News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Soon Before Disney Face Characters Return to Meet & Greets?

“According to an email that was sent in by one of our readers, Disney Live Entertainment is in the process of reaching out specifically to current, active, and furloughed character performers and inviting them to submit their applications for character look-alike roles such as Princess Tiana, Pocahontas, and Vi Moradi, to name a few.”

This is wonderful news! I hope it happens by the end of May. We will be there in 24 days!

Wow the college program returning IN JUNE is huge news and wouldn't be happening if WDW didn't want to ramp up operations ASAP. Some lucky kids (well...initially unlucky) just went from having a disappointingly dull summer to spending it at WDW. Congrats if anyone reading this gets the email! :)

My DD just submitted her application. She was scheduled to start May 2020 in entertainment. Less than a month before we were due to drive down she received the dreaded e-mail canceling the program. She was devastated. Hoping for some wonderful pixie dust so my girl can have her dream come true.

That article about the casting call for face characters jives well with the announcement that the College Program is resuming because I know a lot of college kids get hired in as costumed characters.
aaaaaand there goes the 2nd trimester sob fest of the day! we MISS characters! I know some people said they are fine never hugging goofy again but we were miserable in november without that interaction! Plus thinking of Mickey getting to smooch my fresh baby on our January trip has me crippled. So happy for all of the cast members that get some sense of normalcy back!

My DD just submitted her application. She was scheduled to start May 2020 in entertainment. Less than a month before we were due to drive down she received the dreaded e-mail canceling the program. She was devastated. Hoping for some wonderful pixie dust so my girl can have her dream come true.

I hope it all works out for your daughter.

OFF TOPIC... Mods please delete if appropriate...

Several years ago, someone somewhere gave instructions on how to change the photo at the top of the screen in MDE to be the Mickey's 90th birthday celebration, rather than the character you choose for your avatar.... was it here? Does anyone know how to change it back to the normal character? Not asking to hack the system here or do anything against the rules, but somewhere I got directions on how to change it, and I thought it was here.... ??

How Soon Before Disney Face Characters Return to Meet & Greets?

“According to an email that was sent in by one of our readers, Disney Live Entertainment is in the process of reaching out specifically to current, active, and furloughed character performers and inviting them to submit their applications for character look-alike roles such as Princess Tiana, Pocahontas, and Vi Moradi, to name a few.”
Vi Moradi was out on Saturday greeting guests (from a distance) near Ronto Roasters.

I’d like them to come back as much as anyone, but I don’t think “regular” meets are coming back until Disney fully relaxes mask guidelines.

OFF TOPIC... Mods please delete if appropriate...

Several years ago, someone somewhere gave instructions on how to change the photo at the top of the screen in MDE to be the Mickey's 90th birthday celebration, rather than the character you choose for your avatar.... was it here? Does anyone know how to change it back to the normal character? Not asking to hack the system here or do anything against the rules, but somewhere I got directions on how to change it, and I thought it was here.... ??
Try here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/faqs-incl-avatars-sigs-finding-posts-cant-post-etc.1760755/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!