New to the ECV world

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
Hey guys, we are very familiar with Disney but not at all familiar with ECVs and we will need one on our next trip since my mom is coming with us.

I have scoured the boards for a condensed list of which rides have different entrances and which rides just use the regular line. I am also curious as to where the ECV parking is at each show.

I have found lists that were made in 2006 and 2010 but nothing recent at all. HELP!!

If there is not a new one, I would like to use this thread to make one for those who are new to ECVs and wheelchairs. THANKS!

The only places I can think of where ECV spaces are in the front are the Country Bear Jamboree and the open-air theater in the American Pavilion at EPCOT (and I could be misremembering the latter).

(It's always tricky for us because I need to sit in the front to see the show, but another family member is using an ECV. So either I grope my way to the front by myself, or she gets up on crutches ir a cane and comes with me. I realize there's not much they can do because it's far more convenient to have ECV seating near the entrance/exit.)

If it's ever unclear where to park, I've always found tgat CM's are more than happy to direct you, and often spot and seek you out before you ask.

Carousel of Progress has a different kind of setup. You ride it down to the rope and either stay in it or move to a regular seat. Most of the rides you can take the ECV in the line. The only ones that can't I believe are the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. They have wheelchairs available for you to borrow. And I think maybe Space Mountain. I'm not 100% sure on that one though since it's been awhile since I've ridden in.

ECV Parking is often in the back row (and the rider has the option to sit on the ECV to watch the show). In another notable case (Beauty & The Best show @ HS) there is a ramp system that goes all the way down to the right side of the stage, where you park your device, and are seated by a CM, typically a couple of rows back.

Whenever you are in doubt, just ask a CM.

Carousel of Progress has a different kind of setup. You ride it down to the rope and either stay in it or move to a regular seat. Most of the rides you can take the ECV in the line. The only ones that can't I believe are the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. They have wheelchairs available for you to borrow. And I think maybe Space Mountain. I'm not 100% sure on that one though since it's been awhile since I've ridden in.

Also, Winnie the Pooh. I found that out on a solo trip.

Also, Winnie the Pooh. I found that out on a solo trip.
How did you manage that on a solo trip? I wanted to do Rock And Roller coaster and the cast member took me to where the trains get off and let me get in line from there.

How do you get on TOT if you can't take your ECV? (That's one she wants to ride.)
You transfer to a manual chair and someone in your party pushes you.

Alternatively, there is an alternate entrance at the exit that can be used, but you have to beg and plead your case to be able to do so.

What about Splash? Do you go in the exit?

You enter through the standby or FP queue until just before the stairs where a CM will open a rope to access a path leading to the exit. So boarding is at the exit, but you will enter regularly.

Enjoy your vacation!

you are correct about space mountain

How did you manage that on a solo trip? I wanted to do Rock And Roller coaster and the cast member took me to where the trains get off and let me get in line from there.

I was very fortunate-the CM offered to push me and she waited while I rode, and pushed me back to my ECV. There were 2 CMs at the ride entrance and I got the impression she welcomed the change. The CM at Pirates also offered to push me if I wanted to do that attraction (but it was down at the time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter