News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rteetz Did you see this about practically all rides at DHS becoming Tier 1? Seems pretty solid story?

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-at-hollywood-studios-effective-8-29.955256/

Seems odd that they would make that change at that point. If that does happen I think that it will actually be beneficial to those who refresh for same day FP's as there should be increased availability for ToT and RnR especially earlier in the day. With them both being tier 2 they are now more difficult to get.

@rteetz Did you see this about practically all rides at DHS becoming Tier 1? Seems pretty solid story?

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-at-hollywood-studios-effective-8-29.955256/
That’s crazy, there are not nearly enough rides at HS to make so many tier 1. Really they’re saying you can only get one useful fast pass for this park a day. I’d rather them make everything the same tier like MK. When they open the new ride in Feb I’m sure that will be another tier 1 as well.....

There is NO WAY they will make EVERY ride except Star Tours Tier 1 at DHS. That will be horrible for the thrill seekers (but wont hurt families (like mine) with small children that were not doing RNRC and ToT anyway). it is already horrible to have every TSL ride as Tier 1.

That WOULD spread out the crowds, if you plan on spending your entire day at DH, but nothing Tier 2 worth it at DHS then -- even Star Tours has managable wait times (but will probably see increased crowds due to the SWGE and the influx of Star Wars fans (and proximity to the SWGE entrance).

There is NO WAY they will make EVERY ride except Star Tours Tier 1 at DHS. That will be horrible for the thrill seekers (but wont hurt families (like mine) with small children that were not doing RNRC and ToT anyway). it is already horrible to have every TSL ride as Tier 1.

That WOULD spread out the crowds, if you plan on spending your entire day at DH, but nothing Tier 2 worth it at DHS then -- even Star Tours has managable wait times (but will probably see increased crowds due to the SWGE and the influx of Star Wars fans (and proximity to the SWGE entrance).
Maybe they are trying to make people not want to go to Hollywood Studios? Why would I want to wait in multiple hour long lines for rides I used to be able to FP easily, so maybe I do Star Wars and leave. It's clearly a master plan ;).

While I would like to agree, it's kinda the way it is at Epcot. We rarely 'need' our Tier 2 FPs with the exception of 'Living with the Land' occasionally.

There are still a number of options left for Tier 2 FPs in DHS even if they make the changes indicated in this article. I'm not saying I agree with the changes but I can see them doing it.

I do like that it would be easier to get a RnRC FP as our 4th FP if it became a Tier 1 again.

Welp, that's what happened to this guy in the link I provided. I can't verify if it's a fact or not, but a weird thing to make up...

While I would like to agree, it's kinda the way it is at Epcot. We rarely 'need' our Tier 2 FPs with the exception of 'Living with the Land' occasionally.

There are still a number of options left for Tier 2 FPs in DHS even if they make the changes indicated in this article. I'm not saying I agree with the changes but I can see them doing it.

View attachment 406017
View attachment 406018
View attachment 406019
View attachment 406020

I do like that it would be easier to get a RnRC FP as our 4th FP if it became a Tier 1 again.
The problem I have had with the Tier system .. especially at DHS is that every time i have gone .. I have had Fast Passes for those Tier 2 attractions (just because) .. and they are essentially worthless because they are shows -- that you walk into ... right alongside the standby line.

So every time I go to Epcot and DHS .. I dont really have 3 FPs .. I just have one. And that feels underwhelming and frustrating compared to the MK and AK.

FP gains you nothing .. not even guaranteed entry as far as I know. I have arrived at shows (like Indy) during the FP window .. and they have already let the standby queue in .. so that FP was wasted.

Shows should not have FP queues .. period. You dont see FPs for Country Bears or Carousel of Progress at MK because the point of a Fast Pass is to skip a long standby line.
I hope .. once all of the new attractions open at DHS . .they can just ditch tiering altogether. Or just Tier 1 the Star Wars attractions. They will have enough BIG attractions to spread out the crowds I think.

I forget, can you book just a tier 1 and then use it for anything as soon as you've used it? Or are you forced to "use" 2 tier 2 rides first. I know in the past I've booked 1 at Epcot and had the ability to book whatever I wanted at a DIFFERENT park after, but can't remember if that works staying in the same park.

I forget, can you book just a tier 1 and then use it for anything as soon as you've used it? Or are you forced to "use" 2 tier 2 rides first. I know in the past I've booked 1 at Epcot and had the ability to book whatever I wanted at a DIFFERENT park after, but can't remember if that works staying in the same park.
You have to use two tier 2 fp before you can book another tier 1 at the same park. Now with the new multiple park fp option I’m not sure if you can schedule more than one tier 1 ahead of time if they are at different parks.

NEWS

Aladdin just edged out for the top spot in its second week, but doing fine. Up to $189m domestically and $445.9m globally on a $189m budget

End Game up to $2.713bn as it inches closer to Avatar's $2.788bn

https://411mania.com/movies/411-box-office-report-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-claims-top-spot/

I’m in Chicago for a conference and went again to see Endgame Saturday. The theater was full and I wasn’t able to get a very good seat 2 hours before. Did the same thing for IW last year same time of year and the theater was empty. Just interesting.

A lot of people even with no interest in Galaxy's Edge already had vacations booked for when GE is opening - with the thinking it would definitely be before GE opened, but the earlier than expected opening of GE threw some people and some may move their vacation but others are "stuck" and will focus on the other parks

So long of the short, I don't think it will feel nearly as empty as DLR did (in the non GE areas)
Yeah, we were trying to get in before GE to avoid the madness, but are there the week of the opening. My hotel is non-refundable or else I would've moved my dates.

Okay, this is probably ridiculous, but I watched several SW:GE review videos today. The cast members bothered me, watching the videos I found the land believable, until the CMs started talking and sounded just like the guests, just like any other American. I know it would've been hard to do, but it may have been nice if they had hired people with accents.

Also I was disappointed in "Rex" at the catina, I was hoping for something like the Mos Eisley band. I only saw Craig's short video of him in the preview, but he seemed pretty annoying in that clip. Craig said later that he was really cool, though.

ETA: Other than those two things I think the land looks amazing and I am now a believer that it can be a big time suck even with only one or two rides.

Last edited:
Okay, this is probably ridiculous, but I watched several SW:GE review videos today. The cast members bothered me, watching the videos I found the land believable, until the CMs started talking and sounded just like the guests, just like any other American. I know it would've been hard to do, but it may have been nice if they had hired people with accents.

Also I was disappointed in "Rex" at the catina, I was hoping for something like the Mos Eisley band. I only saw Craig's short video of him in the preview, but he seemed pretty annoying in that clip. Craig said later that he was really cool, though.

ETA: Other than those two things I think the land looks amazing and I am now a believer that it can be a big time suck even with only one or two rides.
What kind of accents? Aren't all the movies American accents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter