New Virtual World-Pixie Hollow-Create a Fairy!

thought it might take the place of vmk, but within the last week there have been some big changes. Now when you want to play on of the mini-games, you are redirected to another sign in at another site. Very odd, lots of advertisements, and then redirected to another with another sign in at disney xd. Earning credits for dumb things for your desktop in the site. Three sign-ins, advertisements and redirections, that makes me uncomfortable about my kids even being on the site at all. Too much information in too many places. I will not let them use the disney site because of this now. The direction isn't necessarily with the game, but with all the other ways to get your money.

Another New York Times article talks about Disney Online, complete with quotes from some of our favorite players. ;) They're expanding mobile content, and adding some exclusives for Pixie Hollow by accessing via the mobile site.

Sounds fun, but I don't know of many kids in the target age with cellphones- especially ones with free access to the web. "Hey mom! Can i borrow your phone for a second?"

I created my fairy a couple months ago. I just wish that I could make her do tricks and stuff. It was fun creating her while it lasted.

Another New York Times article talks about Disney Online, complete with quotes from some of our favorite players. ;) They're expanding mobile content, and adding some exclusives for Pixie Hollow by accessing via the mobile site.

Sounds fun, but I don't know of many kids in the target age with cellphones- especially ones with free access to the web. "Hey mom! Can i borrow your phone for a second?"

interesting article and I agree, looks like they are missing it again huh.

hey I know a place they could have advertised camp rock on ... oh yeah nevermind @_@

They need to get rid of the cast of characters at DIG, they obviously don't have a clue
“I’m going to want to use my phone to feed and love my butterfly all the time,” said Larry Shapiro, executive vice president for mobile content. “That kind of emotional vesting is what we’re after
They already had that emotional investment in VMK ... I don't see anyone putting that kind of emotion into making a butterfly .. give me a break!!!

The LA Times had yet another article about Fairies last week with a cute promo video. Seems like they're fairly close to launch.

There are a few changes/clarifications since I last heard about the game. You don't need to buy any toys to access the world- it will be set up like most VWs nowadays with a free/pay option. The toys will unlock exclusive clothing and items. It's a pretty cool technology they've come across- lots of options for cross-promotion and keeping everyone engaged in the game. They're really relying on having lots of kiddies buy these toys for it all to work right though!

What's really interesting is that the game was contracted out. There was all sorts of reorganizing going on at WDIG (err DIMG) and they said a big part of that was to do all they can in-house. :confused3

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I still don't like how gender-specific this game is. Sure, most little boys would be drawn to Cars over this game, but why exclude them altogether? In all the promo materials, they say "for girls!" 20 times, and there doesn't seem to be a boy fairy avatar. What's the deal, Disney?

I'd rather play vmk any other day then be a pixie. What's the fun in that? Disney should have stuck with vmk. They had more people play that then pixie hollow and pirates combined. VMK was a whole lot better.

Are there guy fairies yet? haha..

Ev
LOL Evoulie.

I know I am a guy and all but I made one just to see what it was like LOL.
It's neat, I think it's a lot like VMK, the chatting and all.

Not a lot to do though at the current time for me but for girls I am sure it's what those fairy lovers dreamed of! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter