News Round Up 2017

I've said this many times. PI was killed by two things.

1) The opening of West Side.
and
2) Never revitalizing the clubs.

The first led to Pleasure Island being a divide between Marketplace and West Side, which meant that people weren't going to West Side. So the decision was made to open up Pleasure Island to everyone. THIS led to drunks wandering amongst families, which led to the occasional problems.
The second one is the phenomenon of bars/clubs - they just don't have life cycle of restaurants. New clubs get hot for a while, but once they get old, people lose interest. That's why many clubs and bars don't last more than 10 years. While certain clubs could have stayed open for a long time like Adventirers Club, Club's like Manequin's and Rock and Roll Beach Club became too same,same.

So, the result was business dropped off because the clubs got stale, and Disney didn't care for the way it broke up DTD, the combination was the death knell. (And the idea that they could outsource most of DTD didn't hurt them either.)

I've said this many times. PI was killed by two things.

1) The opening of West Side.
and
2) Never revitalizing the clubs.

The first led to Pleasure Island being a divide between Marketplace and West Side, which meant that people weren't going to West Side. So the decision was made to open up Pleasure Island to everyone. THIS led to drunks wandering amongst families, which led to the occasional problems.
The second one is the phenomenon of bars/clubs - they just don't have life cycle of restaurants. New clubs get hot for a while, but once they get old, people lose interest. That's why many clubs and bars don't last more than 10 years. While certain clubs could have stayed open for a long time like Adventirers Club, Club's like Manequin's and Rock and Roll Beach Club became too same,same.

So, the result was business dropped off because the clubs got stale, and Disney didn't care for the way it broke up DTD, the combination was the death knell. (And the idea that they could outsource most of DTD didn't hurt them either.)

Yeah! That!

...and they DIDN'T like the numbers!!

If they like the numbers...they'd have blackwater there providing security and retheming it weekly.

If I'm driving the boat, you might also have to be the rescue team.

In all seriousness, how does one become a Friendship Boat Captain?

I don't know how it works now with online job postings and such at Disney but you used to just go to casting and tell them it was your first choice when applying for a job. It was my father's retirement job until botched cataracts surgery made his vision too unreliable to drive them any longer. Then he moved to Main Street merchandise:goodvibes

If I'm driving the boat, you might also have to be the rescue team.

In all seriousness, how does one become a Friendship Boat Captain?

Pretty sure you need an actual captains license to carry passengers in a commercial situation.... requires logging time out and such. Like a CDL or Pilots license.....

To response to my own question regarding Night Kingdom:

The chatter I see is from Feb. 2008, nothing was ever going to get to shovels in the dirt considering Bear failed a mere month later, and then the entire economy failed (and it could have been worse). Its still such a cool idea though.

To response to my own question regarding Night Kingdom:

The chatter I see is from Feb. 2008, nothing was ever going to get to shovels in the dirt considering Bear failed a mere month later, and then the entire economy failed (and it could have been worse). Its still such a cool idea though.
It was a major rumor/plan right around 9/11. Due to the economy and drop in tourism that never happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter