NJ Supreme Court: Gays have same rights as Heterosexuals

Oh, goody, the old Catholic vs. Protestant debate about faith vs. works.

I still don't see why all this matters in regards to the legal definition of marriage.

...Oh wait, it doesn't.

Carry on. :wave2:

LuvDuke said:
Another gospel truth (no pun intended) from Bush's base.

I have some friends who despise Bush and most other Republicans (politically) and would tell you the same thing as Joe re: the Gospel.

JoeEpcotRocks said:
Another choice we must all make.

Psychologically, sexuality is not a choice we can make.

Physiology is something, however, that we can engineer to a point and opens the door to a whole other debate - does a physical sex change change your sex in the eyes of God?

Rich::

jimmiej said:
I have some friends who despise Bush and most other Republicans (politically) and would tell you the same thing as Joe re: the Gospel.

That's fine, but the fact is, people like Joe are Bush's base.

salmoneous said:
So why treat one group of "sinner" - gays - different from other groups such as straight Buddhists?

Note - do you have any idea how bad it looks to write a sentence telling people they are going to hell, and end it with the "sunny" icon? "You people are going to hell - YEAH!"

There's something "Sybil" about it. ;)

RickinNYC said:
Well, personally I don't believe that just because someone has accepted Christ immediately gives him/her entrance to the pearly gates. I think how one lives while one is on earth, particularly how one treats others, is what makes that determining factor.

But that's all I have to say to you sweetie. Have fun holding judgement!

BRAVO! I agree whole heartedly. I refuse to believe that if you go on a mass murder rampage but still believe in God/Jesus that you will go to heaven anyway. It doesn't make sense to me in the least.

hidmickey:myantidrug said:
BRAVO! I agree whole heartedly. I refuse to believe that if you go on a mass murder rampage but still believe in God/Jesus that you will go to heaven anyway. It doesn't make sense to me in the least.

What you describe IS NOT Christianity. The book of James covers this subject quite well.

jimmiej said:
What you describe IS NOT Christianity. The book of James covers this subject quite well.

Well, that is my version of Christianity. Perhaps not the best, because I do see serious problems with aspects of it; there was a whole other thread about this. Belive what you will but I am still a Christian. Believe it or not but not all Christians share the same beliefs, as contradictory as it may seem. Hence, we get secs.

Laura said:
Oh, goody, the old Catholic vs. Protestant debate about faith vs. works.

I still don't see why all this matters in regards to the legal definition of marriage.

...Oh wait, it doesn't.

Carry on. :wave2:
:rolleyes:

JoeEpcotRocks said:
We all sin, but no one goes to hell unless they refuse to accept what Jesus did on the cross. :sunny: Another choice we must all make.

Back to you -- big guy.

Feeling a bit passive aggressive, are we?

jimmiej said:
James 2:24 "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

We could get into a whole discussion here on works vs faith. But the more important point is that Christians believe different things. Please don't go kicking everyone out of "Christianity" who doesn't believe the exact same thing you do. I find it sad to see believers pointing at other believers and telling them they aren't "real Christians" based on doctrinal disputes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter