New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

Some resorts have extremely long hallways, such as Boardwalk Inn/Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas. It can be a 1/2 mile walk from the check-in desk to your room. And these are internal hallways, so there may be no vehicles that can take you to your room.

Right, then you make other arrangements. This is not a "I can never go back to WDW every again" scenario that some people are making it out to be. You can still rent and ECV and have it delivered, even if you might have to wait a bit for them to drop it off. Or you can rent one at home and bring it with you, etc. There are other options, this is just loosing a big convenience but does not make it impossible. Of course some people will be upset, that is OK. But we need to keep this in perspective. Are we really that worked up over having to meet the vendor for your ECV while on a WDW vacation? Life is soooo hard. :rolleyes2

I wonder if scooterbug is planning on getting more sizes wheelchairs. You can scroll through pages, but they are all 20 or 24 inches. So you can get a 20 or a 24 or a 20 or a 24, you can scroll forever, that's the choices. Seems odd to have additional pages with no additional choices.

I just checked on Scooter Bug websit e. I went further down the list of accessories". They are renting a " backup battery" for $25. If their batteries lasted "All day" there would be no reason to have back up batteries for rent. Just my opinion.
This morning the extra battery wasn't even listed. If I was renting in the next few weeks I'd call.

Some of the rental scooters come with 2 batteries, both hooked up. Gives you longer range. When I look the accessory is listed as battery, not backup battery.

I think their site is being updated as we look.

edited the need for an additional battery could be weight related. A customer near the maximum weight limit of the scooter, planning to go all day without charging, planning on going to locations with hills (like AK) might need the extra battery. Gold Mobility told me their scooters can generally go the entire day without charging BUT guests who use the scooter in the AK may need to charge.

I've rented scooters at Disney for the past eight years. When ordering a scooter, they ask the person who is using the scooter, their weight. I always thought they rented them based on users weight, if you were\are over a certain weight you needed A "heavier" scoot er.

I wonder if scooterbug is planning on getting more sizes wheelchairs. You can scroll through pages, but they are all 20 or 24 inches. So you can get a 20 or a 24 or a 20 or a 24, you can scroll forever, that's the choices. Seems odd to have additional pages with no additional choices.
I think it's a function of their webdesign tool.
They may think offering a small and large wheelchair meets the needs of their customers. Why don't you call? Explain why you'd like them to offer a 22" chair. If they only want to offer 2 sizes do you think most people would want the small chair to be 20" or 22"?

I've rented scooters at Disney for the past eight years. When ordering a scooter, they ask the person who is using the scooter, their weight. I always thought they rented them based on users weight, if you were\are over a certain weight you needed A "heavier" scoot er.
and if you're closer to the maximum weight of that scooter your battery life will be less. That's why some renters go up a size.

I understand, but there can be multiple reasons for wanting or sometimes actually needing to use a specific company, and the only reason we know about this change that hasn’t even been announced yet is because we are on these forums or Facebook. Someone like my husband would have no notice and no time to react to try to change providers, which I will not be doing. Worst case scenario, the scooter will be left on property by itself whether or not Disney wants to take ownership of it.

I found out about this entire thing from Gold.

I think it's a function of their webdesign tool.
They may think offering a small and large wheelchair meets the needs of their customers. Why don't you call? Explain why you'd like them to offer a 22" chair. If they only want to offer 2 sizes do you think most people would want the small chair to be 20" or 22"?

I’d think a 22 inch manual wheelchair would be better than a 24 inch because, the larger the seat size, the larger the overall width. Plus I wouldn’t mind if I had to rent a manual, that the armrests can come off for easier self-pushing.

I agree some people need a mobility aid their entire stay. That said your 1/2 mile number is an exaggeration. Requesting a room close to the lobby for medical reasons is a reasonable request, not guaranteed.

I'll agree a person staying at BWV or AKL might need a mobility aid around their resort, a guest staying at the Contemporary might not.
I rechecked, and I was a little off. It's a 2,500 foot walk (a little less than 1/2 mile) from the lobby of Animal Kingdom Villas to the main lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. According to the Disney Parks Moms panel, the farthest walk at Animal Kingdom Villas from a room to the bus stop is 1/3 mile. Still quite the distance. I did it once, and it's difficult for someone with mobility problems.

Those are my concerns too. I'm wondering if they will be changing their offerings.
They currently show no images and have no details for Orlando, but list four ECV models, two wheelchairs, and nine strollers. Anaheim lists one ECV, two wheelchairs, and two strollers - again, no images or details. of

Las Vegas shows four ECVs, one stroller, two wheelchairs. The two larger ECVs have up to 25 mile ranges. A third lasts up to 9.5 hours on a charge. Only the smallest one indicates just 5-6 hours.

I’d think a 22 inch manual wheelchair would be better than a 24 inch because, the larger the seat size, the larger the overall width. Plus I wouldn’t mind if I had to rent a manual, that the armrests can come off for easier self-pushing.
You want to be able to accommodate the most customers smartly. Twenty and 22 inches are too close in size.
I rechecked, and I was a little off. It's a 2,500 foot walk (a little less than 1/2 mile) from the lobby of Animal Kingdom Villas to the main lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Ah, if only Disney provided bus service between the two buildings ;)

You want to be able to accommodate the most customers smartly. Twenty and 22 inches are too close in size.

True, but that was not the main point of my posts. My point was for the posters questioning how people need to use wheelchairs or ECV's at Disney World when they don't need them on a regular basis at home. For some hotels, you could be walking very long distances compared to your normal home routine.

Thank you, everyone. I enjoy reading all of your experiences.

Excuse me if the following has been shown already, Here is info from dvcfan:

What We Know: Disney’s New Resort Delivery Restrictions

UPDATE 9/30/19: Being reported late Sunday, ScooterBug Mobility Rentals has been named the exclusive ECV/Scooter and stroller rental company of Walt Disney World. Those utilizing this company for their rentals will not be affected by these new restrictions.

At this point based on these statements, it does appear that the changes are only affecting scooter and stroller rental deliveries. DVC Members utilizing owners lockers and grocery delivery do not need to worry at this time.

https://dvcfan.com/2019/09/30/what-...mail&utm_term=0_01606ee371-eeabaa1af5-9575693

What We Know: Disney’s New Resort Delivery Restrictions
September 30, 2019 Paul Krieger 2600 Views 2 Comments disney vacation club, DVC, DVC Resorts, dvcfan
As reported by The DIS on Friday, Disney is in the process of updating their outside vendor delivery policies and procedures across the Walt Disney World Resort. With the potential effects of this change being quite significant for Disney Vacation Club Members, this news instantly became quite the buzz on the DVC Fan Facebook Group, as well as over on DISboards.com.
With a few days having passed since the announcement, we wanted to update everyone on what we know thus far regarding each service category these changes affect:
Stroller Rentals
DIS sponsor, Orlando Stroller Rentals, posted the following update on their Facebook Page on Friday:
“Walt Disney World has changed their policy for their stroller rental vendors. If you placed your reservation prior to November 2nd for travel before OR after November 2nd, your stroller will be waiting for you in your Walt Disney World Resort’s luggage room. You may also return your stroller to the luggage room on your last day without meeting us. No change is needed.
Starting in October, we are very excited to say that our customers will be able to pick up and return their strollers to and from the Orlando International Airport. The pick-up and return counter will be on level B1 of the airport, which is the same level as Disney’s Magical Express. Therefore, customers will have a few options where we can best meet their stroller needs. They will be able to choose:

• Orlando International Airport (MCO) more details soon
  • Orlando Stroller Rentals store, located at 3232 Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee just minutes away from Animal Kingdom
  • Delivery to and pick up from your Walt Disney World Resort’s luggage room. (Then starting November 2nd, any new orders placed for future travel will need to be a meet and greet at your hotel if you do not select one of the first two options).”
ECV / Scooter Rentals
Another DIS sponsor, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, had this to say regarding how the changes will affect their business:
Buena Vista Scooter & Stroller Rentals

Owner’s Lockers
According to a Facebook post on Saturday by Owner’s Locker, locker deliveries will not be affected by these new restrictions and will continue to be delivered and picked-up as usual.
Grocery Delivery
Local delivery company, Garden Grocer, appears to have a little more information regarding these new changes. In a Facebook post, they suggest that the recent change only affects scooter and stroller companies due to a new mobility vendor agreement Disney has made.
Garden Grocer Inc.

UPDATE 9/30/19: Being reported late Sunday, ScooterBug Mobility Rentals has been named the exclusive ECV/Scooter and stroller rental company of Walt Disney World. Those utilizing this company for their rentals will not be affected by these new restrictions.
At this point based on these statements, it does appear that the changes are only affecting scooter and stroller rental deliveries. DVC Members utilizing owners lockers and grocery delivery do not need to worry at this time.

"
As reported by The DIS on Friday, Disney is in the process of updating their outside vendor delivery policies and procedures across the Walt Disney World Resort. With the potential effects of this change being quite significant for Disney Vacation Club Members, this news instantly became quite the buzz on the DVC Fan Facebook Group, as well as over on DISboards.com.

With a few days having passed since the announcement, we wanted to update everyone on what we know thus far regarding each service category these changes affect:

Stroller Rentals

DIS sponsor, Orlando Stroller Rentals, posted the following update on their Facebook Page on Friday:

“Walt Disney World has changed their policy for their stroller rental vendors. If you placed your reservation prior to November 2nd for travel before OR after November 2nd, your stroller will be waiting for you in your Walt Disney World Resort’s luggage room. You may also return your stroller to the luggage room on your last day without meeting us. No change is needed.

Starting in October, we are very excited to say that our customers will be able to pick up and return their strollers to and from the Orlando International Airport. The pick-up and return counter will be on level B1 of the airport, which is the same level as Disney’s Magical Express. Therefore, customers will have a few options where we can best meet their stroller needs. They will be able to choose:

• Orlando International Airport (MCO) more details soon
  • Orlando Stroller Rentals store, located at 3232 Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee just minutes away from Animal Kingdom
  • Delivery to and pick up from your Walt Disney World Resort’s luggage room. (Then starting November 2nd, any new orders placed for future travel will need to be a meet and greet at your hotel if you do not select one of the first two options).”
ECV / Scooter Rentals

Another DIS sponsor, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, had this to say regarding how the changes will affect their business: "

Capture1.jpg

"
Owner’s Lockers

According to a Facebook post on Saturday by Owner’s Locker, locker deliveries will not be affected by these new restrictions and will continue to be delivered and picked-up as usual.

Grocery Delivery

Local delivery company, Garden Grocer, appears to have a little more information regarding these new changes. In a Facebook post, they suggest that the recent change only affects scooter and stroller companies due to a new mobility vendor agreement Disney has made."

garden-grocer.jpg

I’m reposting the link to Disney’s website I posted yesterday. I think it’s back on page 9.
Scooterbug is the new Featured Provider.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/wheelchair-rentals/
This is what Disney’s website says about grandfathered reservations:
»Disney Resort hotel Cast will continue to manage equipment deliveries and returns for reservations made on or before September 30, 2019 with the following vendors: Apple Scooter, Best Price Scooters and Strollers, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, Kingdom Strollers, Magic Strollers and Orlando Stroller Rentals »

I was curious about Scooterbug and what they are offering as Disney's only mobility provider that is allowed to leave mobility devices at WDW Bell Services instead of having to meet a provider.

I don't need these services since I always bring my own electric wheelchair.

Excuse me if the following has been shown already, Here is info from Scooterbug:

https://scooterbug.com/orlando/

Edit:
I just took all of this information, photo, descriptions, and price from their website from my computer. Hopefully, they will add more information in the days to come. I really would like to be able to read specific make of all of their mobility devices. I really would like to be able to read specific dimensions of all of their mobility devices. I really would like to be able to read the specific maximum weight limit of all of their mobility devices.

I have been Googling mobility scooters several websites in order to compare these with the photos.

scooter_resortecv.png

ECV RESORT

The Resort ECV is a full-sized, three-wheeled electric scooter that makes getting around simple and worry-free. For added convenience, this ECV includes an onboard USB charger.

Choose accessories at checkout

acc-scooters.png

lite.png

Total Rental Price excluding taxes
$ 501 Day
$ 602 Days
$ 903 Days
$ 1104 Days
$ 1305 Days
$ 1476 Days
$ 1617 Days
$ 1898-9 Days
$ 22010-11 Days
$ 24812-13 Days
$ 28814-15 Days

***********************************************************************************************

scooter_2.png

ECV RESORT PLUS

Our most popular electric scooter strikes the balance of range and capacity.

$ 601 Day
$ 802 Days
$ 1113 Days
$ 1364 Days
$ 1555 Days
$ 1746 Days
$ 1897 Days
$ 2168-9 Days
$ 25310-11 Days
$ 28612-13 Days
$ 34014-15 Days

******************************************************************************************

scooter_1.png

ECV RESORT LITE

On the go? This portable four-wheeled electric scooter is designed for lightweight travel. When disassembled this ECV can be transported in vehicles, heaviest piece is 44 lbs.

$ 501 Day
$ 602 Days
$ 853 Days
$ 1054 Days
$ 1205 Days
$ 1356 Days
$ 1507 Days
$ 1658-9 Days
$ 17510-11 Days
$ 19512-13 Days
$ 22414-15 Days

Wheelchairs-1.png

WHEELCHAIR 20" LITE

Prepare for an effortless ride in our highly portable wheelchair that features a comfortable seat backed by breathable mesh.

Choose accessories at checkout

acc-whc.png

$ 401-3 Days
$ 504-5 Days
$ 606-7 Days
$ 708-9 Days
$ 8010-11 Days
$ 9012-13 Days
$ 10014-15 Days

Wheelchairs-2.png

WHEELCHAIR 24" EXTRA WIDE

The comfortable, extra-wide 24-inch breathable mesh seat and durable steel frame make this wheelchair the choice for larger capacity needs.

$ 451-3 Days
$ 554-5 Days
$ 656-7 Days
$ 758-9 Days
$ 8510-11 Days
$ 9512-13 Days
$ 10514-15 Days

************************************************************************************

freedom-push.png

STROLLER FREEDOM PUSH SPECIAL NEEDS

The Freedom Push Chair provides a comfy ride for larger children and small adults with special needs. The Push Chair is designed with sleek appeal and is suited for theme parks, rough terrain or a fun day at the beach.

$ 851-3 Days
$ 954-5 Days
$ 1056-7 Days
$ 1158-9 Days
$ 12510-11 Days
$ 135

*************************************************************************************

stroller-lite-d.jpg

STROLLER SINGLE LITE

Breathable mesh seat, easy folding mechanism, and lightweight construction makes this stroller an easy choice for your active trip schedule.

$ 301-3 Days
$ 354-5 Days
$ 406-7 Days
$ 458-9 Days
$ 5010-11 Days
$ 5512-13 Days
$ 6014-15 Days

***********************************************************************************

Strollers-1.png

STROLLER SINGLE PRO

Cruise freely with this lightweight stroller that offers a fully-reclining, one-handed quick-fold, UV 50+ ventilated canopy and generous storage.

$ 351-3 Days
$ 454-5 Days
$ 556-7 Days
$ 658-9 Days
$ 7510-11 Days
$ 8512-13 Days
$ 9514-15 Days

city-mini-d.png

STROLLER CITY MINI 2 SINGLE

The City Mini 2 helps make getting around with your little one even easier. This stroller is lightweight, compact and nimble.

$ 401-3 Days
$ 504-5 Days
$ 606-7 Days
$ 708-9 Days
$ 8010-11 Days
$ 9012-13 Days
$ 10014-15 Days

**********************************************************************************

bob-rev-d.png

STROLLER BOB REVOLUTION FLEX 3.0 STROLLER

Ideal for a relaxed stroll or jogging on rough terrain. Easily maneuver tight turns with swivel-locking front wheels. Plus, the adjustable padded handlebar offers 9 positions suited for parents of all heights.

$ 451-3 Days
$ 554-5 Days
$ 656-7 Days
$ 758-9 Days
$ 8510-11 Days
$ 9512-13 Days
$ 10514-15 Days

city-double-d.png

STROLLER CITY MINI DOUBLE

Need a stroller for two? The City Mini Double offers swift maneuverability with one-handed steering. Plus, the City Mini provides easy and compact stowing, as the Fold Lift strap is simple and handsfree to use

$ 501-3 Days
$ 604-5 Days
$ 706-7 Days
$ 808-9 Days
$ 9010-11 Days
$ 10012-13 Days
$ 11014-15 Days

flex-dualie-d.png

STROLLER DOUBLE BOB REVOLUTION FLEX 3.0

This double stroller is ideal for a relaxed stroll or jogging on rough terrain. Easily maneuver tight turns with swivel-locking front wheels. Plus, the adjustable padded handlebar offers 9 positions suited for parents of all heights.

ORLANDO’S ONE AND ONLY MOBILITY PROVIDERConvenient, Onsite and Ready to Go

ORLANDO, FL
Stroller, Wheelchair & ECV Rentals

Select Equipment ECV - RESORT PLUSECV - RESORTECV - RESORT LITEWHEELCHAIR - 20" LITEWHEELCHAIR - 24" EXTRA WIDESTROLLER - SINGLE PROSTROLLER - DOUBLE TANDEMSTROLLER - SINGLE LITESTROLLER - SINGLE CITY MINISTROLLER - SINGLE BOB FLEXSTROLLER - SPECIAL NEEDSSTROLLER - DOUBLE CITY MINISTROLLER - DOUBLE BOB FLEXSTROLLER - SINGLE SIT&STAND
Select Your Hotel or Resort Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary ResortBoulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness LodgeCopper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness LodgeDisney's All-Star Movies ResortDisney's All-Star Music ResortDisney's All-Star Sports ResortDisney's Animal Kingdom LodgeDisney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo HouseDisney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani VillageDisney's Art of Animation ResortDisney's Beach Club ResortDisney's Beach Club VillasDisney's BoardWalk InnDisney's BoardWalk VillasDisney's Caribbean Beach ResortDisney's Contemporary ResortDisney's Coronado Springs ResortDisney's Grand Floridian Resort & SpaDisney's Old Key West ResortDisney's Polynesian Village ResortDisney's Polynesian Villas & BungalowsDisney's Pop Century ResortDisney's Port Orleans Resort - French QuarterDisney's Port Orleans Resort - RiversideDisney's Riviera ResortDisney's Saratoga Springs - Treehouse VillaDisney's Saratoga Springs Resort & SpaDisney's Wilderness LodgeDisney's Yacht Club ResortThe Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness ResortThe Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness ResortThe Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & SpaI am staying at another Hotel
Start Time
09:00 AM09:30 AM10:00 AM10:30 AM11:00 AM11:30 AM12:00 PM12:30 PM01:00 PM01:30 PM02:00 PM02:30 PM03:00 PM03:30 PM04:00 PM04:30 PM05:00 PM05:30 PM06:00 PM06:30 PM07:00 PM07:30 PM08:00 PM08:30 PM09:00 PM

End Time
11:00 AM11:30 AM12:00 PM12:30 PM01:00 PM01:30 PM02:00 PM02:30 PM03:00 PM03:30 PM04:00 PM04:30 PM05:00 PM05:30 PM06:00 PM06:30 PM07:00 PM07:30 PM08:00 PM08:30 PM09:00 PM

Mobilty Rentals

stroller-lite-d.jpg
STROLLER
SINGLE LITE

INFO

Breathable mesh seat, easy folding mechanism and lightweight construction makes this stroller an easy choice for your active trip schedule.
lite.png

$ 301-3 Days
$ 354-5 Days
$ 406-7 Days
$ 458-9 Days
$ 5010-11 Days
$ 5512-13 Days
$ 6014-15 Days
RENT NOW

Strollers-1.png
STROLLER
SINGLE PRO

INFO

Cruise freely with this lightweight stroller that offers a fully-reclining, one-handed quick-fold, UV 50+ ventilated canopy and generous storage.
lite.png

$ 351-3 Days
$ 454-5 Days
$ 556-7 Days
$ 658-9 Days
$ 7510-11 Days
$ 8512-13 Days
$ 9514-15 Days
RENT NOW

city-mini-d.png
STROLLER
CITY MINI 2 SINGLE

INFO

The City Mini 2 helps make getting around with your little one even easier. This stroller is lightweight, compact and nimble.
city-mini-mobile.png

$ 401-3 Days
$ 504-5 Days
$ 606-7 Days
$ 708-9 Days
$ 8010-11 Days
$ 9012-13 Days
$ 10014-15 Days
RENT NOW

bob-rev-d.png
STROLLER
BOB REVOLUTION FLEX 3.0 STROLLER

INFO

Ideal for a relaxed stroll or jogging on rough terrain. Easily maneuver tight turns with swivel-locking front wheels. Plus, the adjustable padded handlebar offers 9 positions suited for parents of all heights.
bob-single-mobile.png

$ 451-3 Days
$ 554-5 Days
$ 656-7 Days
$ 758-9 Days
$ 8510-11 Days
$ 9512-13 Days
$ 10514-15 Days
RENT NOW

freedom-push.png
STROLLER
FREEDOM PUSH SPECIAL NEEDS

INFO

The Freedom Push Chair provides a comfy ride for larger children and small adults with special needs. The Push Chair is designed with sleek appeal and is suited for theme parks, rough terrain or a fun day at the beach.
lite.png

$ 851-3 Days
$ 954-5 Days
$ 1056-7 Days
$ 1158-9 Days
$ 12510-11 Days
$ 13512-13 Days
$ 14514-15 Days
RENT NOW

city-double-d.png
STROLLER
CITY MINI DOUBLE

INFO

Need a stroller for two? The City Mini Double offers swift maneuverability with on-handed steering. Plus, the City Mini provides easy and compact stowing, as the Fold Lift strap is simple and handsfree to use.
city-mini-double-mobile.png

$ 501-3 Days
$ 604-5 Days
$ 706-7 Days
$ 808-9 Days
$ 9010-11 Days
$ 10012-13 Days
$ 11014-15 Days
RENT NOW

****************************************************************************************

flex-dualie-d.png
STROLLER
DOUBLE BOB REVOLUTION FLEX 3.0

INFO

This double stroller is ideal for a relaxed stroll or jogging on rough terrain. Easily maneuver tight turns with swivel-locking front wheels. Plus, the adjustable padded handlebar offers 9 positions suited for parents of all heights.
$ 501-3 Days
$ 604-5 Days
$ 706-7 Days
$ 808-9 Days
$ 9010-11 Days
$ 11012-13 Days
$ 12014-15 Days

**************************************************************************************

baby-trend-d.png

STROLLER SINGLE BABY TREND SIT & STAND SPORT

With the Sit N' Stand Sport, one child can sit comfortably in the front seat, while another child can securely sit or stand in the back. The front seat and rear jump seat includes features, such as the safety harness and ratcheting canopy with front and rear sun visors. Plus, parents can stow and go with the large storage basket and deluxe soft organizer. As an upgrade, the removable/swing-away child's tray includes 2-cup holders and a snack tray.

$ 551-3 Days
$ 654-5 Days
$ 756-7 Days
$ 858-9 Days
$ 9510-11 Days
$ 10512-13 Days
$ 11514-15 Days

Last edited:
I was told ScooterBug is actively updating their site to add new items.
I do know that there are more items there now than there were yesterday morning, but I don’t know when the changes/additions will be complete.

I was told ScooterBug is actively updating their site to add new items.
I do know that there are more items there now than there were yesterday morning, but I don’t know when the changes/additions will be complete.
Yeah, they still need to add the specs (dimensions, weight limits, etc.) of the various models.

At Kidani Village it is about a mile from the lobby to the furthest room....I checked last time I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter