News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those noting the ever higher crowds, keep in mind we're seeing the lowest unemployment numbers in the last 12 years. Also the consumer confidence index is the highest it's been since 2007. Not only that, it's been pretty great since 2015. Things have been good for the "average" person for the last 3-4 years, more and more people are probably saving up or have saved up to visit Disney World and Disneyland and now they're finally going. I overhear people at work saying "We might take the kids to Disney World this summer..." so there's that.

Also likely thanks to the plethora of information on websites and social media, people are trying to find the lowest crowd times in order to get the most bang for their buck, and perhaps all of that has now backfired. Early summer is hot, but downright tolerable crowd-wise. But for the next 5-6 years I'm definitely only able to visit during school breaks so I'll take what I can get.

I get ya'. It's not great. But it's temporarily replacing something that is NOT good as it is. I guess I have limits as to how much this can bug me.

THIS! We've been ignoring Hanson Mmbop since 2012 at Epcot! Yes, I realize they have a following but we're not fans. Dance parties can be easily ignored too. Peter Quill - Star-Lord is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books, it makes no difference to me they'll be there.

Last edited:
Early summer is hot, but downright tolerable crowd-wise. But for the next 5-6 years I'm definitely only able to visit during school breaks so I'll take what I can get.

I feel you. We typically travel in late fall but my son will be entering 9th grade and from here on out we'll have to travel during school breaks only. Not looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter