Newly Reopened DLH- Here Now. Anyone have questions?

Bathroom looks the same.
I take this back. There is new wall paper in the bathrooms that is a medium blue- darker than before. I started to second guess myself on this feeing like the wall paper looked new and I remembered it being lighter. I went back and looked at some old photos I had and it is indeed new/darker.
The wall paper in the room also looks new (no marring/dings/marks etc) but if so it’s basically the same as the old. So IDK if they just cleaned things up well or actually replaced it all.

Hi! Thank you so much for answering all these awesome questions! Does the mini fridge have a freezer? And are the community microwaves in the lobbies available for use? We go next month. SUPER excited!!

In room is fridge only, no freezer compartment in it. I’m actually not sure about the microwave as I’ve never used them here before. Where is/was it located in Fantasy tower and I’ll check it out?

Congrats and break a leg for your daughter!
It’s true that the inside seating at Trader Sams does not start until 4pm. No reservations at any time. The outdoor lounge area opens at 11am. There is a Virtual Walk Up list you can join in the app or just regular walk up, though we haven’t tried either. Tangaroa is open all day.
Thank you so much for that info, pharmama! We have a reservation at 1:00 at Naples. I was thinking we could maybe do breakfast at Tangaroa via mobile and come back for a drink/appetizer before we head to the aiport around 4. Do you know how close you have to be to join the virtual walk up list?

Re: the gate- sounds like others have gotten more info about hours etc. I haven’t seen it closed yet but did notice that it had a key card reader on the outside (DTD side). I can’t tell from the questions above if people are concerned about getting locked out or what but if so it does seem like you’ll still be able to get in with your hotel key if it is closed. But even if you can’t it is an easy walk around to the front entrance (you would not need to go out a different DTD exit as mentioned above-there’s a walkway right before that gate that goes around to the front). I’ll admit I’m a little confused by the all the concern over the gate. Can someone help me understand?

I’m afraid I don’t have good intel on the construction. I am at the pool right now about 20’ from the construction walls and there’s nothing happening over there. I don’t know if that’s because it’s Saturday or because it’s 5:30pm(ish), though I didn’t hear anything when we were walking back to our room around 4 either. I don’t know if it’s safe to take away from that there won’t be work on weekends or after a certain time though as it might vary some?

Thank you! I was just curious. When I had watched a opening walk through video, it was my first time ever seeing the grounds. I noticed the gate and saw it looked open, but also spots for room keys. In my head I was just curious, why have a gate if it's just going to be left open lol..but not concerned about it at all.
Glad to hear that the construction hasn't been that noticible, some other videos had me a bit worried..

One other question, when booking, I had the option to book standard, deluxe, and pool. I understand fantasy tower is the only one open. Is it possible to view parks/fireworks out of the front of the hotel. Any idea if those are the deluxe rooms?

Thanks again for all the info!

In room is fridge only, no freezer compartment in it. I’m actually not sure about the microwave as I’ve never used them here before. Where is/was it located in Fantasy tower and I’ll check it out?
We have only stayed in frontier tower once, for one night. The microwave was in the lobby where the vending machines are. It was in a locked room that you had to scan your key card to enter with. I’m not sure where that would be for fantasy tower🤔 thanks for the information about the fridge!! Have a great time!

Thank you! I was just curious. When I had watched a opening walk through video, it was my first time ever seeing the grounds. I noticed the gate and saw it looked open, but also spots for room keys. In my head I was just curious, why have a gate if it's just going to be left open lol..but not concerned about it at all.
Glad to hear that the construction hasn't been that noticible, some other videos had me a bit worried..

One other question, when booking, I had the option to book standard, deluxe, and pool. I understand fantasy tower is the only one open. Is it possible to view parks/fireworks out of the front of the hotel. Any idea if those are the deluxe rooms?

Thanks again for all the info!
I’d bet they put in the gate during the closure to secure the hotel grounds more than just temp fencing/walls and figured it wouldn’t hurt in the long run either.

As far as the view, I think there are others here who have a better grasp of the various view levels but I can say that I booked deluxe view (because it was the only thing available- I booked within the last two weeks) and we are on the 5th floor with a pool view. I think the front side of the Fantasy tower wouldn’t have a great view of fireworks- too far to the side. I think the premium fireworks view rooms are only in the Adventure tower but I’m not 100% sure. The other “problem” with the front side of Fantasy tower is it really just overlooks parking so I don’t know that they can get away with it being considered too deluxe...

I know you said TS was hopping, but have you attempted to go? Was it chaos or did it appear to be manageable? We hope to make it our first stop when we arrive on Thursday as we won’t be going to the parks until Friday. The trips is our first one back since Feb 2020 and TS is, to quote Stacy from WDW, a “must do”, especially for my birthday weekend trip. There is no better way to turn 53 then a return to the DLR!
Thanks
Mike

I know you said TS was hopping, but have you attempted to go? Was it chaos or did it appear to be manageable? We hope to make it our first stop when we arrive on Thursday as we won’t be going to the parks until Friday. The trips is our first one back since Feb 2020 and TS is, to quote Stacy from WDW, a “must do”, especially for my birthday weekend trip. There is no better way to turn 53 then a return to the DLR!
Thanks
Mike
We did not attempt to go, sorry- it’s not really our thing (I’d go but no one else in my family is interested and I don’t want to go solo). But I know many locals have been eagerly awaiting its return and you don’t need a park reservation or anything to go so IDK how much to gauge on opening weekend anyway. I have noticed that the virtual walk up list has said the location was closed since I started looking around 5pm today. It’s definitely not closed so I’m wondering if that’s their way of shutting off the list if they’re already super busy?

Thank you so much for that info, pharmama! We have a reservation at 1:00 at Naples. I was thinking we could maybe do breakfast at Tangaroa via mobile and come back for a drink/appetizer before we head to the aiport around 4. Do you know how close you have to be to join the virtual walk up list?

Im not sure. I tried to check today after your post but it keeps saying the location isn’t open (which it is) so I think they are not using the virtual walk up list or have temporarily shut it off. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Im not sure. I tried to check today after your post but it keeps saying the location isn’t open (which it is) so I think they are not using the virtual walk up list or have temporarily shut it off. I’ll try again tomorrow.
Thanks again for your info and attempt to figure out the virtual walk up list, which is a new thing to me. But don't worry about it unless you happen to be nearby! You enjoy your trip. If I find out if/how it works when I'm there, I'll report back.

....But even if you can’t it is an easy walk around to the front entrance (you would not need to go out a different DTD exit as mentioned above-there’s a walkway right before that gate that goes around to the front). I’ll admit I’m a little confused by the all the concern over the gate. Can someone help me understand?
Thank you for clarification! I wasn't sure if the gate was 'before or after' that side path you mentioned along hotel tower. Glad to know you don't have to back track around DTD exit. Most of the concern was from us non-hotel guests who still enjoy visiting DLH from Downtown Disney for food or drinks, similar to visiting Grand with it's nice lobby to relax in- especially on hot days.

We have only stayed in frontier tower once, for one night. The microwave was in the lobby where the vending machines are. It was in a locked room that you had to scan your key card to enter with. I’m not sure where that would be for fantasy tower🤔 thanks for the information about the fridge!! Have a great time!

Sorry I was never able to find out the answer on this one. I walked around Fantasy tower a bit on the lobby level and didn't see anywhere one might be but didn't have time to check anywhere else.

Sorry I was never able to find out the answer on this one. I walked around Fantasy tower a bit on the lobby level and didn't see anywhere one might be but didn't have time to check anywhere else.
No worries!! I appreciate you looking. Hope you had a great trip!!

A last couple notes. There was only 4 of us but we tried to get a room with 2Q+ Daybed at checkin as my kids are not good at sharing a bed. Unfortunately they didn’t have one available but told us we could request a rollaway. We decided to just try it without the first night but it didn’t go well.
The second night we did call to see if we could get a rollaway and they told us they couldn’t send one as there wasn’t enough space in the room (I wouldn’t disagree- I didn’t know where we were going to put it but we were going to try and figure it out). That night also didn’t go very well so on Sunday I went downstairs in the am to ask if maybe there was a 2Q+Daybed available for our last night. At first they told me no but we could request a roll away. I told them what happened when we tried that the night before and then they were able to move us for the last night (though of course we had to move out of the room and put our bags at the bell desk while they got the new room ready).
They called to let me know the new room was ready at 1:15 while we were in line for Splash which worked out well as we got totally drenched on Splash and ended up wanting to go back and change (my shorts were still wet the next morning!!).
This was on the 4th of July and found this in our new room.
Not sure if they put them in all the rooms that day or only for new checkins but it was a nice touch :)

Ironically, our new room was right next to the old one (2306 vs 2308) and it was interesting how much larger the second room was. It had the daybed but also would have had plenty of room for a rollaway. The second room had the layout I’m used to with a dressing area outside the bathroom too. I think I’ve only had the other layout with smaller room and no dressing area once before.

So glad you had a great stay! Thanks for the heads up about the 2 queen with sleeper sofa. I was going to request the same for the 4 of us because my kids don’t do well sleeping in the same bed either! I’ll prep the youngest that they might have to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter