New Toy Story Ride

Interesting how Disney thinks WDW needs FP and DCA doesnt.

Can someone tell me where in DCA TSM is located? Is it back near Monsters? Also which enterance would be closer to it... the Main, or the GC enterance. Thanks!

Oh and Albort... Are you still up for Hide and Seek? :woohoo: :rolleyes1 :cool1: :upsidedow

Interesting how Disney thinks WDW needs FP and DCA doesnt.

Can someone tell me where in DCA TSM is located? Is it back near Monsters? Also which enterance would be closer to it... the Main, or the GC enterance. Thanks!

Oh and Albort... Are you still up for Hide and Seek? :woohoo: :rolleyes1 :cool1: :upsidedow

In general, the people in high places at WDW are more "gung ho" about FP than at DLR. Just look at some of the FP attractions at WDW. The MK by itself has 9 FP attractions. Now DL has 7, but DL also has almost twice as many total attractions. DL used to have around 12 FP attractions, but many FP machines were removed around 03-04. Also at WDW they have FP for some attractions that don't really need it (HISTA at Epcot, Mickey's Philharmagic and Stitch).

TSMM is located right next to California Screamin on the pier, so it's probably equidistant from both entrances.

So, if you only had the morning of opening day to do Toy Story, how would you try to get on the ride?

We are there from June 11th through the 17th. Then we head down to San Diego, so if we so desired we could do the opening on the 17th and then drive down...

That is, unless we luck out with a preview beforehand.

Yes they normally have previews and yes they are random :rotfl:

I refuse to hover around it on the two days we will be at DCA before the official opening, but for sure we will be walking past it, and asking CM's if they have heard if it's open...

Thing is, if we do, do the 17th, that adds anotehr day to our tickets (which is no biggy) but it would suck to buy the extra day then not need it, if we get lucky and ride it before hand.

Wonder what the latests you can add on a day.. hmmm

yee-haw!

DH & I are there from the 15th to the 20th. I always look forward to any new ride. (although Nemo was a little bit of a let-down. We won't be waiting in line for it this time.)

Yes they normally have previews and yes they are random :rotfl:

I refuse to hover around it on the two days we will be at DCA before the official opening, but for sure we will be walking past it, and asking CM's if they have heard if it's open...

Thing is, if we do, do the 17th, that adds anotehr day to our tickets (which is no biggy) but it would suck to buy the extra day then not need it, if we get lucky and ride it before hand.

Wonder what the latests you can add on a day.. hmmm

It is unlikely a CM would know if its opened for soft preview. Your best bet would to approach a dream squad roamer and ask. They tend to know.

As for the ride, its ready to go. The lines are ready to go but the walls are up due to guest complaints as the same exact thing happened with the new monorail trying to make its offical launch.

im sure the weeks before opening would have soft openings. Its a fun ride but there are a quite a few cons about it as well. :\

Oooo - since it is up and running, any chances the soft openings might happen as early as June 2-7?? It sure would make the members of my family happy! :goodvibes

For those of you wondering why there isn't a FP option, there really isn't a place to build an area for a set of FP machines and then a separate queue for FP holders.

Like all new attractions there will be a long wait in line during the first few months of opening. Mr. Potato Head should keep those in line entertained though. :thumbsup2

Also, to an above poster who asked, TSM is located underneathe California Screamin'.

As for the ride, its ready to go. The lines are ready to go but the walls are up due to guest complaints as the same exact thing happened with the new monorail trying to make its offical launch.

im sure the weeks before opening would have soft openings. Its a fun ride but there are a quite a few cons about it as well. :\

What are the cons, Albort? Is it a slow loader like Nemo? Is it as fun as Buzz, in your opinion?

Thanks!

What are the cons, Albort? Is it a slow loader like Nemo? Is it as fun as Buzz, in your opinion?

Thanks!

The Trigger device imo isnt gonna last long.

It isnt VERY slow loading, but its just not quick enough because your in the ride for like a good 10 mins. Its not continuous motion because you stop at each screen. There are like 5 games around 30 sec each, 1) you shoot water balloons! 2) you shoot darts! 3) you shoot rings! 4) you shoot darts 5) you shoot more darts!

0) you shoot Pies!
6) You shoot Confetti!

If you say there isnt a place to put the fastpass machines, i beg to differ. Right across along the pier, they built these buildings for you to sit under, they could easily put them there. Ironically, they built the Handicap loading area VERY VERY large with lots of space. There is Space, its just that they dont want to use it. They have the line set up to the point where it may take you backstage even, but theres really nothing to see back there anyways... :)

Its possible that it might be opened before its offical date, but never know. I dont really recall seeing Mr Potato head though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter