New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

Pollyanna - How are you getting that nice shade of pink for your posts?

Highlight the text you want to color, and click the paint drop, just like you normally would, but instead of selecting one of the squares, type the hex code below:

(I usually end up bolding it as well, because sometimes the lighter colors are hard to see otherwise.)

Highlight the text you want to color, and click the paint drop, just like you normally would, but instead of selecting one of the squares, type the hex code below:

View attachment 645239

(I usually end up bolding it as well, because sometimes the lighter colors are hard to see otherwise.)
WHAT MAGIC YOU MAKE!pixiedust:Thank you! How did you figure out the code for the color?

Long weekend! I worked a couple+ hours late on Friday then helped out at another school for over six hours Saturday. I've been asked to be a mentor and we needed to get her up and running! She's feeling much better about her work space now. Step one to success!!

The workers were in our house until 8:00 PM Saturday, but it is done!!!!!!! Today DH and I put together a couple Ikea cabinets and were basically doing this and that in the room. One little snafu in our plans that's prevented us from getting more done, but we'll get there.

Just visited with DS2 in New York and he said starting tomorrow visitors will be allowed on campus. We'll be able to see his senior recital!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow I'll book flights/hotel. He was able to pick a date that works with my spring break so no need to miss work.

Happy Motivation Monday All

"Presence, gratitude and creative, energetic problem solving! "

I don't see February thread so I am going to post here. Maybe we could change the title and carry on with it @Summer2018?

For motivation Monday - I wish you having tons of it and don't need to worry, but just in case you have a moment or two where you feel you need something extra - what can you do today to make your week easier? Are there any challanges, you need to figure out ahead of the week?

For motivation Monday - I wish you having tons of it and don't need to worry, but just in case you have a moment or two where you feel you need something extra - what can you do today to make your week easier? Are there any challanges, you need to figure out ahead of the week?

I am motivated by the way I feel. I know I have gained weight back but I haven't gotten on the scale to see how much. I have a doctors appointment today so I will know today. I feel like I have gained all 10 pounds back.

What I can do to make the week easier -- Not sure. Maybe some time during the day to just relax. I haven't taken a lunch in a long time and I think if I get back to this it will help.

My Challenges -- DD. She is sucking the energy out of me. Also, I haven't been feeling the great. It would not surprise me if I have an ear infection and a sinus infection. My ear has been getting worse over the last couple of days and my sinuses have been horrible for a few weeks. I have just been trying to ignore it. I am actually going to get my hip looked at. It has been hurting but only in certain positions. I wasn't worried about it until my mom told me my grandpa's hip was hurting and he refused to get it looked at until he couldn't walk. He had cancer and died maybe a year later. So even though a am certain it is the tendon or muscle I am getting it checked to make sure I am good. While there I will have them check my sinuses and ears.

Challenges-lunch with friends at book club tomorrow. Pizza and probably a fabulous dessert. I want to limit myself to just one slice and will ask to take my dessert home. Then I can give it to my husband! I am really feeling motivated right now and hate to slow things down.
I am feeling pretty good about my meal planning otherwise. Today is pasta so have a low point lunch planned.
Have a great day, everyone!

Happy Monday!

My motivation this week? The pound I lost last week was a pound I gained last week, so I am now behind in my pre-vacation weight loss goal for the month. I want to drop a few pounds to be feeling better, so I need to get going.

Something else that didn't happen last week was getting out for walks and getting my step count up. I did finally get to the beach for a walk Saturday morning and quickly realized my left hip is not working correctly. I know why, it's from sitting sideways on the sofa when I watch TV. Need to get this resolved before vacation, so I've been more careful about how I'm sitting and I got the roller out last evening and used it to break things up a bit. I have a massage tomorrow, so I'll have her work on it, and getting out and moving consistently will help. Plus I'll have the chiropractor work on it during next week's appointment.

My other motivation this week is that I got some beef gelatin to add to drinks/soups, which is high in collagen and should help boost general health. I'm determined to make it a new habit this week.

As for making the week better, I'm sticking with my list of three things I have to do each day because that worked really well last week.

Maybe some time during the day to just relax. I haven't taken a lunch in a long time and I think if I get back to this it will help.

Do it. It's so hard, I would say it's impossible to keep giving and caring for everyone else if you are completely drained and not feel well yourself. I am sorry you are going through some stressful time, being parent can be such hard job

This week is all about organization for me. I start two new Zoon classes, so they'll give some structure to my weekly schedule that has been lacking lately.

I have been missing/lacking structure myself. I am reading on energy pacing to try to get to the bottom of my energy booms and busts and structure is apparently something that energy likes a lot & is helpful to build it up

Challenges-lunch with friends at book club tomorrow. Pizza and probably a fabulous dessert. I want to limit myself to just one slice and will ask to take my dessert home. Then I can give it to my husband! I am really feeling motivated right now and hate to slow things down.
I am feeling pretty good about my meal planning otherwise. Today is pasta so have a low point lunch planned.
Have a great day, everyone!

you need to tell me little more about your favorite meals and meal planning! :) Well done for your success so far

I know why, it's from sitting sideways on the sofa when I watch TV. Need to get this resolved before vacation, so I've been more careful about how I'm sitting and I got the roller out last evening and used it to break things up a bit.

Strongly I think the way our living room furniture is is contributing to my poor energy. I had idea to rearrange thigs this morning and while i don't want to be spending money on new furniture right now, I need to be settled/comofortable sitting in the evening. Hope you figure out the issue and get it sorted before your vacation

you need to tell me little more about your favorite meals and meal planning! :) Well done for your success so far
I have been following your template- one night meatless (crustless broccoli quiche, oven omelette) pasta (spaghetti, Cooking Light Ziti) soup (vegetable soup with turkey meatballs, chicken and wild rice). Something to roast or grill. Then we have leftovers. When I shop or look for recipes I keep these categories in mind. It really has made meal planning easier!

We got to the beach late today-around 6:30 so went to a local restaurant for dinner. It ended up being seafood night-1/2lb steamed shrimp and a salad. I brought groceries so I have the three dinners planned.
Woohoo-it feels good to get away for a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter