Newbie availibility question?

MomDad&2boys

Mouseketeer
We are trying to use up our developer's pts on an upcoming trip to Florida. We are not flexible on dates b/c our flights have already been booked. I was able to secure a reservation for Feb 12-Feb 15 at SSR in a 1bdr but sadly there was no availibility for the rest of our trip (until Feb 18) in either a 1brd or Studio. :( Are the chances good for a cancellation? I tried to get waitlisted but apparently you can't waitlist with developer pts.

I was so excited to make our first trip as DVC members but this is really putting a damper on my spirits. :(

Since February 16 is a national holiday (President's Day) it is unlikely you will have success. Typically there will be a long waitlist already in existence for this time period. You may want to book something on cash (if availability exists) so you have a room for your remaining night(s). Good luck!

I really doubt you will find Developer points availability at this late date for a holiday weekend. I think if it was me, I'd probably book a value or moderate for the remainder of the trip.

Thanks for the reality check. It helps me plan out the rest of my trip.

A couple of questions...

MS had a 1br available the night of the 16th. Can I call MS & book the 15th on cash then the 16th with pts & have all three reservations linked so I don't have to move rooms? Can MS offer the rate codes that are out there right now? Can they add the dining plan on the one night cash booking since I have an AP? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this. :)

Thanks for the reality check. It helps me plan out the rest of my trip.

A couple of questions...

MS had a 1br available the night of the 16th. Can I call MS & book the 15th on cash then the 16th with pts & have all three reservations linked so I don't have to move rooms? Can MS offer the rate codes that are out there right now? Can they add the dining plan on the one night cash booking since I have an AP? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this. :)

You can have all 3 reservations linked if you book the cash night through MS & you may even be able to get 25% member discount if you do and you probably will not have to change rooms.

MS does not have anything to do with rate codes for room discounts or AP room discounts - that is only if you book through CRO. MS may have 25% DVC member discount available for night you want if you book the cash night through them.

If you book the cash night through CRO you can inform them of your DVC reservations and notify MS same to hopefully avoid needing to change rooms but the probability that you will need to change rooms will be greater & if you book the night through CRO you'd still have to do check-out & check back in at front desk I believe regardless if they are noting these reservations connected but despite these things it may still be worth it to book through CRO instead of MS if you can get a better discount with your AP.

Im not sure about dining plan for the cash night if you book that through CRO. If you book cash night through MS you can.

It's a busy time but if it was me I'd do the back up plan you mention but still check in with a call to MS everyday because you never know, there could be a cancellation and you may be able to get that night on points and have one seamless reservation.

:goodvibes Best wishes, hope it all works out for you.

If you have the cash reservatio through CRO instead of MS, you will have to check out and check in again and may have to move. Plus your dining plan will start and end at the beginning of each new reservation. It won't be seamless. But a cash reservation through MS will be treated just like a points reservation and will be set up as one continuous reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter