News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email about the photopass... my first time complaining to WDW although it has been building up with all of the recent price increases and experience decreases. I got the same canned response as others. It really ticked me off because I put a lot of time and thought into every word I wrote to try to make the amount of disappointment come across well. I replied back to the canned response more angered and not as kind. I’m not giving up that easily. It seems a lot of people are making a stink on this one... hopefully the bean counters change their tune. I will most definitely never pay for memory maker again if a machine is taking my pictures.
I wouldn’t be discouraged by the canned response. Could you imagine answering each email sent in about this? But they are taking note of the amount of responses they get for sure. Whether or not that changes things only time will tell.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed too. When I booked I was under the impression they would have prime rib roast. I see it on the kids menu, but not for adults. I'm actually tempted to ask if I can substitute cause none of the adult entrees are appealing to me. My reservation is for Dec 16, so no reviews will be out yet.

I'm seeing

Royal Prime Rib Roast
Horseradish Mashed Potato, Hay-smoked Carrots, Popover, Jus

Crossing fingers!

September 30th is the last show. October 1st the new show will begin.
I didn’t realize it was that soon! For our Jan trip we were just going to skip Epcot evening entertainment to do Hoop De Doo and MK DAH on our Epcot days since we’ve seen illuminations several times and it isn’t our favorite. We may have to rearrange plans now to fit the new one in depending on reviews and seeing as we LOVE Figment and I’ve heard he’s part of it.

I didn’t realize it was that soon! For our Jan trip we were just going to skip Epcot evening entertainment to do Hoop De Doo and MK DAH on our Epcot days since we’ve seen illuminations several times and it isn’t our favorite. We may have to rearrange plans now to fit the new one in depending on reviews and seeing as we LOVE Figment and I’ve heard he’s part of it.
Is your trip Jan 2019 or 2020? The new show won't start until Oct 1 2019.

BREAKING NEWS

LIVE COVERAGE: Exciting Details on New Experiences Coming to Disney Parks Announced at D23's Destination D Mickey Mouse Fan Celebration!

Update on Illuminations Replacement in EPCOT:

"BREAKING: Bob just shared an exciting update on a new spectacular planned to open at Epcot in 2020 as part of the multi-year transformation of the park!...The new nighttime spectacular will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world, and will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers...MORE: Before that new show debuts, there will be a limited-time experience Epcot fans will love, called “Epcot Forever,” which will debut in fall 2019 and will feature classic Epcot tunes."

Update/New Experiences Coming to the France Pavilion:

"Also at Epcot, Bob just revealed that the Ratatouille experience coming to the France pavilion will be called Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure...And coming soon to the France pavilion at World Showcase: In addition to “Impressions de France,” : a brand new “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along created by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films, is set to debut."

Hollywood Studios NEW Nighttime Spectacular Coming:

"Bob just unveiled news of an all-new cinematic nighttime experience, “Wonderful World of Animation,” which will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in May 2019, as part of the park’s 30th anniversary celebration. The show will use state-of-the-art projection technology to take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey himself."

Mickey's Soundsational Parade to return to Disneyland:

"And for the Disneyland Resort fans, he also shared that the beloved Mickey’s Soundsational Parade is set to return to Disneyland park in January 2019!"

Update on New Disney Deluxe Resort Coming to the Bay Lake Area:

"During his presentation, Chapek unveiled details about Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a deluxe, nature-inspired resort coming to Orlando that will feature more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas."

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News:

"BREAKING: Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek just revealed the names of the two signature attractions set for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge when it opens at the Disneyland Resort next summer and at the Walt Disney World Resort in fall 2019...Guests can take the controls in one of three unique and critical roles aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. And on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, guests can join an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance – including a face-off with Kylo Ren himself!"

"He also shared a new look at the Star Wars resort that’s currently in development for the Walt Disney World Resort."

Last edited:
So do we think they decided to go with a BatB sing along instead of Poppins in UK? Do you think this means BatB is out at DHS?

And of course Disneyland gets another parade while we’re still waiting for a MSEP replacement at MK lol.

So do we think they decided to go with a BatB sing along instead of Poppins in UK? Do you think this means BatB is out at DHS?

And of course Disneyland gets another parade while we’re still waiting for a MSEP replacement at MK lol.
We aren't getting a new parade really, it's the long awaited return of a fan favorite that was in dire need of a rehab.

I never want the MSEP Parade to return to WDW for one reason...WDW didn't take care of it.

In terms of the BatB sing along...It's still too early to tell at the point about the future of the show at DHS and the UK attraction.

Been posting in the Separate Destination D thread and @AMusicLifeForMe has a lot of the details above but here are a few images shared so far

From temporary show at EPCOT that will feature classic EPCOT music before new HUGE show coming later
230DB487-6111-45DA-BC07-0E7368AED1AB.jpeg

Star Wars Hotel - will be more like a cruise experience than hotel stay with all guests starting at same time. Will make it feel like you are “docking” at the hotel
AB9A5664-749E-4631-B35B-F523EEF3E221.jpeg
02DA310D-FC64-4EBB-89C2-6C3AEFC4D0F3.jpeg
C2B96C66-17BF-452A-A3ED-39EA1A6B3868.jpeg

Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show to start at DHS in May
372984CB-DC7A-4870-A933-00959EEEB734.jpeg

New movie in Canada pavilion and New BatB sing along in France pavilion
0AE60DC5-387E-4032-B2AA-9093C41D2602.jpeg

Mickey next to a Skyliner cabin - attendees will get to go closer later
7EBBA66A-6250-4604-81E8-C3454D61ED8D.jpeg

Been posting in the Separate Destination D thread and @AMusicLifeForMe has a lot of the details above but here are a few images shared so far

From temporary show at EPCOT that will feature classic EPCOT music before new HUGE show coming later
View attachment 365803

Star Wars Hotel - will be more like a cruise experience than hotel stay with all guests starting at same time. Will make it feel like you are “docking” at the hotel
View attachment 365804
View attachment 365805
View attachment 365806

Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show to start at DHS in May
View attachment 365807

New Canada Show and New BatB sing along in Canada pavilion
View attachment 365808

Mickey next to a Skyliner cabin - attendees will get to go closer later
View attachment 365809
Are you sure the BatB sing along is coming to Canada? Based on the DPB article, it sounds like it is in addition to Impressions de France in the France Pavilion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter