News Round Up 2020

Imagineering has a digital data base of all the recent attractions. They can literally step into a room (the DISH) and view things in 3 dimensions. Mapping out the rest of the park (the "old" stuff) assures that they have an accurate rendering.

Exactly. This was actually a really smart move by Disney to take advantage of this time to map literally everything

So I'm wondering if the "access to the new reservation system" email goes out to people have in the past had tickets attached to an MDE account. Or has someone found it's just randomly sent out? Or is it just coincidental that today is actually 6/28 and they sent out the e-mails in error?

I have no tickets attached to our accounts and this morning got the email stating "Since you’re an existing Walt Disney World Theme Park ticket holder, we’re providing you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 28. Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and check for the date and Theme Park you wish to visit. To enter a Theme Park, both a reservation and valid ticket or annual pass for admission to the same Park on the same date are required. You must make a separate reservation for each date you plan to visit, even with a multi-day ticket. Please note that reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed until confirmed Click here for more information. Please remember to check the Disney Park Pass system (once available) from time to time as Theme Park reservation availability can change."

So I'm wondering if the "access to the new reservation system" email goes out to people have in the past had tickets attached to an MDE account. Or has someone found it's just randomly sent out? Or is it just coincidental that today is actually 6/28 and they sent out the e-mails in error?

I have no tickets attached to our accounts and this morning got the email stating "Since you’re an existing Walt Disney World Theme Park ticket holder, we’re providing you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 28. Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and check for the date and Theme Park you wish to visit. To enter a Theme Park, both a reservation and valid ticket or annual pass for admission to the same Park on the same date are required. You must make a separate reservation for each date you plan to visit, even with a multi-day ticket. Please note that reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed until confirmed Click here for more information. Please remember to check the Disney Park Pass system (once available) from time to time as Theme Park reservation availability can change."

I got the email too and the only ticket media we have attached to our account is an AP voucher so we have had access for a bit. I assumed it was some mass email but definitely struck me as odd to get

I cancelled one of our 3 rooms for late July early this morning. I just went back in and looked and the room reservation was gone from MDE but the park reservations were still there, even though the park tickets were part of a package and disappeared when I cancelled the room. I had to go in and cancel those 3 people for our 8 days. Just a PSA in case anyone was assuming the park reservations would automatically cancel with the room/tickets.

I cancelled one of our 3 rooms for late July early this morning. I just went back in and looked and the room reservation was gone from MDE but the park reservations were still there, even though the park tickets were part of a package and disappeared when I cancelled the room. I had to go in and cancel those 3 people for our 8 days. Just a PSA in case anyone was assuming the park reservations would automatically cancel with the room/tickets.

I wonder if there might be a delay. I recall when they were trying to crack down on gaming the fast pass system that if you had a room to book FP at 60 days out and then cancelled the room they held your FPs for like 24 hours to give you time to book a different room (in case you were just really moving resorts/adjust dates a little). So may e same thing here

I wonder if there might be a delay. I recall when they were trying to crack down on gaming the fast pass system that if you had a room to book FP at 60 days out and then cancelled the room they held your FPs for like 24 hours to give you time to book a different room (in case you were just really moving resorts/adjust dates a little). So may e same thing here
That would make sense since they built this on the FP system.

Good thought. I gave it about 8 hours but 24 would make sense. It was kind of a pain to go into each individual day and cancel 3 of the 7 of us so I was kind of hoping they would drop off. If I cancel 2 more (which is looking likely at this point), I will give it over 24 hours to see if they drop off.

Fireworks going off right now from the DHS/Pop Century area. I can’t imagine what it’s for. We normally can’t see DHS/Epcot fireworks this well from our balcony. But I can’t imagine anything else in that area shooting off this many? Anyone else see it or have any ideas why?

Fireworks going off right now from the DHS/Pop Century area. I can’t imagine what it’s for. We normally can’t see DHS/Epcot fireworks this well from our balcony. But I can’t imagine anything else in that area shooting off this many? Anyone else see it or have any ideas why?
maybe there will be a surprise 4th fireworks display for hotel guests. Or maybe they are just getting rid of some leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter