New Typhoon Lagoon Rides

boucheresq

Mouseketeer<br><font color="dark green">Broke her
Well after reading one person's bad luck on the new rides at TL where they flipped off of their raft when they were lifting their rears up as directed, I'm a little fearful to ride the ride myself. You see, I'm VERY well endowed in that area, and although my dh loves that, I don't want to end up injuring myself b/c I haven't lifted up far enough. So here's my question, has anyone else who is gifted like I am ridden those rides and were their any issues? Thanks!

Ha! It is funny to me that you should ask this question because DS7 and I just were at TL on Memorial Day and we rode the new Crushin' Gusher ride 4 times. I had heard to keep your rear elevated when you go down, but in the excitement of the 1st time down, I forgot...until I hit those 1st row of "chatter bumps"! Yikes! I have quite a Pooh-sized rear myself (wear women's size 20 pants) and that 1st time down I had placed my behind squarely in the hole of the raft, but not after that! All consecutive trips down I sat more forward with my rear more supported by the center of the figure 8 raft and leaned way back, then I had no problems. What surprised me the most was after taking a shower Tuesday morning I happened to catch a glimpse of my backside in the mirror and I have several bright purple bruises! I was unaware of them until I saw them, so it isn't that they are painful, but watch out those bumps can leave a mark! We did flip out of our rafts 2 times of the 4 times we rode, but not until we hit the big water of the pool at the bottom, never in the chutes. We had a blast, and I would recommend this ride even to us larger bottomed folks!

thanks jlt - that's just what I wanted to know - and it sounds like we're similarly gifted so I'll really have to make a conscious effort to remember to lift my rear - especially since I bruise so easily!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter