Nightlight for bathroom?

mighty quack

Earning My Ears
We have a cruise coming up with an inside stateroom and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for some sort of night light for the bathroom?

Glow sticks! Our daughter hooked some on the rail of her upper bunk, and I put a couple in the bathroom also, worked so well.

You could also use a battery operated tea candle.

I bought some battery powered nightlights with a motion sensor. (Amazon) I glued magnets on the back and stuck one on the wall in each bathroom. Worked great!!

I just bought a cheap nightlight at Walmart. I didn't put it in the bathroom, though; there's a power outlet behind the TV and you'll generally find that only one of the two sockets is in use for the TV (the TV pulls out on a swivel arm, so it's not hard to get at). I found that putting it behind the TV blocked enough of the light that it didn't keep me up.

Battery operated night light, placed on a bathroom shelf.

I considered bringing one of my old glow cubes from drinks at Disney world--I use those with my girl scout troop when camping--I place 1 lit cube by the exit flaps of the tent in case anyone needs to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Little tea light (battery powered). glow stick etc. Don;t spend alot in case you forget it! Have a great cruise!

We found a battery operated LED nightlight with a magnet on the back. We just attached it to the back of the door and it worked great!

I can second the Mr. Beams nightlights - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1LFS08 It is a three pack, amber LEDs, with motion sensing. I glued magnets to the back of one planning to stick it on the wall in the bathroom on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, the walls were not magnetic, so I left it on the counter. The other two lights were placed on the desk. Good for the hotel rooms before and after the cruise too.

Another item to consider picking up is a multi-port charger. https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge...00P936188/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 - We took the chargers for the devices, but this one was what was used.

I considered bringing one of my old glow cubes from drinks at Disney world--I use those with my girl scout troop when camping--I place 1 lit cube by the exit flaps of the tent in case anyone needs to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

That's what we used on our cruise last month; worked great!

I haven't used it on a cruise yet, but I am planning on bringing my solar lantern (https://solight-design.com/products/solarhelix). I've used it in hotels (and at home so I don't have to turn on bright lights at night!) and I love it. It collapses flat for travel, is waterproof, lightweight, and has a handle to carry it form bed to bathroom. Plus, solar power means no fighting for an outlet- just a space in a window. (It also holds the charge really well- it can typically go a week without sun if I use it for bathroom trips and a bit of before-bed reading- but I don't leave it on all night)

Last edited:
We used the Dollar store tea lights. They worked really well. But, they're from the Dollar store, so test them at home first and bring a couple extra to last the week.

We just leave the light on and crack the door. I do this at hotels too.

One problem I've had if the bathroom door isn't closed tight is that it will move slightly, not usually enough to slam it closed but enough that it will tap the door frame, make noise, and wake me up. I will leave the bathroom light on but close the door completely. Light shows through the bottom of the door enough to make it easy to find. I'm fine with just that, but my DD needs a little more light so we use a battery powered tea light by her bed and she can carry it to the bathroom.

Don't know that this will help at night, but we keep the TV turned on to the station that shows the bow of the boat. This lets us wake up with the sunlight. Maybe moon light will show a little, as well?

We just leave the bathroom light on and close the door so that it rests on the latch but doesn't shut completely. If seas are a little rough, you can wedge a washcloth under the door to stop it from making noise, but as others have noted there are other battery powered options that work nicely. Whatever you do, please don't use your balcony light for a nightlight; it can really prevent your neighbors from enjoying their own balcony at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter