No more cakes and ale?

devilsgirl538

Mouseketeer
Helllllooooo Disboards! Allow myself to introduce....myself, and the rest of the cast.

I'm Dana, a 25 year old overly ambitious, hard working, dinsey lover from NJ. No DH or children to speak of.
My mom, Andrea, a 50 something wonderful mother of three (DS27, DD25<--me, DS13) and loving wife of (DH 57).
My aunt, Pam, a 40 something devoted mother of three (DD26, DD24, DD9) and grandmother of 1 (DGS 4).
My cousin, Nicole (Pam's DD), a 26 year old super genius and loving daughter & wife.
My cousin, Noelle (Pam's DD), a 9 year old tornado of energy.

We wanted to let you all in on our events leading up to our running of the Inagural Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon!!:cool1:

As I'm 25 with a limited budget, this is the 1st time I'm doing anything Inagural at WDW. :confused3:woohoo::yay:

Plan of attack
Fly to Orlando on Oct 1st.
Run on Oct 2nd
Formal Tea on Oct 3rd
Fly to AC on Oct 4th.

Barracks
Old Key West - DVC (Thanks Pam & Nicole!)

Our Mission
Run the race, don't die, and drink

Let me preface this by saying, I hate running. Yes, the girl who decided it would be a good idea to become a runner, hates running. I think it is the most mundane activity on the planet. But that's before I started to run. I'm nowhere near the level of Forrest Gump or Usain Bolt. I don't run long distances, and am not too fast either. But I do it. I do it because it makes the next time easier. After the last several months of running every 2 to 3 days a week, I would definitely classify myself as a runner above any other type of athlete.

The thing I now like about running is that I can do it anywhere. I dont need special equipment, or a designated location. When I want to go, I go. It's me vs the pavement. I've started to run without an ipod in the recent weeks as she passed away several weeks ago, and I just can't bring myself to get a new one yet. I literally cannot, the money just isn't there. But I have learned to accept the roads, sidewalks, and trails as a new form of therapy. I talk and they just listen. They don't ask questions, they just listen. They don't judge me, what I'm wearing, or how fast I run, they just listen. And everytime I run, they give me the best response.

*I have my own internal debates about me being a dancer. This is the sport that I love. And now I am finally at a point in my life where I could care less how I look when I'm doing it, I just love the feeling I get when I do.

Hi everyone, I'm devilsgirl's mom, Andrea. First off, Dana is not as bad as her screen name might imply. We are New Jersey Devil fans.
Dana and I, along with my sister and her daughter, will be running a relay half marathon. Pam & I will run/walk the first leg of 4.8 miles. The daughters will continue on for the next 8.3 miles. Although very excited at the prospect of participating in my first race, I am a little nervous.

All this running started as a goal through Weight Watchers. After losing 51 pounds I need to keep it off somehow. What better way to celebrate than be in Disney World, run an inaugural race, and be with family.:grouphug:

Throughout this PTR I will add my 2 cents.
Feel free to offer advice.

Devilsgirl (Dana) and I will be attending our very first DISMEET on Sunday, October 3rd at the POLYNESIAN:woohoo:

Too bad they don't serve Lapu Lapus anymore. Who's brilliant idea was that anyway? Is the Tambu Lounge the same place they serve "Backscratchers"?
We need suggestions:drinking1

So we are one month away (insert dramatic music)…and my butt is behind in training for this thing. I’m barely doing 5 miles about 3 days a week. How am I going to finish a little over 8 miles?

Speaking of which, I am going to be quite ripe at the end of this:scared1:, a long with several hundred other fabulous runners. How does one stay or freshen up for the party? I don’t want to look like something the cat dragged in.

My thought would be to stash a change of clothes in a locker just inside the entrance to the International Gateway. We are lucky enough to be traveling with two AP holders who could help us with this. :dance3:

Congrats on taking this challenge on!! The adreneline of race day will pump you up, no doubt!!

I like the idea of stowing a bag in a locker. Throw some baby wipes in there. Easiest way to do a quick post race clean!! Don't worry too much though, everyone else wil be a stinky mess too, you will fit right in!

Congrats on taking this challenge on!! The adreneline of race day will pump you up, no doubt!!

I like the idea of stowing a bag in a locker. Throw some baby wipes in there. Easiest way to do a quick post race clean!! Don't worry too much though, everyone else wil be a stinky mess too, you will fit right in!

Thanks Lori! Will we be seeing you at the race? :thumbsup2

Thanks Lori! Will we be seeing you at the race? :thumbsup2

Sadly no. As much as I would love to, I will be about 8 months pregnant on race day and I prefer not to self-induce labor many many miles from home :rotfl:

It is on my list though. My goal is to hit all the Dis races, ending with the full marathon. I have never done a full before and never really had much desire to but this might be the one to make me wanna do it!:confused3

Sadly no. As much as I would love to, I will be about 8 months pregnant on race day and I prefer not to self-induce labor many many miles from home :rotfl:

It is on my list though. My goal is to hit all the Dis races, ending with the full marathon. I have never done a full before and never really had much desire to but this might be the one to make me wanna do it!:confused3

Congratulations!!!

I've never done anything longer than a 5K, so this will test my desire to do a full :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter