Newbie at Food and Wine

wildernessfamily

Mouseketeer
We are just doing a day trip to the Food and Wine festival. We will not have wrist bands. I have a question. How do you pay for the food at the booths? Are there cash registers? slide machines? Any tips you can give us to make our days more fun? I heard there are not enough tables and it can get really crowded. We are traveling with an older adult with Alzheimer's, is there a more "relaxed" area. We are not able to take part in seminars, just the market place. Thank You

Hi there, just returned from a first time at Food & Wine. Each booth had cash registers and I paid cash at a lot of booths and it was no problem at all. I also got one of their Food and Wine gift cards and used that as well.

It does get crowded for sure but we were always able to find little corners to sit on a stone wall or bench and take a break. Even if you aren't doing seminars the festival center is good to check out. There's some merch and it's air conditioned and they have a little cafe was well as some benches round too.

Thank you so much. Where did you get a Food and Wine gift card? Is that pre paid? where you put say $50.00 on it? That would be so much better than digging for cash each time. Thanks again.

All the usual forms of payment are accepted - cash, credit cards, gift cards, debit cards, MB for those staying onsite. There is a F&W themed gift card with a wrist coil available at many locations in Epcot. It's a regular Disney GC so it can be used throughout Disney World if you have money left on it. Minimum for this wrist GC is $15, the same as any Disney GC.

If possible, I would recommend avoiding Friday nights and Saturdays because it gets very crowded with locals. We usually start at 11 AM when World Showcase opens and have lunch at the booths.

There is a lot of information in the first page of the F&W thread. Then, if you start at the end of the thread you'll find the most recent information:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...stival-september-14-november-14-2016.3518694/

The Disney Food Blog also has a lot of information:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter