New Year's Eye, MK vs EPCOT?

beamreach

Earning My Ears
Any thoughts would be much appreciated, pros/cons/recommendations. We currently have both VGF and BCV booked, trying to decide!

Depends on whether you want to be around the nostalgia side of things (MK for that one), or if you want a good food, drink and party atmosphere (EPCOT obviously). I love MK as an original WDW traveler, but, i think I might lean towards EPCOT in this scenario.

They're both going to be insane crowd wise. My family will be at WDW for New Years as well and are skipping the parks and staying at our resort (Saratoga) because the parks will be a madhouse. If given the choice, I would go with Epcot since it's a larger park that can control crowds better (not like it helps on New Years). Epcot does have more of a party atmosphere though. One year when my family went to Epcot on New Years we saw A LOT of drunk people wandering around the park and the Boardwalk/Beach Club area.

Thoughts as in what regards?
Where to go when? Which to go to? What is better?
We do both and have been for several years, only missing the year they did nothing for NYE (2020)
It's our very favorite day in the entire year at Disney. It's a huge blast and the best fireworks ever.
We go to MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st.
MK does their fireworks shows on both the 30th and 31st (at Midnight)
Epcot does theirs only on the 31st.
Epcot has a slightly bigger and more elaborate party on the 31st than MK (but not by much), with more going on throughout the WS, and even some things in FW
We only stay at resorts where we can walk back on each night, which means we move resorts on the 31st.

With the Park Pass system in place, neither park is going to be "sardine" levels of crowded, though they'll still be very very busy.

You did book the perfect resorts to stay at, basically walking back from the festivities.

If I had this choice, I'd go with MK, but that's just because I like the nostalgia factor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter