Nightly Shows After Covid?

I think we are almost 100% most likely to see cruises first return without live shows. Just like the parks Disney will want the ships cruising again ASAP. And they will certainly return before things like live stage shows are considered “safe” again. That begin said I’m guessing they will be one of the last things to return to the cruises. Perhaps they’ll be some reduced experiences like we see in the parks. Just like the parks get ready for a lot of “I’m not cruising again until X comes back threads!” when restrictions are finally announced.
I think too many would be upset with that plan. I see a selection of solo artists (singing Disney songs in full costume, juggling, acting should be a few, Magic, joke telling) would be in order and can give plenty of social distance for the performers.

Oh I know let’s get Jeff Dunham he’s a solo act! I know it’s not gonna happen but a girl can dream.

I think too many would be upset with that plan. I see a selection of solo artists (singing Disney songs in full costume, juggling, acting should be a few, Magic, joke telling) would be in order and can give plenty of social distance for the performers.

Oh I know let’s get Jeff Dunham he’s a solo act! I know it’s not gonna happen but a girl can dream.
I don't think it's the social distancing for performers that may limit live shows, it's the social distancing of the audience members.

I would ask if there are any special features to the Toronto practice space.

Timing on dry land and a stable stage can vary to choppy seas in the WDT.
Someone smarter than me on another thread already pointed out that the performers can practice on the ships for the required 6 weeks to prepare for live stage shows. Usually they do this in Toronto on identical stages on land (because the ships are in constant use).

I don't think it's the social distancing for performers that may limit live shows, it's the social distancing of the audience members.
I don’t see why the theater should be a problem if they can create social distancing in a MDR without a mask why can’t they create that type of distance in the theater with a mask and possibly offer three shows instead of two?

That is not that difficult. They can rope off rows and seats. Have each audience member space out accordingly and maybe run 2+ shows if needed.

So I'm adding my two pennies worth just because I recently got back from Warner holiday. Yes I know its not a cruise and for people who aren't aware of what it is its basically an adult only holiday camp but they do evening shows which kind of resemble the "music" style shows Disney does. They did do socially distanced versions of their shows which actually worked quite well and were enjoyable. Granted there were only the 6 main singers and 3 band members with the band wearing masks and the singers moving between set positions etc but it was actually enjoyable and I think this is something Disney would be able to do with some of its more "music" style shows such as "The Dream Goes On". How they would manage in the more "theatre style" shows I don't know but this is definitely an option going forward. I wonder if we will see more of the "music" type shows at least short term rather than the "theatre" type to try and help with the COVID measures.

They also removed tables to ensure social distancing - obviously not possible in a cruise ship theatre but I can imagine they can put a "blocked" chair every 4 seats or something similar to encourage social distancing. Warner had to run 2 nightly shows instead of 1 to ensure they had the capacity so I would assume Disney would need to add a 3rd show at least but it is doable. Warner strangely however didn't enforce mask wearing at the shows and in fact encouraged people to remove them - although were not allowed to encourage us to sing along to the show (did actually keep saying "and remember we are not encouraging you to sing along as its against government guidelines")

That is not that difficult. They can rope off rows and seats. Have each audience member space out accordingly and maybe run 2+ shows if needed.
It could be a problem for handicapped seats since there are very few spaces already for people needing these spaces, and they tend to be bunched together.

Everything is pure speculation into the future but as someone already stated, there is little doubt that things are going to be different once they begin sailing again. Very few things will become permanent but like everything else, it's going to come back in phases. If you want the original experience that you are used to then it would probably be in your best interests to delay sailing for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter