• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New TV show - The Good Fight

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
A spin-off of The Good Wife has its first episode on CBS and then the rest of the episodes only on streaming CBS. So they have the premiere on regular network TV, then the rest in streaming, which I assume costs something. If that's the case, I won't be watching & I was a big fan of The Good Wife. Do I have this right?

It's a shame. I loved "The Good Wife" and would watch. But I don't have a smart TV and I don't watch TV shows on computer screens. Just doesn't work for me. So I will have to miss this one.

Fortunately for those of us in Canada, the show has been purchased by a cable broadcast channel.
Yay! I just saw a promo for it last night - it'll be shown on W beginning a week from Sunday. I can't wait - Diane Lockhart was always my favourite character on TGW. My favourite scene in the entire series was in the final episode when she clocked Alicia.:cheer2:I'll be watching this one for sure!

Did anyone watch last night? I really enjoyed it, but won't be subscribing to a service to watch the rest. What a shame.

CBS thinks too highly of themselves.

They expect me to pay $5.99 for a commercial version of CBS All Access, or $9.99 for a commercial free version. This gets me access to old CBS shows, and now one original show. Compared to what Netflix and Hulu offer for a similar price, CBS has really over-valued themselves.

I loved The Good Wife, and I'm sure I'd enjoy this show -- but count me among those who aren't about to pay for CBS All Access to get it.

CBS thinks too highly of themselves.

They expect me to pay $5.99 for a commercial version of CBS All Access, or $9.99 for a commercial free version. This gets me access to old CBS shows, and now one original show. Compared to what Netflix and Hulu offer for a similar price, CBS has really over-valued themselves.

I loved The Good Wife, and I'm sure I'd enjoy this show -- but count me among those who aren't about to pay for CBS All Access to get it.

I had the same thought about them thinking too highly of themselves.

This will go down in flames. If they have many episodes in the can already, I assume I'll be able to watch them somewhere else later as they try to recoup some of their investment.

I'm carrying DirecTV Now ($35/mo), Netflix ($9.99/mo) and Hulu ($7.99/mo). If I keep adding more TV subscriptions, I might as well go back to cable/satellite.

THE-LINE-MUST.jpg

I have cable and there are just too many good shows to justify paying a monthly sub. I'm sure over time CBS will build out the platform to include more exclusive content. I was also a fan of The Good Wife, but I'll have to take a pass on the new show.

I have cable and there are just too many good shows to justify paying a monthly sub. I'm sure over time CBS will build out the platform to include more exclusive content. I was also a fan of The Good Wife, but I'll have to take a pass on the new show.

I agree. Pity really, I have a feeling I would have loved this show, but I didn't bother watching it. I'm not paying for more TV.

I had the same thought about them thinking too highly of themselves.

This will go down in flames. If they have many episodes in the can already, I assume I'll be able to watch them somewhere else later as they try to recoup some of their investment.

They made 10. They'll show the 10 on this platform, but time will tell if they make more.

I agree. Pity really, I have a feeling I would have loved this show, but I didn't bother watching it. I'm not paying for more TV.

I knew I was taking a chance watching it last night. Because I really did enjoy it. Not shocking though since I watched and loved every episode of "The Good Wife" from the day it first aired. I missed Alecia, but Diane is certainly strong enough to carry the show.

No way am I subscribing to a service to watch though. I bet it will come out on DVD later and I can enjoy binge watching. That's how I watch Homeland since I don't have Showtime.

I wonder how the viewership was last night since a fair number of people probably didn't bother watching since they knew they couldn't watch the additional shows.

They did mention they are offering a free trial, and the second episode is available already, but I won't be watching any more since I'm quite sure the free trial won't get me through an entire season.

They made 10. They'll show the 10 on this platform, but time will tell if they make more.

Thanks! I have my doubts about this thing taking off, so I'm betting that's all they will have. Too bad. I really like Christine Baranski.

I knew I was taking a chance watching it last night. Because I really did enjoy it. Not shocking though since I watched and loved every episode of "The Good Wife" from the day it first aired. I missed Alecia, but Diane is certainly strong enough to carry the show.

No way am I subscribing to a service to watch though. I bet it will come out on DVD later and I can enjoy binge watching. That's how I watch Homeland since I don't have Showtime.

I wonder how the viewership was last night since a fair number of people probably didn't bother watching since they knew they couldn't watch the additional shows.

They did mention they are offering a free trial, and the second episode is available already, but I won't be watching any more since I'm quite sure the free trial won't get me through an entire season

I may wait until all 10 episodes are out and then either try to binge them during a free trial or pay for one month.

What a shame this is streaming I just adored The Good Wife and like good shows such as The West Wing I still crave it. They may be tempted to get money with a box set DVD then I am all over eBay for bingey feast. I can wait ( evil laughter )

I may wait until all 10 episodes are out and then either try to binge them during a free trial or pay for one month.
I used to do this with HBO every summer once all the Game of Thrones episodes were archived. It's bundled into my cable package now though and honestly, it wouldn't be worth paying for separately on a monthly basis. Doing a one-month binge is smart in my book! :thumbsup2

So did anybody watch? I ordered the DVD and just finished the 10 episodes. Not as tightly written as The Good Wife, but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2. Too bad I'll have to wait for that to come out on DVD as well.

I bought cbs all access just for this show. And to see criminal minds without commercials. We have a gluttony of entertainment opportunities. Every premium channel on cable, Netflix, amazon prime and cbs all access. Costs a fortune but I like to watch what I want when I wAnt .

I am always SO behind the times when it comes to TV shows! CBS is airing season 1 of The Good Fight this summer, so we are just getting started with it. Anyone else with me on it? It's pretty good so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter