Nighttime Parade

I was just reading that they destroyed many of the Spectromagic floats in 2010. Why would they destroy floats from a beloved parade? Safety issues? Storage issues? Technology issues? Seems so sad. Just think of the crowds MK would attract if they were to bring back an old parade from people's childhoods.

Fragile floats + Florida humidity and rain + improper protection = decaying floats

If they intended to bring it back at some point they didn't do enough to preserve the floats. So they basically had no choice but to destroy them because they were corroded beyond saving. Oh, and I think it was around 2013 that they actually destroyed them if I recall correctly.

Fragile floats + Florida humidity and rain + improper protection = decaying floats

If they intended to bring it back at some point they didn't do enough to preserve the floats. So they basically had no choice but to destroy them because they were corroded beyond saving. Oh, and I think it was around 2013 that they actually destroyed them if I recall correctly.

So very sad....I would LOVE to see Spectromagic again! ELP has never worked for us. We are die hard Spectromagic fans.

So very sad....I would LOVE to see Spectromagic again! ELP has never worked for us. We are die hard Spectromagic fans.

Spectro is long gone. When MSEP came back to FL in June of 2010 most of the usable "mechanicals / electricals" from Spectro were used as spares or upgrades for MSEP and by late winter of 2010 and early 2011 all of the Spectro floats were gone and only some of the bare chassis remained.

I was just reading that they destroyed many of the Spectromagic floats in 2010. Why would they destroy floats from a beloved parade? Safety issues? Storage issues? Technology issues? Seems so sad. Just think of the crowds MK would attract if they were to bring back an old parade from people's childhoods.
You mean like the Main Street Electrical Parade? You have to be more specific on who's childhood you're referring to.

Loved both parades electric light for my own childhood and the Spectro for my children's childhood. Was searching for a nighttime parade at MK. My youngest does not remember the spectro. However the ROL at AK looks memorable

It's amazing how much people cry for fireworks and parades...
...it's the human equivalent to giving a kitten a ball of yarn.

Cupcakes, anyone? :duck:

Of course. People yearn for the things that bring back the strongest and best memories- and those are the things that evoke the most emotions. Parades and fireworks, with their music and lights and color and excitement are naturally going to evoke emotion for most people, moreso than, say, cupcakes.

A Disney without fireworks and parades is like a story without a climax. We need that big ending.

Some of my best and most vivid Disney memories are from the parades and fireworks. One of my best memories from my daughter's first trip (she was 2 1/2) was watching her watch the Spectromagic parade- her eyes were glowing with wonder. I'd love to be able to go back and watch that specific parade with her again now that she is older. Kind of sad that it won't happen (unless they rebuild those destroyed floats).

When Happily Ever After is done and gone, I will miss it. It would be great if Disney could archive all of this stuff and bring it back from time to time.

Ten years from now, I'd love to go back and watch Wishes again. Or MSEP. I have a lot of good memories from watching them with my girls. It would be about as close to going back in time as I could ever get.

It would be great if Disney could archive all of this stuff and bring it back from time to time.

Ten years from now, I'd love to go back and watch Wishes again. Or MSEP. I have a lot of good memories from watching them with my girls. It would be about as close to going back in time as I could ever get.

With the fireworks, they could easily do this, and I don't know why they don't. Doesn't Disneyland do this? I would think people would make special trips to come see limited time showing of retired fireworks shows. I would definitely make a special trip to see Disneyland Forever or Wishes again.

Sorry guys, but I still firmly believe there will never be a night time parade at MK again.

Its gone. Its done. Time to get used to the idea.

When Fantillusion ended at Paris, people assumed a new one was coming. That was 2012. Its never going to happen.

When AK parade ended people assume it was maybe because of Avatarland/RoL. It would be back right? probably not.

DHS - again, its just whilst the park changes are going on right?.....

Epcot.............

Parades are a thing of the past for Disney parks except perhaps the daytime parade in MK will survive. All the others just cost too much money in CM's.

Of course. People yearn for the things that bring back the strongest and best memories- and those are the things that evoke the most emotions. Parades and fireworks, with their music and lights and color and excitement are naturally going to evoke emotion for most people, moreso than, say, cupcakes.

A Disney without fireworks and parades is like a story without a climax. We need that big ending.

Some of my best and most vivid Disney memories are from the parades and fireworks. One of my best memories from my daughter's first trip (she was 2 1/2) was watching her watch the Spectromagic parade- her eyes were glowing with wonder. I'd love to be able to go back and watch that specific parade with her again now that she is older. Kind of sad that it won't happen (unless they rebuild those destroyed floats).

When Happily Ever After is done and gone, I will miss it. It would be great if Disney could archive all of this stuff and bring it back from time to time.

It's literally mind over matter.

As a 10 minute show will drive people to not consider what they pay for fees on tickets meant for 12-15 hours per day...

We've seen this happen in largely stagnant parks for years...

Nothing is gonna change...just pointing out the irony in it.

Sorry guys, but I still firmly believe there will never be a night time parade at MK again.

Its gone. Its done. Time to get used to the idea.

When Fantillusion ended at Paris, people assumed a new one was coming. That was 2012. Its never going to happen.

When AK parade ended people assume it was maybe because of Avatarland/RoL. It would be back right? probably not.

DHS - again, its just whilst the park changes are going on right?.....

Epcot.............

Parades are a thing of the past for Disney parks except perhaps the daytime parade in MK will survive. All the others just cost too much money in CM's.

This is what it always come back to...and will from now on. Limiting labor is their only way to control the revenues in parks to the level they'll want now that cable tv is in decline.

Does anyone know any more about the return of the MSEP to the Magic Kingdom - Just seen this youtube video, but can't find any more info on it? Is it true, just rumour or someone messing around?

Not another channel who says things are confirmed when they are not (!?!) haha. This is most certainly not confirmed, and is just a rumor. I personally can't see this happening at all, but we'll soon find out!

Not at all. I figure the parades and fireworks when evaluating the VFM of the ticket price. It's entertainment.

Perhaps if you're only seeing the POV of people who do Disney once or twice a year, but for an infrequent visitor, that stuff is a decent value add.

Not at all. I figure the parades and fireworks when evaluating the VFM of the ticket price. It's entertainment.

Perhaps if you're only seeing the POV of people who do Disney once or twice a year, but for an infrequent visitor, that stuff is a decent value add.

No doubt...one timers definitely would have different perspective...

But they really shouldn't be "catered too"

Which well runs dry occasionally?

And did you mean FMV?

I don't really care what it is, I just want a night parade in MK.

I'm definitely with you. I was doing a fall CP at MK when the MSEP was shipped to California, and guests were not happy. Whenever I worked on Main Street, I was constantly asked when the nighttime parade was starting, and most guests flat out didn't believe me when I told them there wasn't one. It still seems strange to me that WDW would ship its only parade to Disneyland (especially when Disneyland already had Paint the Night, which guests seem to adore) without any immediate plans for a replacement.

It's probably true that MSEP will fully retire and we won't see a new nighttime parade at MK until the 50th, but as someone who looks forward to parades and fireworks at MK possibly more than anything else (and was really hit hard by Wishes' retirement), that's discouraging. Although I will say...it is weird that TPTB have yet to say anything about MSEP since it finished at Disneyland...especially when you factor in that little "short" Chapek showed at D23 about old Disney shows/parades/etc. coming back that featured floats from the MSEP.

I hope a night time parade comes back to MK but I'm not holding my breath. I am actually shocked that Disney still does fireworks for 2 reasons.
1. The sheer cost. I can only imagine how much cheaper a projection show is vs fireworks.
2. Disney being a liberal entity and the whole carbon footprint/global warming thing. From Bonnet Creek you can't see DHS after Star Wars fireworks ends. The whole park is engulfed in a cloud of smoke.

I hope a night time parade comes back to MK but I'm not holding my breath. I am actually shocked that Disney still does fireworks for 2 reasons.
1. The sheer cost. I can only imagine how much cheaper a projection show is vs fireworks.
2. Disney being a liberal entity and the whole carbon footprint/global warming thing. From Bonnet Creek you can't see DHS after Star Wars fireworks ends. The whole park is engulfed in a cloud of smoke.

The cost is the big thing...my theory is that they continue because the fireworks provide a unique offering compared to the competition.

But they're already moving away...it's not random that they are doing projections

The cost is the big thing...my theory is that they continue because the fireworks provide a unique offering compared to the competition.

But they're already moving away...it's not random that they are doing projections

It is one of the 1st things that pops in my mind when I think of Disney. Even when you start a Disney movie you get the castle with fireworks. It is iconic. But....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter