NO MORE free valet parking for DVC members.

[QUOTE=TLSnell1981;33899925 I asked the CM about this being covered in our dues. She said this is no longer the case.

so if is this no longer the case from 11th october. if our dues did cover part of this do we get a refund from dues we have already paid?

I really enjoyed this perk, esp at my home resort BWV.
And I'm po'd that they'd cancel it without any notice.
I hope that the valets complain loudly that they are losing big tips...although that will happen ONLY if all DVCers tipped well ...and that its reinstated.

Otherwise, I hope someone will complain about our dues and the high amount BWV owners pay for transportation costs which I bet includes some overhead even on 'outsourcing'.

I'm arriving Oct 26 . Call me bummed

I guess this was DVC's way to deal with renters getting the perk too, and the response to the abuse by some using it to go to the parks.

I knew when they raised the parking lot rates they would have to raise valet rates and yes we all know perks can be taken away at anytime but this stinks.

But have to wonder what is next. :confused3

Well this makes me glad to be at SSR where I can park close to my room.

Since decisions are member feedback based, I say let them hear from all of us, I know I will be emailing.

This was predictable IMO, it was doomed when they out-sourced the system.

I asked the CM about this being covered in our dues. She said this is no longer the case.

so if is this no longer the case from 11th october. if our dues did cover part of this do we get a refund from dues we have already paid?

Even if there was a savings you would not get the money refunded. Any savings would be reflected in your dues for the following year.

If this is true, there darn well better be a space for me in the self park at BWV when I stay there. There have been times I've gone round and round and just gave up and valet parked.

So...is the information in the "Dis Site Updates" link incorrect? The information there states the following:

Starting 10/11/2009 Valet Parking will now cost $12.00. If your car was parked before the change you will be charged the old price. Valet Parking is free for guests with Disabilities. You must have the proper vehicle permit.

Valet Parking is FREE for the following:

Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members parking at a DVC resort which offers valet parking. Either the DVC Member card or Resort ID indicating that the guest is a DVC Member is required as proof

Disney Dining Experience cardholders with an Advance Dining Reservation at the resort where they are valet parking

All guests who a current handicap license plate/tag

Here's the link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Parking.htm

My point was that people weren't so upset about not having the perk in California but now that it's affecting Florida . . . . it's typical that people don't miss something until it's gone and/or it directly affects them.

Well, I think it's important to discern between one group of "people" and another. Your comment is only relevant if the same poster(s) were involved in both the DL and WDW valet parking discussions.

No matter the topic there will be varying opinions...but I'm not sure I see any comments here from those who were commenting on the DL parking situation.

Any overages billed via annual dues are applied to the reserve fund for future use.

If dues were subsidizing valet parking, that charge should be eliminated in the 2010 budgets. But any remaining monies billed for 2009 will go into the reserve.

As is often the case, it's not so much WHAT was done (taking away free valet parking) but HOW it was done (not even telling people, let alone apologize to the DVC members for the necessity of it) that really agravates me. Very poor customer relations, IMO.

This stinks. We used the perk once and now it's gone. Outsourcing isn't a great answer either. It's about how the contract is written b/c I would think Disney retains quite a bit of oversite on any vendors- so what has been decided is that the vendor wanted to compensate less if the service continued and Disney wanted more return and didn't feel they should negotiate for the perk to continue.

Most likely though it's that members requested it. Shall we start a pool on what the information release is going to say?:rolleyes:

What I'm wondering now is what happens when we travel with my mother who has the handicap tag. She doesn't always go out with us but it's likely that if she's not with us one day or one morning she will be the next.

If this is true, there darn well better be a space for me in the self park at BWV when I stay there. There have been times I've gone round and round and just gave up and valet parked.

No issues if this is not a perk any more ... but ... At GC in Disnelyland they have gated self park for guests so that the DTD visitors can not use those spaces. BWV better start thinking about the same set-up. If I can not find a space due to the Boardwalk guests parking after returning from the park I will be using the Valet and Disney will be refunding that charge. This will be put to the test when I go Thanksgiving week.

Dave

As is often the case, it's not so much WHAT was done (taking away free valet parking) but HOW it was done (not even telling people, let alone apologize to the DVC members for the necessity of it) that really agravates me. Very poor customer relations, IMO.

I am sure we will get a canned statement that says something to the effect that due to member feedback this perk was not being utilized by enough of the membership to warrant the cost of it.

And I agree with DebbieB, especially at the BWV and BCV, they need to enforce the parking situation and stop allowing nonDVC to park there to access parks. Same with BLT.

I am sure we will get a canned statement that says something to the effect that due to member feedback this perk was not being utilized by enough of the membership to warrant the cost of it.

Are you taking bets on that? ;)

Disney may be pretty liberal with their attempts to put a positive spin on things, but I doubt they'll go to that well this time.

Are you taking bets on that? ;)

Disney may be pretty liberal with their attempts to put a positive spin on things, but I doubt they'll go to that well this time.

:rotfl2: more than likely we won't even get an official statement, unless they are flooded with complaints.

As Dean stated I am sure it will be put on the outsourcing.

I'm very upset to see this perk gone. My home resorts are VWL and BWV, both have self parking that is a good distance away. It was nice to have a choice, and we did use valet fairly often. And we tipped well, when dropping off AND picking up.

As one DIS expert said recently:

"We are paying more for less"

This is the new Disney way I am beginning to see.

Usually - the loss of perks isn't overly upsetting to me but this makes me mad for this exact reason. At most resorts - self park is close enough and not full so parking myself isn't a huge deal. BUT at BWV - this is HUGE!!!

I just called and confirmed with BWV that this is the case and valet will cost $12 for DVC members. There will also not be any dedicated spots for those staying at the resort.

I would think this could hurt the valets - after all - I valet everyday of my trip and tip well b/c the service is free and by the end of the week - the valets know us. It is one of the things we LOVE about BWV. But if at the end of the day - we have to drive around hoping we get a spot, then walk to the lobby - then possibly to a room far away from the elevators - the appeal of BWV drops greatly for me!!!

I have never once complained to DVC about anything but they will be hearing from me on this one!

The reality is that it likely isn't worth the cost. It also means that if true, valet parking may go away at certain resorts like Kidani especially and possibly BWV. There probably won't be enough traffic to keep it going in every situation.

There's always parking at the overflow lot and it'll be needed more than ever now unless they close down the valet area entirely or move it across the street.

Usually - the loss of perks isn't overly upsetting to me but this makes me mad for this exact reason. At most resorts - self park is close enough and not full so parking myself isn't a huge deal. BUT at BWV - this is HUGE!!!

I just called and confirmed with BWV that this is the case and valet will cost $12 for DVC members. There will also not be any dedicated spots for those staying at the resort.

I would think this could hurt the valets - after all - I valet everyday of my trip and tip well b/c the service is free and by the end of the week - the valets know us. It is one of the things we LOVE about BWV. But if at the end of the day - we have to drive around hoping we get a spot, then walk to the lobby - then possibly to a room far away from the elevators - the appeal of BWV drops greatly for me!!!

I have never once complained to DVC about anything but they will be hearing from me on this one!
I wonder if this will affect those that insisted on overpaying for the valet tipping, will they still tip in and out plus the $12 a day?

facebook twitter