News Round Up 2016

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to the all new News Round Up Thread for 2016. This is a continuation of the old thread. This thread is for sharing the smaller news stories that happen around WDW, construction updates, rumors, observations, etc.

I will keep a list of major things going on below.

1. Toy Story Land- set to start construction in January
2. Star Wars land- set to start construction in January
3. Frozen ever after- set to open this spring
4. Soarin refurb and third theater- closes Jan. 4th for Summer 2016 opening
5. Disney Springs makeover continues into late 2016
6. Toy Story Midway Mania third track set to open early 2016
7. Rivers of light- set to open spring 2016
8. Tiffins signature restuarant- set to open spring 2016
9. Nighttime Safaris- set to open spring 2016

This list will be updated as time goes on with things added and taken out.

Old News Round up here
http://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up.3301070/

Hello and welcome to the all new News Round Up Thread for 2016. This is a continuation of the old thread. This thread is for sharing the smaller news stories that happen around WDW, construction updates, rumors, observations, etc.

I will keep a list of major things going on below.

1. Toy Story Land- set to start construction in January
2. Star Wars land- set to start construction in January
3. Frozen ever after- set to open this spring
4. Soarin refurb and third theater- closes Jan. 4th for Summer 2016 opening
5. Disney Springs makeover continues into late 2016
6. Toy Story Midway Mania third track set to open early 2016
7. Rivers of light- set to open spring 2016
8. Tiffins signature restuarant- set to open spring 2016
9. Nighttime Safaris- set to open spring 2016

This list will be updated as time goes on with things added and taken out.

Old News Round up here
http://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up.3301070/
Any estimates on when you think TSMM will open?

Any estimates on when you think TSMM will open?
It was rumored to open at the end of 2015 but that didn't seems to happen. Mr. potato head is behind walls so I would imagine the queue rework is underway already. I can't see it taking a whole lot longer.

Happy New Year to everyone! With time off over the last few days I have been reading quite a bit for both work and relaxation and in doing so I stumbled across an interesting paragraph in another article that I thought I would share here for thoughts and opinion.

"With this entire area blocked off, MuppetVision 3D, Mama Melrose and Pizza Planet will be their own mini-land all by themselves. Converting Pizza Planet into a Muppet-themed quick service establishment and perhaps making a few thematic tweaks to Mama Melrose could turn what might be the final vestige of the Streets of America into Muppets Land, which would certainly suit this park's new direction a little better."​

What do you guys think about the odds of this happening?

Zero unless its a cheap overlay as a placeholder for 2 years until construction progress far enough to shut it down...

Zero unless its a cheap overlay as a placeholder for 2 years until construction progress far enough to shut it down...
Actually it's been talked about quite a bit that pizza planet and the small area around it will be a muppet mini land of sorts.

Actually it's been talked about quite a bit that pizza planet and the small area around it will be a muppet mini land of sorts.

But will it stay? Or is it a temporary overlay is the question. I thought it was still tentative that Muppet vision was going to stay around past Star Wars and Toy Story land openings.

But will it stay? Or is it a temporary overlay is the question. I thought it was still tentative that Muppet vision was going to stay around past Star Wars and Toy Story land openings.
It's all been dependent on the muppets TV show really which did ok but not how Disneys wanted.

It was tongue in cheek.
But the reality is every "news update" thread goes all over the place rather quickly.

I gotta start teaching you sarcasm, my friend...or teach you to not take me seriously.

That might be my resolution.
I understand sarcasm but that didn't seem sarcastic to me at all sorry.

Was your POR question serious or sarcasm as well. I though that was sarcasm for sure.

Was thinking a month-by-month thread might be easier to digest than a yearly thread but then I thought the better of it.

In for a penny, in for a pound ...

Just go for it, and thanks for all your effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!