New Work at Home Business

BeachBaby310

It's ok to be crazy just don't let it drive you nu
I just started a new work at home business with no start up costs and a free website.
:thumbsup2 :sunny: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I saw the other threads about snag a job and the phone rep threads etc. I just thought this was another opportunity to make extra money for Disney. Didn't mean to offend.

As long as you aren't getting money for advertising you can post sites.

You can't post a site and use your referral code. Example: I do a program called Treasure Trooper. I can give info on that site, but I can't post my referral code to a thread because I earn money when someone joins.

Did that make sense?

From the "Guidelines for Posting" FAQ

5. ADVERTISING: The only commercial advertising permitted on these boards, are those that are contracted through the site. Any posts that are deemed as advertising for a commercial interest will be deleted. Commercial advertising is considered to be any individual posting for the purpose of promoting a for profit organization not directly affiliated with the DIS. Visitors are free to share their experiences with various companies, but anything considered advertising will be deleted and the user will lose posting privileges without discussion.

I think providing a link to your own home business would violate these terms. I'm sure the moderators will weigh in with the official decision.

Isn't that what I said? If you aren't making money off the posting, it's OK. If you ARE making money, you can't.

I posted to clairify when one could post websites.

It is OK to post job opportunities, but it is NOT ok to profit from listing them.

DisneyGirl4188 said:
I posted to clarify when one could post websites.
I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the OP's post was okay.

Yes, it is fine to post a link to a site that you have no financial interest in. I've done that many times.

I'm sorry if I caused a problem. It was just an idea to help make money to get to Disney. I'm always looking for new ideas.

:surfweb:

BeachBaby310 said:
It was just an idea to help make money to get to Disney. I'm always looking for new ideas.
Certainly nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, it just isn't okay to advertise it here.

I was just trying to share an opportunity with other Disers. Go Dis :cheer2: Go Dis :cheer2: Go Dis :cheer2:

disneysteve said:
I think providing a link to your own home business would violate these terms. I'm sure the moderators will weigh in with the official decision.
You're correct in your interpretation of the posting guidelines, Steve.

While we encourage DISers to share their experiences with various ways to make money for their WDW trips, we cannot allow self-promotion or linking to commercial sites where the poster has a financial interest. That would be free advertising and there are commercial clients who pay to place their ads on the DIS. Allowing posters to place links to commercial sites in their posts or signatures would not be fair to paying advertisers.

Not trying to :stir: trouble , but we also have someone who sells gift baskets and another who just authored a book on the community board.

In terms of financial interest, aren't these all the same?

If you see a post that you feel violates the posting guidelines (such as advertising a business), you can report the post to the moderators for that board either by sending them a PM or by clicking on the red & white triangle with the exclamation point located in the lower left corner of the questionable post.

grlpwrd said:
Not trying to :stir: trouble , but we also have someone who sells gift baskets and another who just authored a book on the community board.

I know both posters you are referring too. The gift basket person doesn't advertise on the DIS. Its her CUSTOMERS from here that do by raving about the baskets. LOL So, since the customer isn't profiting, its allowed.

The author....well I've wondered about that one. Since the book photo is in her siggy....and she has been posting about book signings. hmmmmm popcorn::

grlpwrd said:

the lady that sells the gift baskets does not post the link to her site and is pretty much promoted by other dis'ers as a great service.

Wondering if anyone (or the OP) who posted in the "FREE JEWELRY" topic is making money off of DISers who have clicked on the free jewelry link?! It's the link to the silverjewelryclub.com --- you can sign up to be an affiliate, earning money for every person who orders jewelry off of your link.

flagdaytwins said:
Wondering if anyone (or the OP) who posted in the "FREE JEWELRY" topic is making money off of DISers who have clicked on the free jewelry link?! It's the link to the silverjewelryclub.com --- you can sign up to be an affiliate, earning money for every person who orders jewelry off of your link.
Pretty sure the original link that included the referral was removed right away... it was replaced with a link to the main website.

I was just trying to let other Disers know about an opportunity to save up money for Disney. There are threads on this board about make $70 in 5 hours, customer service agents from home, silver jewelry business, home based disney travel agent. I don't know anything about the gift basket lady. I truly was just trying to help. :confused3

BeachBaby310 said:
I was just trying to let other Disers know about an opportunity to save up money for Disney. There are threads on this board about make $70 in 5 hours, customer service agents from home, silver jewelry business, home based disney travel agent. I don't know anything about the gift basket lady. I truly was just trying to help. :confused3
Nobody is upset with you. You weren't aware of the rule. No harm done.

As for the other threads, the people who started those threads aren't getting any financial benefit by recommending the businesses. They are just satisfied customers passing along the info.

Here's an example. I recently started a thread to tell people about savingadvice.com. I have nothing to do with the site. If, however, I owned the site or got a commission for referring people there, it would not be appropriate for me to come here and try and drum up business.

SplshMtn99 said:
I know both posters you are referring too. The gift basket person doesn't advertise on the DIS. Its her CUSTOMERS from here that do by raving about the baskets. LOL So, since the customer isn't profiting, its allowed.

The author....well I've wondered about that one. Since the book photo is in her siggy....and she has been posting about book signings. hmmmmm popcorn::

Well, even if the gift basket person doesn't have a link to her site, both people have pictures in their signatures of their products. To me that is still advertising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter