Newbie Here!!!

maurihart

Mouseketeer
OMG, SO happy to have found this amazing resource. We just booked a trip to WDW Oct 14-20th. We have 3 kids ~ 12, 9, 5 and DH and I have NEVER been to Disney and none of the kids have been either so needless to say we have LOTS to learn and lots of planning to do. I'm literally so excited I can barely stand it and we have two beach vacations scheduled between now and October. I can only think about WDW!! Any and all advice is welcome.

Welcome to the magical web site. You and your family will have a great time at Disney. You will gain a lot of valuable info from the people on the site. Just need info just ask someone will have an answer for you. Welcome.

HI, and welcome!!

You're going to have such a fabulous time!!! For many of us, planning is at least half the fun, so you'll be glad you found the Disboards.

first, some basics: Are you staying on site or off? If you're on, have you chosen to get one of the meal plans or not? You'll hear lots of opinions pro and con; it works well for my family.

Either way, consider doing a character meal or two. They're great opportunities for character interaction, pictures and autographs without the need for lines. Chef Mickey's is a good all around crowd pleaser. If you have any Princess fans in your group, consider Aukerhaus in Epcot (we like it for a late breakfast-- all familair foods) or 1900 Park Fare for dinner. If your little princess chooses to bring along her Halloween princess costume, she'll be one of about a third of the little girls there in costumes. (And wrinkles are no big deal, so don't sweat packing.)

Consider picking up WDW for Kids at the local bookstore or online. Have your kids go through it, choosing the rides and attractions that appeal to them. Anythign you're not sure of can be checked out on youtube for the scary-factor. Know going in that you won't see it all or do it all, so you'll have to pick and choose.

Oops, gotta run and get the troops up for school. Happy planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter