News Round Up 2017

just got back from wdw. a quick review of the new stuff.

Pandora outside/daylight: A+ everywhere I looked were photo ops. :) the mountains are epic, the flora was cool, the fauna was... strangely missing. needs an animal or 2. maybe some banshees waaaaay up on the mountain tops?

pandora outside/nighttime: B was certainly as cool as any other disney park area at night, but it was kinda dark (nothing like the movie). also, needs animals or at least animal sounds. admittedly, both times night trips it was crowded and rainy.

FoP: A++ very awesome! :) enough that we went back on another day and fought crowds to do it again (fp the first time).

NRJ: B could be an A if it was longer and there was more, but we were plenty happy to wait in the 30 minute line the second time (FP the first). it is certainly better than peter pan and that line is always over an hour. the Shaman is absolutely mesmerizing. A+++ for her. :)

rivers of light: B clearly not a match for the MK show, but we really liked it. :) I think it fits the park and was a nice way to end the day.

happily ever after: A+ holy cow that show was more spectacular and visceral than I would have thought! saw it twice. :) bravo disney!

Disney Quest: for something that hasn't changed (in what, 20 years?) we still had a ton of fun. :) sure wish they could figure out how to keep it around. I'd stop by every single trip if it was more along the lines of $20 for 2-3 hours (and it wouldn't hurt to update some of the graphics from 1998 :P ). with magic band technology that should be possible. met a cast member (who was apparently filling in during breaks) on the top floor and then 20 minutes later on the bottom floor. he said he was the evil twin :teeth:

rainbow over the castle: A++ disney really knows how to put on a show :D

19225525_1818814961467247_5628752980113829628_n.jpg

pandora outside/nighttime: B was certainly as cool as any other disney park area at night, but it was kinda dark (nothing like the movie). also, needs animals or at least animal sounds. admittedly, both times night trips it was crowded and rainy.
Maybe the sounds were off for you or something. When I was there I found the animal sounds to be amazing. The sounds change as the day goes on and into the night. They really made it feel like animals were out in the background.

Maybe the sounds were off for you or something. When I was there I found the animal sounds to be amazing. The sounds change as the day goes on and into the night. They really made it feel like animals were out in the background.
I noticed the sounds, too. On one of the nights we were there the banshees were absolutely shrieking. It sounded like they were swooping above us. The other nights we were there we heard the sounds but not quite as loud.

Pandora outside/daylight: A+ everywhere I looked were photo ops. :) the mountains are epic, the flora was cool, the fauna was... strangely missing. needs an animal or 2. maybe some banshees waaaaay up on the mountain tops?

FoP: A++ very awesome! :) enough that we went back on another day and fought crowds to do it again (fp the first time).

NRJ: B could be an A if it was longer and there was more, but we were plenty happy to wait in the 30 minute line the second time (FP the first). it is certainly better than peter pan and that line is always over an hour. the Shaman is absolutely mesmerizing. A+++ for her. :)

rivers of light: B clearly not a match for the MK show, but we really liked it. :) I think it fits the park and was a nice way to end the day.

happily ever after: A+ holy cow that show was more spectacular and visceral than I would have thought! saw it twice. :) bravo disney!

Disney Quest: for something that hasn't changed (in what, 20 years?) we still had a ton of fun. :) sure wish they could figure out how to keep it around. I'd stop by every single trip if it was more along the lines of $20 for 2-3 hours (and it wouldn't hurt to update some of the graphics from 1998 :P ). with magic band technology that should be possible. met a cast member (who was apparently filling in during breaks) on the top floor and then 20 minutes later on the bottom floor. he said he was the evil twin :teeth:

Fairly spot on review, I am a bit more critical, only giving NRJ a C and Happily ever after a B+. Good analysis all around.

That's a double rainbow. OMG.

I haven't heard anything about the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party having seats. So I assume it's just like the Illuminations Dessert Party and it's standing room only. That's a shame. I'd pay that much for the seat alone. The World of Color Dessert Party was so great and worth it (IMO) because of the chair.
The information we received from Disney specifically said "Guests will enjoy sweet treats, specialty beverages, and prime seating along World Showcase Lagoon" - I don't think they'd say that if seating wasn't going to be offered. :)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...after-dessert-party-at-epcots-world-showcase/

You know what? I'm a dummy. I read that as you trying to find where to watch them AT the resorts rather than were to get them at home.

Several years ago they released old cartoons on DVD, I think the series name was "Disney Classic Cartoon Favorites." There's 12 or so DVDs. I hunted them up and bought used copies off eBay. There are always a bunch listed. There is also a 4-disc series called "Funny Factory." We bought those as well, and I'm pretty sure there's no overlap in cartoons.
There was a series of cartoon shorts under the Disney Treasures title. They were packaged in a tin case. I own the complete series. They are only available on eBay or Amazon 3rd party. Some of the versions are quite expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter