"Newbie" Lanyard/Key Card Questions

I've also seen at Office Depot or Staples a name tag/badge bracelet. It's that coiled plastic cord with a key ring and sleeve on it.

Did you buy the heavy duty card holders separatly?
Yes. I bought a 10 pack of the badge holders, heavy duty with zipper style closure for around $6. They come in a vertical or horizontal style & blue or red zipper closure color. There were many options to choose from. Typically the ones that come with the lanyards at stores are pretty flimsy and have ripped easily.

Yes. I bought a 10 pack of the badge holders, heavy duty with zipper style closure for around $6. They come in a vertical or horizontal style & blue or red zipper closure color. There were many options to choose from. Typically the ones that come with the lanyards at stores are pretty flimsy and have ripped easily.
Great info. Should I get horizontal or vertical? Thanks

If you drink beer, the lanyard is also a good place to carry your beer mug card (cardboard credit card size). You can exchange this for a 21/22 oz beer mug and pay the same prices as the regular 16 oz glass. When done with the beer, exchange the mug for another token. Save the token and bring back on future cruise(s).

If you drink beer, the lanyard is also a good place to carry your beer mug card (cardboard credit card size). You can exchange this for a 21/22 oz beer mug and pay the same prices as the regular 16 oz glass. When done with the beer, exchange the mug for another token. Save the token and bring back on future cruise(s).
How do you get a beer card?

I don't want anything hanging around my neck, especially a plastic lanyard! Talk about ruining an outfit!
I'll work it out with a wristlet or small purse. I know my husband won't wear a lanyard either. We're just not that type of traveler.

I don't want anything hanging around my neck, especially a plastic lanyard! Talk about ruining an outfit!
I'll work it out with a wristlet or small purse. I know my husband won't wear a lanyard either. We're just not that type of traveler.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

How do you get a beer card?

You can buy it ahead of time at https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/ or just go to a bar once onboard and purchase mug there. You just swap the mug for the card whenever you are done with your beer and don't want to haul the mug around.

Beer Mug Package
BEV BEER MUG PK

Carry this Disney Cruise Line-branded beer mug to any onboard bar and get a 21 oz. refill of beer for the price of a 16 oz. size! If you find the mug too heavy to carry while onboard, then take advantage of the beer mug token.

$14.95 USD

Gratuity and tax not included

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter