No more gingerbread house making

We are home from cruise and WDW early December visit. We did cookies twice. They were delicious!

View attachment 369633

So cute! When I first heard of the change I was hoping they'd use the gingerbread men with mickey ears for the cookies. I'm still sad they stopped doing the houses as this is our first merry time cruise and I was really looking forward to it, but we're just going to bring a kit with us and do it in the room the first day which is a sea day.

So cute! When I first heard of the change I was hoping they'd use the gingerbread men with mickey ears for the cookies. I'm still sad they stopped doing the houses as this is our first merry time cruise and I was really looking forward to it, but we're just going to bring a kit with us and do it in the room the first day which is a sea day.

AquaDame - if you haven't already purchased the kit, look at the instructions first. DH bought a "doghouse" kit and after I opened everything to make it (I had to go to Guest Services to have them cut open the icing packages since you can't have scissors) I then read I was to put the walls together and let it site for 2-4 house to set up. Oops! I made it work, but kept having to straighten the walls. I would work on one side and the house would start to lean like the Tower of Pisa. :rotfl2:

AquaDame - if you haven't already purchased the kit, look at the instructions first. DH bought a "doghouse" kit and after I opened everything to make it (I had to go to Guest Services to have them cut open the icing packages since you can't have scissors) I then read I was to put the walls together and let it site for 2-4 house to set up. Oops! I made it work, but kept having to straighten the walls. I would work on one side and the house would start to lean like the Tower of Pisa. :rotfl2:
Yes, I always do check the box to be sure we are decorating, not constructing as well. Glad you made it work! That happened to us once!

Was on the Dream last week. We did the cookie decorating and loved it. Short, sweet, delicious, and didn't have to rush to guest services to try and get a ticket. We'll do it again if we book another Merrytime cruise anytime soon.

Was on the Dream last week. We did the cookie decorating and loved it. Short, sweet, delicious, and didn't have to rush to guest services to try and get a ticket. We'll do it again if we book another Merrytime cruise anytime soon.
ditto, we were on the wonder last week and did the ginger bread cookies and loved it.

I’ve always brought scissors. As far as I know they are not on the prohibited list

I probably could have tucked a small pair in my checked luggage. I guess after having to do the 3-d crafts with kid sized child-proof scissors I figured they don't trust us with sharp objects and didn't want to take the chance. And when I went to guest services to ask about getting them cut open the girl seamed a little freaked out I wanted to borrow a pair. She was very deliberate in making sure I knew I couldn't borrow them and have them in my room. I could bring everything down and THEY would cut it open.

I'm like that when people ask to borrow "my" scissors at work.

The fear that people will use them to cut sticky tape and the blades will get stuck together. The fear of them disappearing and having to hunt for scissors, only finding tiny ones. My scissors, my scissors, my scissors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter