NFL Draft

I’m not enamored with any QB in this draft and he will still need an o line in front of him.

thats what are GM kept saying, as he passed on Mahone, Watson, Trebisky and Wentz. Then the new GM was bought in and he had these orders, get a good/great qb, and if you dont like any in the draft, thats fine, but if one becomes a star you dont draft, your fired. GM dont like to risk it all on a QB its a career maker or breaker. No QB you stink, thats today NFL

DH thinks the Giants will trade for Carr.

I never thought of Carr that makes some sense, the hot rumor right now is the Giants are going to draft Duke QB (Daniel Jones) with the sixth pick, but Washington is trying to move in front of them to take him. But who really knows

The draft will be happening practically in my back yard so I'm doing everything in my power to stay as far away as possible!

My wife on the other hand runs a restaurant in The Gulch so she's basically living in her shop for the next four days.

With everything happening in town this weekend they are estimating 1.5 million people to come through over the next four days.

Just to give it even more perspective, every hotel room between Knoxville and Clarksville is completely booked up.

Just to give it even more perspective, every hotel room between Knoxville and Clarksville is completely booked up.

Just for kicks, I checked up on your statement. I looked on Expedia and I found several hotels in Mt. Juliet at $150 per night for tonight through the whole weekend. Those hotels are about 25 minutes from downtown. I also found some in Donelson by the airport and in Lebanon and Hendersonville. I did not search the south or west sides of town but I would suspect given my results searching the East and North sides of town that there would be some had I searched. Downtown is booked fairly solid but hotels in the burbs are still available without the need to go all the way to Clarksville or Knoxville.

Just for kicks, I checked up on your statement. I looked on Expedia and I found several hotels in Mt. Juliet at $150 per night for tonight through the whole weekend. Those hotels are about 25 minutes from downtown. I also found some in Donelson by the airport and in Lebanon and Hendersonville. I did not search the south or west sides of town but I would suspect given my results searching the East and North sides of town that there would be some had I searched.
That's interesting as my statistics came from the Chamber of Commerce. I suspect that at the time the stats were taken that rooms could've been "full" but since then hotels have released entire blocks of rooms that could've been on hold. Which isn't outside of the norm as a practice.

I do know that many downtown businesses (bars, restaurants, honky tonks etc...) looked into purchasing blocks of rooms in downtown hotels so that employees would not have to commute into work due to road closures and numbers of people flooding into the downtown area.

So yeah, rooms may be available now...but at the time...not so much.

That's interesting as my statistics came from the Chamber of Commerce. I suspect that at the time the stats were taken that rooms could've been "full" but since then hotels have released entire blocks of rooms that could've been on hold. Which isn't outside of the norm as a practice.

I do know that many downtown businesses (bars, restaurants, honky tonks etc...) looked into purchasing blocks of rooms in downtown hotels so that employees would not have to commute into work due to road closures and numbers of people flooding into the downtown area.

So yeah, rooms may be available now...but at the time...not so much.

You have a link to that statistic?

It was in a email my wife received. So no unfortunately I don't have access to it. Nor do I plan to bother her to send it to me when she's so incredibly busy.

Are you so pressed to prove me wrong? :confused3

Pressed? On the contrary, it was quite easy. Took all of 30 seconds.

Pressed? On the contrary, it was quite easy. Took all of 30 seconds.

Well great! I hope this allows you to sleep better tonight. Because clearly I had so much to gain by making up information on a community thread on a Disney message board.

Savor your victory...I guess. I was simply going on the information that was given to me. If I was mistaken or the info was no longer correct...fine.

Stay smug dude!

Excited for the draft. We've only had two championships in Boston in the past 6 months so I'd like to see the Pats get a little stronger. Hoping the Celtics and Bruins continue their runs into the playoffs also.

Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like a boring draft night compared to previous years. Didn't seem to have the same level of maneuvering (yeah, there were some trades, but later in the round and not all that dramatic), picks went kind of as expected (although NY Giants, but even that was at least rumored), crowd seemed a lot more subdued, etc.

There was some humor with the Taylor Swift interview. It almost seemed like someone was spoofing her, but no, it was her. She must think the whole draft revolved around her. I'm convinced she lives in her own universe that revolves around her. Not surprising the new song is titled, Me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter