News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but, as totally not a SW fan and trying to see both sides, that there quote reads to me that you have a version of fandom that the "purists" are wrong and "your" version of fandom is the ONLY right one. pirate:

I do think you are right about Dorian.

Nope - but if my wording is confusing i apologize!

My philosophy is more along the lines of "Don't yuck on someone else's yum". If a "purist" who only accepts one version of a fandom feels strongly about SWGE, they are fully entitled to their opinion. that doesn't mean the land is a grand failure, just that it didn't hit home with that person. The thing I see in those who insist on a single version/vision of fandom is that their version is the only right one, and things that don't meet that expectation are utter and total failures (beyond their personal take) - and often that's accompanied by sentiments that people who DO appreciate differing views are "sellouts" or "Fake fans".

Speaking of Star Wars, the re-release of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast came out for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 today.

As far as I know, it was the last time that Billy Dee Williams played Lando prior to this year’s Episode IX.

I wonder how much better the prequels would be viewed if the initial hate for Jar Jar wouldn't have scared Lucas away from his original plan to have it revealed that Jar Jar and Palpatine were working together to create the Empire. I think Lucas ignoring the public reaction to the first of the prequals would have gave us much more satisfying trilogy of prequel movies as a whole.

Once the Force went from a mystical religion to an infectious disease, they lost me.

Nope - but if my wording is confusing i apologize!

My philosophy is more along the lines of "Don't yuck on someone else's yum". If a "purist" who only accepts one version of a fandom feels strongly about SWGE, they are fully entitled to their opinion. that doesn't mean the land is a grand failure, just that it didn't hit home with that person. The thing I see in those who insist on a single version/vision of fandom is that their version is the only right one, and things that don't meet that expectation are utter and total failures (beyond their personal take) - and often that's accompanied by sentiments that people who DO appreciate differing views are "sellouts" or "Fake fans".

Oh I know what you were meaning....It just didn't read that way to me. Those of us that have grown kids have learned that what we like isn't always what they like.

This isn’t new news. While George is great for many reasons his vision isn’t always the best avenue as seen with the prequels.

Lucas does not understand his own creation and the prequels show it. He took throw away lines and built lore around it...lore that doesn't have to be there. Darth says to Luke, "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber", so that must mean that everyone wants to know how lightsabers are made with some crystal that you can only get on whatever planet.

The point of that scene was to show that Luke is powerful. It didn't matter that he built a lightsaber, any form of displaying his power would have worked just as well.

Not to mention there's an argument that Episode IV was saved in editing.

Well it is more speculation on the part of the reporter that it is due to SWGE. Disney has been doing restructuring and management "fat" is always the easiest to cut there.

It's one thing to cut management fat when the person isn't actually doing things that are helping the company, it's a different thing to get rid of someone like Catherine that has been doing good things. She's been a huge part of fixing DLP up. She should have been replacing Chapek here not being let go because they need a scapegoat for all that's going on.

Lucas's plans sounded pretty terrible though - Whills and more with the Midi-Chlorians and trying to create some kind of science or something behind the Force - good lord - that sounds awful.

^^^ This exactly! Granted, I am a not a mega-fan, but this would have ruined everything. What kid doesn’t like to pretend to be able to use a powerful, mystical “force” to move objects and defeat bad guys? Now, what kid wants to pretend that there are nano-beings inhabiting your body and controlling the universe? 🙄

According to Ahmed Best there is more to it than just fan theory. Best has said the famous post about it wasn't 100% correct, but there was much that was.

Best said only Lucas could speak about "plans" for Binks. I'm sure Best liked the idea and hated that many people didn't like Jar Jar.

The only thing Lucas ever said was Jar Jar was the "funniest" character they've ever attempted.

I will say the fan theory is quite clever. It fits in a lot of ways. I just don't think it was ever a Lucas idea.

It's one thing to cut management fat when the person isn't actually doing things that are helping the company, it's a different thing to get rid of someone like Catherine that has been doing good things. She's been a huge part of fixing DLP up. She should have been replacing Chapek here not being let go because they need a scapegoat for all that's going on.
How are you so sure about this? I'm genuinely curious. Unless you have inside info?

Does anyone know when the footbridge from the grand Floridian to magic kingdom will be available?
I’d like to stay at the grand flo again but will keep staying at the contemporary until we can walk to the park from the gf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter