News Round Up 2020

News

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will NOT be part of Extra Magic Hours.

any thoughts on why? Is it due to maintenance/technical complexities like with RotR?

Just seems weird when EMHs are a big perk of staying on property (or other hotel with this perk) and not having your two biggest draws in DHS not elligible really puts a damper on that perk

any thoughts on why? Is it due to maintenance/technical complexities like with RotR?

Just seems weird when EMHs are a big perk of staying on property (or other hotel with this perk) and not having your two biggest draws in DHS not elligible really puts a damper on that perk
Could be maintenance. I think eventually this will be added. I would guess it has to do with it being new. Sometimes it takes a bit before new attractions/restaurants/etc. are all added to certain programs.

Could be maintenance. I think eventually this will be added. I would guess it has to do with it being new. Sometimes it takes a bit before new attractions/restaurants/etc. are all added to certain programs.

that's true - maybe just get the CMs comfortable with how it runs and just let the technology and the people "get their sea legs" (for lack of a better way of putting it) before pushing the ride

really hope we don't see downtime with this like we do with RotR

I mean . .we all know that EMH hours have been severely cut/restricted over the years. My last few trips, I don't even consider it a perk anymore because either there isn't any EMH hours for the parks I plan on going to the days I am there, OR they just don't line up with the plans I "had" to make 180 days prior for dining.

DHS already ONLY has 1 EMH per week (so my next trip in June I have ZERO options since I am going Monday-Saturday) ..so not like having in them in there would be much of a perk for most guests anyway. Disney just knows it would be a MOB there if their two newest rides were open for the ONE day a week they have EMH.

Any idea what the problem is? I always assumed this ride was pretty reliable...
It happened during after hours last night. A fellow diser was on the ride when it happened and had to wait for maintenance to come and release them as they got stuck on the hill, facing the wrong way! Poster said there was a bad grinding sound or something when it happened.

agreed. And DHS is already an absolutely nightmare to visit right now. I normally feel confident in my planning abilities for almost any day of the year not between Christmas and New Years but the crowds and day of fp availability are so bad right now I honestly could not recomend going to DHS right now to someone if you only go once every 1-3 years. It’s that bad.

I did everything almost as perfect as I could today and I’m one person and young and walk fast. I could have gotten there a little earlier but I got there 80 minutes early, and got lucky with a low BG. By the time I got off Slinky there were no waits less than 45 minutes. I might could have ridden Tower or TSMM before my BG for rise. So 3 rides in 2 hours of Rise hadnt gone down. And that’s doing everything prefect. By that point event Star Tours was 50 minutes and there were no FP for ANY rides all day. Shows only. Yes I could still do everything in a day but id be waiting in lines for over an hour for most everything and I rarely will wait more than 20 minutes for ANYTHING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter