No more preferences/interest selection fr?

jilliankp

Earning My Ears
Hi! I can't find anyone talking about this, but I submitted my DCP application today, and I was just about to do my WBI when I realized that they never asked in my application about role preferences/interests. The only thing mentioned on the application was just an acknowledgment of the roles, and on the website, it says to be flexible with what is offered. Does anyone know how roles will be assigned? Or have they just moved this selection until later in the application process?

I made a whole excel sheet for ranking the roles but I am not sure where to input that information now. Thank you in advance for any information!

My daughter hopes to do a third term in summer 2022 as an International Student, so she is following the current hiring process for American college students fairly closely. She mentioned to me that indicating preferred roles is no longer part of the interview process. She has some American friends who will be starting their terms at Disney World in June, so there will likely be more details on the assigning of positions very soon.

You probably saw the following sentence on the Disney College Program website:

Your location and role assignment will be provided no later than one (1) week prior to your scheduled arrival date upon delivery of your individualized itinerary.

Reading between the lines, I suspect that college students won't have much, if any, say in the job they are assigned. But, at this point, your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
Hey Jillian! You are correct-- there is no ranking/preferences for this Fall 2021 season. Roles are assigned on an entirely need-based portfolio this semester as Disney attempts to get Park Operations up to 100% this summer and before the 50th anniversary celebrations.

As itineraries come in for June arrivals, we do know now that many of roles offered so far have been Attractions, QSR, Custodial, Merchandise, Watercraft, and Skyliner. I did see a few Front Desk itineraries last week as well, but I do want to note that those were from people who had been accepted for Front Desk for Fall 2020 before that had been cancelled. We do not think there are going to be any acceptances for any branch of entertainment this semester.

Good luck to you on your DCP journey!

Gosh this is a little bit of a bummer. :sad1: I'm reading this to my nephew who's applying and had his heart set on getting assigned Entertainment. :drinking::rockband::bored:I'm telling him to not get caught up in role and just be ready to savor the experience but I don't think it's working yet. :badpc:

Gosh this is a little bit of a bummer. :sad1: I'm reading this to my nephew who's applying and had his heart set on getting assigned Entertainment. :drinking::rockband::bored:I'm telling him to not get caught up in role and just be ready to savor the experience but I don't think it's working yet. :badpc:

Yes, my DD was scheduled to go May 2020 in Entertainment but of course was cancelled. She did go for this program and is in Merch. at Epcot and really enjoying it. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of full time/part time cast members in entertainment that are still displaced. She hopes that as things open up again she will have the opportunity to go back to entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!