No judgements, what time do the resort bars open?

Happy Artist

Earning My Ears
My family (kids are adults) are coming for a visit in December in the MORNING. We are looking for food, but so much the alcohol. We are looking for awesome resort snacks and plan on doing a monrail and skylinner hopping. Or maybe I need to look at pool bars?

My family (kids are adults) are coming for a visit in December in the MORNING. We are looking for food, but so much the alcohol. We are looking for awesome resort snacks and plan on doing a monrail and skylinner hopping. Or maybe I need to look at pool bars?
I did a quick look at the monorail resorts. Pool bars appear to open at 11:00 am for the most part. Regular lounges/bars in the resorts varied, with most opening around 2:00-3:00 pm.

If you go to the Disney website, select Things To Do, select All Dining, you can then filter the results to show pool bars and lounges you are interested in. Selecting the individual location will give you the hours.

The quick service restaurants are open early. They sell wine, beer and some cocktails. I think bloody Mary's, maybe more.

That should quench your thirst if you arrive before bars, including pool bars, open.

The resort stores sell wine and spirits.

Pool bars open at 11, while the lounges open between 2 and 4.

Tambu at the Poly opens at 8:30am according to the website. :crazy2: Food service starts at 4:00pm.

Varies.
If the bar is known mostly for pastries and coffee may be as early as 6 AM.
The resort has visitors from all over the world and 3 AM here, is 9 AM back home and the guests are up and wide awake.
Sometimes the resorts take that into account with bar hours.

Hearthstone Lounge at DCA Grand Californian use to have very popular early hours but now some genius shifted the schedule to 11 AM opening.
A once fantastic place with awesome fire places and comfortable surroundings now is just another sour Union Shop attitude employee staffed slop chute with Pastries once named Danish Dream that now should be Danish Nightmares.

I think at some resorts, like YC, the CC lounge opens at 4 PM. I think it varies per resort. Just look at the dining section on the MDE and/or website.

Last edited:
Pool bars is a good strategy - though some are behind locked gates that require key card entry. Some 'early' lounge options: Outer Rim at the Contemporary opens at 11 (no food there) and the Steakhouse 71 lounge follows at 12. Geyser Point (Wilderness Lodge) opens at 11 - great food and view (open air and has occasionally closed due to extreme weather). Ale & Compass lounge (Yacht Club) opens at noon (though I don't think food is available until 5pm). I know Topolino's (Riviera) is open for breakfast (prix fixe character meal) and that the bar is open and they sometimes seat walk-ups there. I don't know if you'd be able to go in just for drinks and not get the prix fixe meal (I don't think there is an a la carte option but am not sure) ... there is no character interaction in the bar. I'd try to confirm before trying it. Bar Riva (their pool bar ... but is nicer than the average pool bar) opens at 11. Not sure what day of the week you're looking at but if a weekend and willing to go to Disney Springs, a lot of the spots open at 9 or 10 for brunch. As others have said, a lot of the resort gift shops sell bottles of wine if you wanted to grab a screw top and some paper cups and find somewhere scenic to sit and chat -- for example on the boardwalk, or on the beach at GF or Poly.

I think at some resorts, like YC, the CC lounge opens at 4 PM. I think it varies per resort. Just look at the dining section on the MDE and/or website.
But the Ale & Compass Lounge opens at noon. I've definitely had a few beers there before an afternoon departure to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter