News Round Up 2020

Oh I’m for sure not expecting it. Just trying to will it onto opening sooner rather than later.

What is the latest on when we think it'll open? We have a trip planned for Feb 2021 (President's Week) and I'm curious if it'll be open.

I'm excited for this! We've always wanted to see this place in person and have talked about volunteering there once our kids are old enough to help, too. It'll be a cool thing to do on a December Disney trip with no night-time Disney things to do and well worth the cost of admission since it's 100% donation. I know one family that's stayed there and they do nothing but rave about that place! Their daughter (now in college) found out she had a rare, congenital kidney disease suddenly when she was a teen and almost died. She visited GKTW after recovering from her kidney transplant.

We were planning on volunteering for our July trip and upcoming November trip :( Hopefully next year. I think it would be great for us to see people that we would normally pity, for no good reason, enjoying life day-to-day. I hope some of their attitude rubs off on us. We did buy tickets for the light show. Can't wait!

If there’s no fireworks, and they’re not open through midnight, I can’t imagine many people will stay until 10 unless they don’t care if they’re on a Disney bus, or waiting for one at the stroke of midnight. But a 14 hour park day sure seems nice.

If there’s no fireworks, and they’re not open through midnight, I can’t imagine many people will stay until 10 unless they don’t care if they’re on a Disney bus, or waiting for one at the stroke of midnight. But a 14 hour park day sure seems nice.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about the extended hours. Another good point that you reminded me of, is if I decide not to rent a car, it is nice to know buses (or boats) at least theoretically should be running later. Say I have a MK day and decide for a dinner at the Contemporary or Poly, it's reassuring to know I could leave for dinner and come back for a last ride or two and still catch a bus back to the resort.

Going to get very interesting for the movie industry if the new James Bond movie goes direct to Netflix or Apple+ as is being reported. That’s one of the major tent poles we’ve all been using as a gauge for the future and the recovery of the theater industry. If they pull the plug and go streaming with that, I wonder if some other studios will decide to go that route with bigger movies as well. I’d love to know how much one of the streaming services pay for a movie like that.

Going to get very interesting for the movie industry if the new James Bond movie goes direct to Netflix or Apple+ as is being reported. That’s one of the major tent poles we’ve all been using as a gauge for the future and the recovery of the theater industry. If they pull the plug and go streaming with that, I wonder if some other studios will decide to go that route with bigger movies as well. I’d love to know how much one of the streaming services pay for a movie like that.

Apple and Netflix approached MGM, not the other way around. If they offer them probably 800M-1B I could see MGM possibly biting. But with it being Craig’s last appearance as Bond, I don’t think it’s exactly set in stone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter