News Round Up 2017

Hmmm, wonder how late into 2017. I'm toying with the idea of heading back in October for a very quick visit. HoP is one of my faves.
Honestly, who knows! Original date set was next week, i've heard "mid to late September" from a CM friend, and now News 13 are reporting "late 2017". And there is no guarantee Disney will make that, next it'll be "memorial day 2018"!!

An minor update on Hall of Presidents from News 13:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2017/6/25/trump_to_have_speaki.html

The attraction will likely re-open in "late 2017" and Trump will have a speaking part.
Thanks for the info.

I feel like "late" means 9th-15th of September (WDW park days for me) is out but mid-to late September info was already shaky for me to see it. I'll have hope for sure. I really enjoy the attraction, who the president is doesn't matter to me.

I feel like I'm bad luck lol: HoP delayed-may not be open for my trip, GMR-rumored to close who knows and no actual date as of yet but may not be open for my trip, and Splash-under refurb, not to mention last year found out Fast and Furious ride at USO was delayed til 2018...:sad:

Honestly, who knows! Original date set was next week, i've heard "mid to late September" from a CM friend, and now News 13 are reporting "late 2017". And there is no guarantee Disney will make that, next it'll be "memorial day 2018"!!
Heck, maybe when they elect the next guy they can open it again. Maybe that October trip will become a January/February trip...

An minor update on Hall of Presidents from News 13:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2017/6/25/trump_to_have_speaki.html

The attraction will likely re-open in "late 2017" and Trump will have a speaking part.

Yeah, I saw that. As a journalism student, I'm not sure I agree with their writing/reporting. It's sounding like Disney is still planning on Trump speaking, but they still haven't been able to get a recording for whatever reason. So I wouldn't say a speaking part is "confirmed" like the article implies.

Good to have a statement, but I'm not entirely sure that this clears the air entirely. Disney was likely forced to put this out after word came over the past couple days that HoP wouldn't be opening on time.

If anyone is interested the Disneyland auction is currently live, it's over half way through but there are still a lot of items left. It's a bit too rich for me but it's interesting to see how much items are going for.

Yeah, I saw that. As a journalism student, I'm not sure I agree with their writing/reporting. It's sounding like Disney is still planning on Trump speaking, but they still haven't been able to get a recording for whatever reason. So I wouldn't say a speaking part is "confirmed" like the article implies.

Good to have a statement, but I'm not entirely sure that this clears the air entirely. Disney was likely forced to put this out after word came over the past couple days that HoP wouldn't be opening on time.
I agree, it isn't very well written. Although I did see that WDWNT on Twitter reached out to the author of the article re. the speaking part and her response was;

"After the Disney spokeswoman made the statement, I asked if Trump would have a speaking role and she said yes. Should have made that clear (in the article)."

Although the last I heard was that Trump had refused to record the dialogue for the show, so not sure how they are going to do it.

I agree, it isn't very well written. Although I did see that WDWNT on Twitter reached out to the author of the article re. the speaking part and her response was;

"After the Disney spokeswoman made the statement, I asked if Trump would have a speaking role and she said yes. Should have made that clear (in the article)."

Although the last I heard was that Trump had refused to record the dialogue for the show, so not sure how they are going to do it.
I'm totally not sure now that some time has passed but I don't remember that Trump specifically refused to record it but that he wasn't working with Disney to make the recording happen at that time in a reasonable time according to the refurb schedule. Now we could infer that he's reluctant to record or that he doesn't really want to but I don't remember him outright actually refusing to do it. I honestly could be remembering it incorrectly.

If anyone is interested the Disneyland auction is currently live, it's over half way through but there are still a lot of items left. It's a bit too rich for me but it's interesting to see how much items are going for.

I bid a bit on the last one but everything I was interested in went for quite a bit more than the projected range so I am not getting invested in this one. Lots of cool stuff just to go their go and check out though

Just catching up on the boards and seeing this...

My poor wallet.

My husband asked if I was going to get a bag this year and I said that I really wanted another haunted mansion one but I already had the one style so I guess not. Then I read this and I'm so excited! Love being able to keep up with everything in one place! Thanks to everyone for all your hard work!

Passholder rates are up for September 1 through October 7, 2017. I wasn't impressed. I got a better standard rate for my dates a few weeks ago by over $100/night. Hope somebody at least finds what they're looking for...The Cabins had some really good mid-week prices.

Passholder rates are up for September 1 through October 7, 2017. I wasn't impressed. I got a better standard rate for my dates a few weeks ago by over $100/night. Hope somebody at least finds what they're looking for...The Cabins had some really good mid-week prices.

This. I was SHOCKED at the "passholder" rates. I hope it was a boo-boo and maybe it will be adjusted. I even emailed guest services to be sure it was correct.

Almost seems like early fall and regular fall are going to be more popular and expensive than summer.
I can tell you from my own experience as a teacher that the last two years I have had more kids out for WDW trips in the fall than ever. Parents tell me "there are less crowds." I no longer have kids taking off in the spring with the higher than ever high stakes tests and I haven't seen a Christmas trip in several years. But the last couple years of falls I've had several kids out for a week or two for Disney. Teaching. My unofficial Disney attendance monitor.

I can tell you from my own experience as a teacher that the last two years I have had more kids out for WDW trips in the fall than ever. Parents tell me "there are less crowds." I no longer have kids taking off in the spring with the higher than ever high stakes tests and I haven't seen a Christmas trip in several years. But the last couple years of falls I've had several kids out for a week or two for Disney. Teaching. My unofficial Disney attendance monitor.

Last comment on Disney seasons from me in this thread as I know it is OT.

TN has a fall break, which we had no idea was a thing since we are from FL, where there is no fall :)

It seems that everyone goes to Disney that week. We even thought, wow, what an advantage, getting to go during Fall and not summer, meaning less crowds. Wrong!

Seems like half the country does this. Given some recent reports of this June vs the last few years, summer is losing its place as the busiest time (putting aside Christmas week).

I think operating hours of MK definitely tell a story. I believe I saw that the MK was open 75 hours fewer this June compared with June 2014. Since they try to place hours in line with attendance, there can be a conclusion drawn there.

FWIW I'm going to be down next week for a very last minute three night trip and even today I could get two of those nights at either BWI for 337.00 per night or Yacht Club for $343.00 per night, both of which will stack with another 15% off of that price via an Orbitz code. Or 3 nights in a row contemporary garden view for $390.00 per night prior to the 15% discount. This weekend I was seeing rates for all three nights in a row at Wilderness Lodge for $311.00 per night pre discount as well as AKL at $277.00 per night pre discount.

Maybe I'm just getting conditioned to the price increases but I have been fairly pleasantly surprised with price/availability on site last minute for the weekend before July 4th.

I think operating hours of MK definitely tell a story. I believe I saw that the MK was open 75 hours fewer this June compared with June 2014. Since they try to place hours in line with attendance, there can be a conclusion drawn there.

Agreed. Although AK added well over 200 hours.

I don't know if I'd base any conclusions on the hours of a park that is dead last in attendance, or the one that was closed at 5PM everyday......

I'd look at the leader, which it is by about double, I believe, attendance wise.

Good point, I wonder if we will see the increased number of hours continued at Animal Kingdom because of the rumors that Pandora is not drawing the crowds that they were hoping... yesterday afternoon I saw that Flight of Passage only had a 75 minute wait.

FWIW I'm going to be down next week for a very last minute three night trip and even today I could get two of those nights at either BWI for 337.00 per night or Yacht Club for $343.00 per night, both of which will stack with another 15% off of that price via an Orbitz code. Or 3 nights in a row contemporary garden view for $390.00 per night prior to the 15% discount. This weekend I was seeing rates for all three nights in a row at Wilderness Lodge for $311.00 per night pre discount as well as AKL at $277.00 per night pre discount.

Maybe I'm just getting conditioned to the price increases but I have been fairly pleasantly surprised with price/availability on site last minute for the weekend before July 4th.

For calibration purposes, you place a night at YC at $343/night and WL at $311 as good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter