News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that don't want to wait 10 hours ;)

looks pretty good - obviously I am sure it is even better when riding it than just watching. I do like the sound effects when you accelerate.

I do get what people are saying that some show scenes you go past too quickly. Also, I suspect the ride is even better at night when you can't see as much of the track ahead of you and feel more immersive

Honestly, the requirement for planning is way overstated. If you don’t want to plan, it’s quite easy to still do most things on a whim. I do it every trip. My last trip I booked 97 minutes before the flight took off. Dining I usually book on the way to the restaurant. Fastpasses I try for day of or sometimes the night before. The only things that really require booking far ahead are Be Our Guest and Flight of Passage fastpass, and even then you can still have a chance day of. If you are really getting tired of planning every minute, I strongly suggest you try a day on your next trip where you plan nothing and just float around to what you want. Maybe just get on whatever bus comes first, or flip a coin to make decisions. Disney definitely wants you to plan, but it’s far from a necessity.

I would add 7DMT and Slinky Dog to that list - at least that has been my experience. (and also depends on size of your group)

It's all about expectations. If you want to ensure you get on as many attractions as you want at the times you want, and eat at as many of the places you want at the times you want as possible, then yeah, you need to do quite a bit of pre-planning.

If you are ok with not getting to everything you might want to and eating at maybe slightly off times, etc. then you can go with little to no planning.

I do think at least a little bit of planning to set up a few key things can be a big help - but definitely don't need to plan every minute of every day. I know a few people who went for the first time and refused to do any pre-planning and then were upset that they didn't get to what they wanted, when they wanted - but they went in with the expectations they could do everything without any planning

looks pretty good - obviously I am sure it is even better when riding it than just watching. I do like the sound effects when you accelerate.

I do get what people are saying that some show scenes you go past too quickly. Also, I suspect the ride is even better at night when you can't see as much of the track ahead of you and feel more immersive

So... I hate myself. :) I'm not trying to be all cool girl, but this what everyone is raving and raving about?

It looks fun, don't get me wrong, but it's an average coaster with some cool animatronics.

Not that I wouldn't love to go on it, but now I don't feel a need to make any kind of special trip for it.

So... I hate myself. :) I'm not trying to be all cool girl, but this what everyone is raving and raving about?

It looks fun, don't get me wrong, but it's an average coaster with some cool animatronics.

Not that I wouldn't love to go on it, but now I don't feel a need to make any kind of special trip for it.

I am kinds with you - based on the video alone and knowing actually riding it is completely different. But agian, it's always aobut expectations and when reviews are coming out like "best coaster in Orlando" and that video doesn't match that to me ... but still looks really fun and a really cool fit in the space and for the Wizarding World for sure!

I am kinds with you - based on the video alone and knowing actually riding it is completely different. But agian, it's always aobut expectations and when reviews are coming out like "best coaster in Orlando" and that video doesn't match that to me ... but still looks really fun and a really cool fit in the space and for the Wizarding World for sure!

It looks amazing to me, but I am a "Harry Potter changed my life" type of fan. Flying through the Forbidden Forest is like a dream and they are bringing it to reality. It's also a REAL coaster and not some 3D simulation, screen heavy type of ride. I can't wait to get on.

ETA: My kid will ride this, too. That makes a big difference to me, too. It's for everyone.

Universal doesn't technically allow filming so I doubt you are going to get many POVs especially a 360 one. This appears to be someone who got a goPro or their phone on.

There are good VR ride throughs of the Hulk and Rip Ride Rock-it ; so I'm guessing we'll see one haha

Let me know if anyone wants links but they are on the oculus store.

It looks amazing to me, but I am a "Harry Potter changed my life" type of fan. Flying through the Forbidden Forest is like a dream and they are bringing it to reality. It's also a REAL coaster and not some 3D simulation, screen heavy type of ride. I can't wait to get on.

ETA: My kid will ride this, too. That makes a big difference to me, too. It's for everyone.

oh yeah, I think it is a great addition and love that it is more of a family coaster. and 1000000% agree it is great that it is a physical coaster with physical sets and not screens

Guess I was just expecting to be blown away based on reviews and that video didn't blow me away

This is pretty random, but I just got an email inviting me to add more people to my Galaxy’s Edge reservation on Sunday morning. I know this has been happening for people who only had a single person listed, but I already have 5 people on my reservation! Seemed very odd to me - are they really thinking they need to fill the land more?

I would add 7DMT and Slinky Dog to that list - at least that has been my experience. (and also depends on size of your group)

It's all about expectations. If you want to ensure you get on as many attractions as you want at the times you want, and eat at as many of the places you want at the times you want as possible, then yeah, you need to do quite a bit of pre-planning.

If you are ok with not getting to everything you might want to and eating at maybe slightly off times, etc. then you can go with little to no planning.

I do think at least a little bit of planning to set up a few key things can be a big help - but definitely don't need to plan every minute of every day. I know a few people who went for the first time and refused to do any pre-planning and then were upset that they didn't get to what they wanted, when they wanted - but they went in with the expectations they could do everything without any planning
Mine Train I think has settled down to Peter Pan level. Slinky I should’ve listed also it’s still a hard find.

I say the biggest issue for people is not going without planning, it’s going without knowledge. If you want to eat at a popular restaurant, don’t go at 7pm and expect to sit immediately. Don’t go to Flight of Passage in the middle of the day and expect a walk on. You can still do every ride in each park with a few park days without waiting more than 30 minutes without a strict schedule.

I wouldn't say its an average coaster. An average coaster wouldn't have the theming and animatronics like this does. Not many coasters (some do of course) have a drop track like this does either. Its also Potter so those that love Potter are going to love this.

I wouldn't say its an average coaster. An average coaster wouldn't have the theming and animatronics like this does. Not many coasters (some do of course) have a drop track like this does either. Its also Potter so those that love Potter are going to love this.

By average coaster I mean thrill level, not speaking of theme or extras. That's why I said average coaster with animatronics. :)

Nothing exactly groundbreaking about the track design itself.

By average coaster I mean thrill level, not speaking of theme or extras. That's why I said average coaster with animatronics. :)

Nothing exactly groundbreaking about the track design itself.

I'd might agree with you there if it weren't for the 7 launches. This thing feels like you are on a motorbike that accelerates. Thrill level it's between Mummy and Everest.

I'd might agree with you there if it weren't for the 7 launches. This thing feels like you are on a motorbike that accelerates. Thrill level it's between Mummy and Everest.

I find Everest to be average. ;)

I'm sure it's a great ride! I think the hype made me expect something different, that's all. I'm sure I'll think it's awesome when I get to go on it.

I'm wondering if the experience will be better or worse at night. I'd love to ride and will probably make a day trip to universal at some point to see it, but there is no ride in the world I would wait 600 minutes for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter