No Crocs allowed at pre-school!!!!

Mouse House Mama

Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
I went to orientation last night and they said that Crocs were not allowed. They said the kids ahve a hrd time on the playground with them and they get rocks in them. Of course I just ordered a pair for my DD from WDW.:rolleyes: Oh well, she'll wear them on non school days.

We aren't allowed to wear them at school also. Believe me as soon as my daughter gets home the crocs go on!

The big thing at my DS's kindergarten is you MUST wear socks. DS loves his Crocs, but can't stand them with socks on...so no Crocs at school for him, either.

No Crocs allowed at the schools here either - but then, I wouldn't allow my kids to wear them to school.

We will be in trouble if that is the case this year. They are all my 3 year old will wear (and has been for a while.) I think just like the peanut butter issues, if she has to we will adjust.

We live in MI and it gets cold here, still all she wants is crocs. I buy her other shoes. :headache: :rolleyes1 She is getting better and will wear them for short amounts of time.

We can wear them to school but I don't let her. Though she wears them everyday at home. She absolutely loves them.

I don't let her wear them to school because they are so slippery. Maybe it's just my shoes but if anyone even spits on the ground I'll go sailing. When it's wet I get no traction at all in my shoes, it's like I am on ice. So, I felt better sending her in sneakers for the playground.

I have to laugh about the getting rocks in them comment. It is so true! If we go to the zoo, park, or anywhere outside DD is constantly stopping because there is something in her crocs. I myself have found many interesting things in my crocs like rabbit poop and cigarette buds. That is just from walking around. Things somehow just flip themselves up into my shoes. Isn't that gross!?

We can wear them to school but I don't let her. Though she wears them everyday at home. She absolutely loves them.

I don't let her wear them to school because they are so slippery. Maybe it's just my shoes but if anyone even spits on the ground I'll go sailing. When it's wet I get no traction at all in my shoes, it's like I am on ice. So, I felt better sending her in sneakers for the playground.

I have to laugh about the getting rocks in them comment. It is so true! If we go to the zoo, park, or anywhere outside DD is constantly stopping because there is something in her crocs. I myself have found many interesting things in my crocs like rabbit poop and cigarette buds. That is just from walking around. Things somehow just flip themselves up into my shoes. Isn't that gross!?

Where is the tag fairy?!!!!:lmao:

They're banned at my DS's preschool as well. They're also not allowed to wear any open-toed shoes. So, it's tennis shoes or Merrells every day for my DS.

DD woudl go insane if she couldn't wear her Crocs! They has tried putting socks ion the child but she prefers them without, and they just let her wear them anyways. SHe is so addicted to them that she'll wear her shoes to school during the winter as we get snow her, but I will bring he Crocs with me for classroom wear.

I'm a pre-school teacher and our school policy is no sandals, crocs, mulls, slides, any kind of shoe that does close the foot.

We really, really stress sneakers. Ocassionally we'll have some girls in dressy mary janes, but it really is for the safetly of the kids.

At our school they can wear the crocs with the strap on the back but not with out it. We too really stress tennis shoes. our playground is pea gravel and it is not fun to get in shoes.

They are the worse thing for collecting rocks. I think its because of the bathtub shape. Other shoes you just shake your foot and its gone.

We had a No Crocs rule for Preschool last year too...on "special" days my DD would wear her MJ crocs with a dress or skirt and would be SOOO happy.
Oh and i LMAO when i read #1 Pocahontas thread...Tag Fairy Definitely needs to get that one!!!

just a heads up! Check the crocs website. They have the new fall styles available now. Just got mine in. For my 6yr old I got the closed lace-up army ones. The name is Axel- I also ordered some for me:cool1: I got the mammoth in black and the trioka in chocolate brown. Love the black dont like the brown. As for my son he gives his a :thumbsup2 now he can wear his crocs to school and I bet not very many other children will have them.

I understand why they dont want crocs at school. When they run they can come off. and the whole rocks in the shoe.

www.crocs.com

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!