No Flash Pictures Please --- Redux

No flash photography should be established common knowledge among anyone who visits the parks.

Maybe the people who are doing it only speak English or Spanish. They don't give the spiel in other languages...

the last time it happened to us and DBF turned around and told the guy to his flash off they were speaking Spanish. Best part, they started to insult him and while neither of us are very fluent in Spanish he knew enough to get the jist of what they were saying so he turned around again and said "I understand you, stop taking flash photos". LOL They were embarrassed and stopped.....lol

I agree Sherwin.

Pixie, good for you and your DBF for knowing just enough Spanish to know that you were being insulted. I know more than a few words, but am not fluent yet. Hopefully one day, and soon.

I Cartman need this to be on page one again ............. Merci. I am actually learning French too. I am sure that the French speaking people will just love me......... yeah to death, you @#@#, hey who snuck in and wrote that you @#@#!

things what annoy me in disney (extremely hard to do)

1. taking flash photos or video on a ride - i let them do it once, get warned by the ride, and if they do it again, i often say RUDE in a moderately loud tone (not yelling, and quickly so as not to interrupt things anymore, sometimes i wait till after the ride.) one time on the HM i actually said NO FLASH PICTURES instead because they did it like 5 times and they were in the buggie right next to us. the ballroom scene is no place for a flash, much less 2

2. people who talk on their cell phones ON rides - last time i rode PotC with my brother, the man in the bench in front of us answered his phone and ACTUALLY planned his lunch until the end of the ride. when we got off i made a comment about how rude it was to my brother, *** he was standing next to us

i am a naturally passive person, but sometimes things just get my goat....i am never confrontational though....just visibly annoyed and often say something snide to whoeever i am with, to vent it

Thank you for sharing! And welcome! :)

Good Grief, the guest was planning his entire lunch on the cell phone during the ride! That is rude. Next time, he should send a text!
I cannot get over as well, how no sooner the park opens, and you are one of very few people on pirates, then flash.... no not that kind. he he ;) the picture kind. One would think that at a time such as then, the odds would be in your favor, to not have to deal with flash pictures, and anything else annoying, and that goes against policy.

It is good not to be confrontational. Because one never knows the other person's reaction. For myself, I normally do confront the annoying person. I will turn around on the boat, and look right at the offender, and in a reasonably nice tone, say No flash pictures please, it's the policy. Only once, it became a bit unpleasant on pirates, because of the numnuts that were behind me, if it was not their flash camera, it was the wife's mouth, toward me.

things what annoy me in disney (extremely hard to do)

2. people who talk on their cell phones ON rides - last time i rode PotC with my brother, the man in the bench in front of us answered his phone and ACTUALLY planned his lunch until the end of the ride. when we got off i made a comment about how rude it was to my brother, *** he was standing next to us
Speaking of people on cell phones, we had an incident in the Tiki Room while we were there. The CM was trying to start the show but there was a woman parked in the exit on her cell phone and so he couldn't close the doors to start the show. The CM went over to her to ask her to move and she held up her hand to him and told him to go away. Everyone in the room was pretty shocked about it. Actually, we were all fed up with it so on a count of three everyone yelled out to turn off her phone and so what did she do? She came into the room and stayed on her cell phone. It was ridiculous, and annoying as hell.

OMG! That is just outlandish behaviour on her part! She obviously is not a particularly polite person, nor very mature either. After the CM asked her to please move, and after everyone in the audience told her what to do, and she still cannot follow the rules, is when security should have been called in, and then they could have spoken with her, outside. Which is where she should have been to begin with while she was on her phone. Now if that call was a matter of life and death, I can see the importance of taking the call. However, this incident does not sound like it was in that category. For if it had been, she would have gone outside to begin with.
What a disruptive and rather disturbing incident for everyone, including Jose and all of his songster friends. I sure am sorry that you had to be there when it happend.
Again, security really should have been called in!

Taking this in another direction...last year at AK I got blamed for someone else's use of flash!:headache:

We were at the Nemo show, sitting just beside the part of the stage that projects out. I had my camera set to "no flash".

I noticed that there was a constant stream of flashes from behind my right shoulder. Not thinking anything of it, I went on enjoying the show.

About 10 minutes into the show a CM came and tapped me on the shoulder and loudly told me to turn my flash off. I tried to explain that it wasn't me, even tried to show her my camera, which had the "no flash" sign showing on the screen, but she wouldn't look at it, gave me a dirty look, and walked away.

I was mad and embarrassed! We were having a lousy day anyway (other than Tusker House's character breakfast there isn't anything that would make our "top 100" list of things to do at WDW), and that just added to it!

That is just so unfair! Nothing worse than being accused of something that you really are not guilty of. In the meantime, the rude one's behind you, get away with murder.
I sure am sorry, for not only that happening, but that it added to your already not so magical day. :(
:flower3: Hopefully the rest of your vacation was wonderful! :)

Taking this in another direction...last year at AK I got blamed for someone else's use of flash!:headache:

We were at the Nemo show, sitting just beside the part of the stage that projects out. I had my camera set to "no flash".

I noticed that there was a constant stream of flashes from behind my right shoulder. Not thinking anything of it, I went on enjoying the show.

About 10 minutes into the show a CM came and tapped me on the shoulder and loudly told me to turn my flash off. I tried to explain that it wasn't me, even tried to show her my camera, which had the "no flash" sign showing on the screen, but she wouldn't look at it, gave me a dirty look, and walked away.

I was mad and embarrassed! We were having a lousy day anyway (other than Tusker House's character breakfast there isn't anything that would make our "top 100" list of things to do at WDW), and that just added to it!

OMG!!! I can so see myself standing up and saying quite loudly to that CM, "excuse me, but it is not ME using the flash, it is someone BACK HERE BEHIND ME, as you can CLEARLY see I absolutely do NOT have flash on" and sitting back down. LOL I'm normally not very confrontational either but man, that would have ticked me off....of course we would have already established it wasn't me because at that point I'd have had my face buried in DBF desperately trying to avoid a migraine. LOL

Ah it is that time of season again, flowers in full bloom, the birds are making their nests, allergies, and the flash of prohibited picture taking on the Pirates and the HM!

I just got back from a Disneyland trip and every time except for once, someone took flash photography on the POTC ride. It was annoying but I was too shy to say anything. I don't remember that happening as much last year. I also had lunch at the Blue Bayou and I was surprised that flash photography is allowed there.

Oh and this is a little off topic but still in the "ruining it for others".. the first time I went on Haunted Mansion, I guess someone got up/out of their doom buggy.. We had to sit there while the intercom kept rotating a recorded message about getting in/staying in so the ride can continue and a CM saying something similar. I don't understand why people who do things like that don't see how it affects everyone else!

I don't understand why people who do things like that don't see how it affects everyone else!

..... because either they do not think it is a problem, or they just do not care. Another possibility is that one might not even think about it to begin with, they just see something whose image they would like to capture, and then "flash". Or they are doing something else stupid, like standing up, when they need to remain seated, on the ride.

Welcome back! :) I am sorry that so many people had to be so inconsiderate. It is truly annoying, and can really get on one's last nerve!

DH and I were there last week and the CMs on POTC were really vocal about flash photography. They would often come on loudspeaker and remind riders to not use their flash. As a result, all the POTC voyages we went on were without most of the usual blinding flashes. **yay!!!**

Thank goodness! I am glad to hear that the CM's are really focusing on cracking down on Flash photography.

Is this a new rule or just recently being enforced? We have lots of photos of POTC from visits over last 2 yrs but heard the warning for the 1st time last week (we weren't the offenders lol!)
So we'll be good from now on ;)

Is this a new rule or just recently being enforced? We have lots of photos of POTC from visits over last 2 yrs but heard the warning for the 1st time last week (we weren't the offenders lol!)
So we'll be good from now on ;)

Definitely NOT a new rule, one that needs to be enforced IMO. I've decided that what they should do with these offenders is to simply let the ride continue thru, remove the offenders from the ride and let everyone else ride it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter