NO Flash Photography!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The flash photographers on Soarin' are lucky they're nowhere near me 'cause I'd find a way to "Oopsie, I knocked your camera out of your hand and now it's shattered down there on the ground. Can't help it, I have a rare form of Tourettes with a tic that only comes out around extreme rudeness."
Seriously, I'd see "flashers" on the WDW Soarin' and a CM has come on and told them to stop, and they actually did.

Had one a the DCA Soarin' right next to hubby, who must have been in La La Land 'cause he still hadn't said anything after the third flash, which was only maybe a frickin' minute into the movie. Finally I said, "If you don't get that guy to knock it off, I'm gonna slip out of my seatbelt, climb over you, and do it myself!" (I had already shot off some choice epitaths but the guy couldn't hear me over the soundtrack). Needless to say, hubby put a stop to it 'cause he knew I probably would carry out my threat! DO NOT mess with my enjoyment of my favorite ride.

So you're saying that annoyance is justification for destruction of property? I don't think so. It annoys me, too, when flashes go off at innappropriate times, but NONE of these people are TRYING to annoy you, they are caught up in the moment. I always just tap them on the shoulder and kindly tell them that the flash is blinding me, and they stop. EVERY TIME!! I'm sure everyone has done something to annoy someone at Disney, and just didn't realize it!

just hafta say this...what is the point: why take pictures anyway, with or without flash? The rides are moving, for gosh sakes and unless you are a real photog pro with exceptionally expensive equipment, the pictures will be lousy anyway.

And really, why not just enjoy the ride! You're paying to have fun, not to take pictures of what you could have had fun watching. This reminds me of all the people who carefully videotape every second of their childs' lives, instead of actually living the life with the kids (all those carefully camera-scripted moments instead of real-time, real-life. Doh!) ...and who ever watches all those videos or looks at all those grainy, blurry, dark and/or over-bright flash pictures? Life is short, why not actually experience it without a viewfinder in front of your face?

(I know, flame on. Sacrilege to suggest we shouldn't document every second of our lives with photos...)

just hafta say this...what is the point: why take pictures anyway, with or without flash? The rides are moving, for gosh sakes and unless you are a real photog pro with exceptionally expensive equipment, the pictures will be lousy anyway.

And really, why not just enjoy the ride! You're paying to have fun, not to take pictures of what you could have had fun watching. This reminds me of all the people who carefully videotape every second of their childs' lives, instead of actually living the life with the kids (all those carefully camera-scripted moments instead of real-time, real-life. Doh!) ...and who ever watches all those videos or looks at all those grainy, blurry, dark and/or over-bright flash pictures? Life is short, why not actually experience it without a viewfinder in front of your face?

(I know, flame on. Sacrilege to suggest we shouldn't document every second of our lives with photos...)

I wish there was a clapping smiley! I agree!

I'm confused. If someone flashes me and I take a photograph of them, which one of us has violated the policy?
Neither of you! What you did is photography, what they did is flash. So neither one of you did any flash photography!

Hope this helps!

Flash for fireworks? It won't help. Really, it won't. Don't try. Please. I'm doing a 4 second exposure over here and your flash going off twice in the middle of it just wiped out my picture. :eek:

Really? I use the flash on my $200 Walmart digital camera to take pictures of fireworks and 99% of my firework photos come out great. I didn't realize that annoyed people. Oh well, I plan on taking more photos of fireworks on my next trip with the same camera. I,on the otherhand, do not take pictures during dark rides.

I'm confused. If someone flashes me and I take a photograph of them, which one of us has violated the policy?

Now that just depends on whether you took a picture of them with your camera flash on or off. Also, by taking time to take a picture, you are not fully enjoying the attraction. And, another thing, because they may be moving while flashing, your picture may not turn out well anyhow.

Neither of you! What you did is photography, what they did is flash. So neither one of you did any flash photography! Hope this helps!

Ah, I get it now.

Flashing = :thumbsup2

Photography = :thumbsup2

Flashing + Photography = :sad2:

I can live with that. Thanks so much for clarifying.

Also, by taking time to take a picture, you are not fully enjoying the attraction.

You make an excellent point. From now on, I'll just try to enjoy the show. :3dglasses

I know Splash Mountain has a no flash policy which is violated frequently. I really didn't think you could flash on IASW, it's a kid's ride!

LOL!!!!

So I have a question for any disney shutterbugs who had a DSLR. HOW do you gte good photos, in the dark, without flash?

i say get over it. people will do what they want regardless of what is asked/required (see most of the other threads on this board) if the ride is "ruined" - get in line again.

Not only is the flash photography annoying, but the bright screens from the video/cameras are annoying in any dark ride. Wished I had a water balloon the last time we rode Nemo...might stock up on them next trip.

Wanted to agree with you, and highlight what you said, since this is something I think people are not aware of. They have no concept that everyone else behind them has to look over their lit-up screen to see whatever is of interest (parades, rides, etc). Some cameras do still have a viewfinder, so that could be used instead of the screen in these situations.

i say get over it. people will do what they want regardless of what is asked/required (see most of the other threads on this board) if the ride is "ruined" - get in line again.

why should I get in line again when they're the ones violating the rules?

We've taken to saying "No Flash Pictures" when people start flashing. It usually works.

This last trip we sat behind a woman and her two kids while riding POC. She took a flash photo of Davy Jones(!?!?!?) and my wife and I both said "no flash pictures" just as one of her kids also said "no flash pictures". In a small voice she say "ok" and put her camera away. It was priceless!

LOL!!!!

So I have a question for any disney shutterbugs who had a DSLR. HOW do you gte good photos, in the dark, without flash?

using a fast lens (large lens opening) and a high ISO. I have gotten some great photos of IASW using my canon 30D a 50mm f/1/8 lens and I think my ISO was set somewhere around 800ish.

and for the comment about taking photos of fireworks with flash - they will turn out MUCH better without flash.

no flash on fireworks......equals success!

DSC_2282.jpg

So you're saying that annoyance is justification for destruction of property? I don't think so. It annoys me, too, when flashes go off at innappropriate times, but NONE of these people are TRYING to annoy you, they are caught up in the moment. I always just tap them on the shoulder and kindly tell them that the flash is blinding me, and they stop. EVERY TIME!! I'm sure everyone has done something to annoy someone at Disney, and just didn't realize it!
Hey, it's a disability...a debilitating allergy to flash bulbs...I can't help it if rude flashers send me into a seizure and my limbs flail wildly and just so happen to send their cameras flying.

You must have a cloud of pixie dust floating around you and intoxicating all the flashers you meet; I gave up being nice (not be be confused with politely...even if I'm telling you where to cram your camera, I'll do it with a smile on my face) when Mrs. Entitlement on the cruise ship flipped off into a frenzy of how rude I was when I very nicely pointed she must have missed the announcement forbidding flash photography. Taught me that you can't teach a pig to sing and you're wasting your time trying.

Not only is the flash photography annoying, but the bright screens from the video/cameras are annoying in any dark ride. Wished I had a water balloon the last time we rode Nemo...might stock up on them next trip.

I read somewhere (maybe here :confused3 ?) about the "Stitch" method. The way it was explained was you take a small spray bottle filled with water (other fluids were suggested LOL) and when the "flasher" refuses to comply with your polite request to stop using the flash you spray them (Lilo sprays Stitch to get him to stop a behavior) with the water. "Oops water on your camera is a bad thing? It can't be, I didn't hear the annoucement" :lmao:

Note: I do not suggest using this method, although it is amusing to daydream about it while the fool next to you takes flash after flash photo. :angel:

If you're sitting near a rude "flasher," just turn to your DH/DW and say in a loud voice, "Honey, make sure you turn off the flash on the camera before you take a picture. The flashing ruins the ride for everyone else and the pictures won't come out well anyay."

And most of those using the flash don't know that a flash is usually only good for about 8-10 feet. If your subject is farther away than that, your flash won't reach to light it up. There are a few flashes that are good for farther than that, but if you've got one of those, you know how not to use it.

Flash for fireworks? It won't help. Really, it won't. Don't try. Please. I'm doing a 4 second exposure over here and your flash going off twice in the middle of it just wiped out my picture. :eek:

I always use a flash for firework pictures and they come out great...I'll try next trip without the flash and see how the picture turns out.

As for people using flash on the rides i don't mind..I don't let people get to me or nother me...they are just trying to have a good time like me and honestly it doesn't ruin the ride for me. The only time I took a pic in POTC was when it was extra evening magic hours and my husband and I were the only ones in the boat so I took a picture of us on the ride in our in boat.

I won't take pictures if there are people around and I don't take pictures on the dark rides anyway because they come out bad. video cameras don't bother me either.

OK, so I understand the no flash photography on dark rides...completely understand the flashing could ruin the effect and experience, but the small screens on video cameras, c'mon, seriously? :worried: Not because it isn't allowed by DISNEY (you know, the ones in charge) but because it 'distracts' or is a personal annoyance? Tough dog doodie. :rolleyes1

Generally speaking, I'm beginning to think it would be better to list the things you CAN do on a ride or while in the World--I think the list would be much shorter as it seems there is always going to be someone somewhere who can find fault with just about anything you do, Disney approved or not.

...no pictures, no videos, no children that dare make a noise, no talking, don't sit in front of me if you're tall, you smell bad, you shouldn't use a stroller/wheelchair/ECV, you inhaled too deeply causing the whole ride vehicle to shift and ruin my whole experience...

Generally speaking, to hear the way some people describe it, I don't think they would be happy unless they were the ONLY ones in the park. :duck: Honestly, I don't know how people these days are able to leave the house without having a nervous breakdown and assuming the fetal position. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter