might as well just give out all of the spots via FPP.

And the march towards a 100% ride reservation system continues...

:thumbsup2...and this is where we are headed- like it or not as you said.

IMO- they are better served to give them ALL out via FP and be done with it.If 80 per hour is truly accurate- maybe do 50 at the 60 day mark, and another 30 at the 30 day mark. All that running around- hoping to make the queue and then having to run to yet ANOTHER line to secure a return time....total insanity.

Maybe they mean 9 groups with fastpasses per hour? That would make more sense.

This system sounds interesting and maybe another phase of freeing people up to shop and dine. I still say that a visitor can only eat and shop so much but I'm game to try this.

If 80 per hour is the accurate # then the total per day is likely 1000 guests?.....with that said MK has maybe 20K? 30K guests? Sometimes 40 or 50K per day?

What I don't get is why Disney doesn't put them in EVERY park. I know they belong in fantasyland- or maybe epcot but seriously. How much $$$ is disney losing when a family is waiting for 3 hours for ONE meet/greet?

I'd guesstimate that capacity should probably be more like 5K per day to even come close to demand.

:thumbsup2...and this is where we are headed- like it or not as you said.

IMO- they are better served to give them ALL out via FP and be done with it.If 80 per hour is truly accurate- maybe do 50 at the 60 day mark, and another 30 at the 30 day mark. All that running around- hoping to make the queue and then having to run to yet ANOTHER line to secure a return time....total insanity.
I got the impression that the 80 passes were those that they would be handing out at the park. Maybe I'm misreading the article.

If someone can decipher this:

As this time, it’s believed Disney will only be handing out 80 passes per hour for the entire testing day. Once all passes have been distributed for that day, no more passes will be given. As such, no more guests will be allowed to enter the line to see Anna and Elsa on that day. These 80 passes per hour do not include and Fast Passes given for visiting Anna and Elsa. Only 9 Fast Passes per hour are distributed to guests for Anna and Elsa.

I got the impression that the 80 passes were those that they would be handing out at the park. Maybe I'm misreading the article.

If someone can decipher this:

You are not. It's not going to FP+ only. Just no standby. You'll get a return time ticket like at Jack Sparrow, Jedi Training or Frozen Sing A Long.

I think it's an improvement. Sure beats standing in 1 line for hours. Why not get a return and tour and come back later?

The one part of their story that is simply impossible is the 9 FP+ per hour. That is simply impossible. There may be 9 at each increment but that increment of time is not 60 min. At least not leading up to this test. Maybe while it's testing it's only 9 per hour but today, I do not believe they issued only 9 FP+ for each hour the park was open. Not buying that.

ETA - The way they wrote the following it sounds like it's always been 9 per hour.
Fast Passes will still work as usual. (9 FastPass+ reservations per hour – yes it really is that low!)

I took it as 80 passes per hour handed out in the park- PLUS the 9 fast passes they were giving via FP.....so around 90 per hour x 12 hours in a park day would be what disney is now capping at capacity. (PLUS you would add in the # of people they allow in the queue....not sure how many that would be at rope drop. How many fit?)

Huh. So now there is even more incentive to claw, fight, and push your way to A&E at opening. They better beef up security for this little test.

Considering this is supposed to start tomorrow, I'd like to see the legitimate Disney article/blog post confirming it. Oh, wait...'reliable sources' told this website, so it must be happening! :rolleyes:

Considering this is supposed to start tomorrow, I'd like to see the legitimate Disney article/blog post confirming it. Oh, wait...'reliable sources' told this website, so it must be happening! :rolleyes:

Yeah, basically this article is saying that these certain attractions are going back to using the regular fast passes (before FP+). I have a hard time believing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter