News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it had been announced that Epcot Forever would end around May (or spring time) before it even began. At least that was impression I got, so not at all surprised by that announcement.

Sorry for being negative, but this show sounds aweful to me, at least as a replacement for Illuminations. Yet another mashup.
It’s supposed to have some great technology. Also supposed to be the largest show Disney has done.

I am excited about it from a technology/performance standpoint but am fearful it will force in too much IP and feel like Happily Ever After 2 vs something more uniquely EPCOT

It’s supposed to have some great technology. Also supposed to be the largest show Disney has done.
Yeah, let me clarify, the music sounds awful, which to me is the big emotional draw of a firework show. I just don't connect to 30 second segments of songs mashed together. It is also about as opposite of the Illuminations music you can get.

But, I also don't care for "fan service" in movies and would rather see a new story than a remake, so I don't think I'm Disney's core market.

I am excited about it from a technology/performance standpoint but am fearful it will force in too much IP and feel like Happily Ever After 2 vs something more uniquely EPCOT
Yeah, let me clarify, the music sounds awful, which to me is the big emotional draw of a firework show. I just don't connect to 30 second segments of songs mashed together. It is also about as opposite of the Illuminations music you can get.

But, I also don't care for "fan service" in movies and would rather see a new story than a remake, so I don't think I'm Disney's core market.
I'm reserving judgement until we see more. I am optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!