NO DIS Unplugged Show Today | 11/15/22

Thanks for letting us know - a great shame after the bad news for employees/cast members this week from Disney.

That’s too bad, there is a ton of news to cover. Next week should be two hours! From Crapek, layoffs, price hikes, etc..

We're sorry to say that there will be no Walt Disney World podcast this week - hopefully, we'll see you all next week!
Thanx for letting us all know, appreciate it. Hope all are OK. Been thinking/wondering how Kylie's doing with the incoming arrival, maybe this means he' or she is here? :)

Ryno's a trooper - he's still doing a solo Patreon after show! :)

How do you have an after show if you don't have the show? Isn't that just a different, but later, show?
That is the point. Podcast is not producing revenue, Patreon(After show) is direct revenue. That's why i think podcast is going to fade away.

That is the point. Podcast is not producing revenue, Patreon(After show) is direct revenue. That's why i think podcast is going to fade away.
But Patreon comes from regular podcasts, without the regular content people will either stop their patreon subscription or fewer and fewer will join, losing that revenue. Also, the more regular content means more viewers and more revenue, so to stop the regular podcasts would be a bad move in my opinion. I feel that maybe the DIS channels should be reviewed and added to just 1 channel - slimline the service but fill it with content.

But Patreon comes from regular podcasts, without the regular content people will either stop their patreon subscription or fewer and fewer will join, losing that revenue. Also, the more regular content means more viewers and more revenue, so to stop the regular podcasts would be a bad move in my opinion. I feel that maybe the DIS channels should be reviewed and added to just 1 channel - slimline the service but fill it with content.
If so, regular podcast will be super short digest version, and almost marketing show to lead people into patreon. If I am the content creator, I will do same. I don't want to spend too much effort to less profit products. I am not even sure what is their main resource of revenue, travel agency, sponsor, contents management. But one time Pete mentioned in show, "as we are contents creator", I am assuming that these contents on web has been big chunk of revenue for them overall. If so, it is natural to put effort more in effective platform. I am not patreon subscriber, and not planning to do it so I am not checking the frequency of contents update but if we start seeing more frequency to update patreon than free platform, like youtube, podcast, it tells us their focus is on paid subscription service. Nothing wrong about it

If so, regular podcast will be super short digest version, and almost marketing show to lead people into patreon. If I am the content creator, I will do same. I don't want to spend too much effort to less profit products. I am not even sure what is their main resource of revenue, travel agency, sponsor, contents management. But one time Pete mentioned in show, "as we are contents creator", I am assuming that these contents on web has been big chunk of revenue for them overall. If so, it is natural to put effort more in effective platform. I am not patreon subscriber, and not planning to do it so I am not checking the frequency of contents update but if we start seeing more frequency to update patreon than free platform, like youtube, podcast, it tells us their focus is on paid subscription service. Nothing wrong about it
Oh absolutely nothing wrong about it at all.

But to have people subscribe to any Patreon service you need free content to drive it. If any channel was solely Patreon any possible new subscribers would need to know what kind of content was available otherwise why would they pay money for content they were not aware of.

It's catch 22 really, you need the free content in order to get more money from patreons.

We only watch DisUnplugged for the news and debate, the other channels and content are excellent but we love the live news shows so stick to that - and Off The Rails when they were doing it. We do though book through Dreams Unlimited Travel whenever we get the chance to come over from the UK.

Also, for the DIS get-togethers and charity appeals/auctions, free content is imperative in order to get more people involved and raise as much money as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!