Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I’d say there’s not really a ‘best’ way - just depends on your mood, weather, and where you are at the Poly. The temporary bus while the monorail station is closed, walking to the TTC to the Resort monorail, or taking the Poly resort boat are all good / viable options in my opinion.

The temporary MK bus seems to be very efficient, in my experience.

Just FYI for anyone following along.

The TTC was a mess and crowded for rope drop. I'll try the bus next time we go and report back.

TTC was fine for the evening not at rope drop.

Tikiman posted about it HERE. He has the new seating area listed at $75.00 for the day, 10am-7pm.

I’ve called twice now and, after waiting on hold for over two hours both times, I could not get a cast member who could find the lava pool reserved seating in the system. The first CM said the system wasn’t showing any availability for cabanas or patios at Poly. This could have been true at the time because I called back in June the first time. I called again today and was able to book reserved patio seating at the Oasis pool for $75, but the CM said nothing was showing for the lava pool. She said she put a note on my Rez that I wanted the lava pool, but I will ask when I get on-site. I’m not calling again and waiting on hold over 2-hours.

Wow, it's so lush you can't even tell something was removed from that spot. I am always blown away by the landscaping crew at Poly. Thanks for the pics and the on the ground reports. :)

Thank you! My genius co-worker insisted we come into the office on the day we got the remnants of T.S. Elsa up here to prep for the class we're currently facilitating. Naturally the sky opened up just as soon as I left to go home, and I fell crossing the street because it was so slippery. I injured my arm but it could have been a lot worse. No breaks or fractures but I fell hard on a nerve ending so the pain was really bad for a while. I will definitely be back to 100% by the 50th! The happy news about Canada finally opening up for US visitors certainly helped.

@kylenne - I’m sorry to hear about your fall, but happy you are on the mend.

I’ve called twice now and, after waiting on hold for over two hours both times, I could not get a cast member who could find the lava pool reserved seating in the system. The first CM said the system wasn’t showing any availability for cabanas or patios at Poly. This could have been true at the time because I called back in June the first time. I called again today and was able to book reserved patio seating at the Oasis pool for $75, but the CM said nothing was showing for the lava pool. She said she put a note on my Rez that I wanted the lava pool, but I will ask when I get on-site. I’m not calling again and waiting on hold over 2-hours.
I followed the instructions of someone on Tikiman's facebook page and called 407-590-6520 and spoke with Vincent at the Polynesian. I was able to reserve the Lava Pool seating area for Sunday 7/25 on our arrival day / planned pool day. I'll report back about the experience!

I followed the instructions of someone on Tikiman's facebook page and called 407-590-6520 and spoke with Vincent at the Polynesian. I was able to reserve the Lava Pool seating area for Sunday 7/25 on our arrival day / planned pool day. I'll report back about the experience!

AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE DISBOARDS!

LoLaura84 - if I could give you 1,000 likes I would! I just called the number you provided and - get this - a CM answered right away with no hold time!!!!!! I spoke with an amazing CM named Sam and told her my story. She was able to switch my Rez for reserved seating from the Oasis Pool to the Lava Pool in like 30 seconds. No offense to the great CMs working the Recreation phone-line, but it took that CM like 20 minutes even to find reserved pool seating at the Poly in the system (and this is after waiting on hold for 2-hours).

I cannot thank you (and Tikiman) enough. I’m definitely saving this number for future reference.

Please do let me know about your experience. Our Rez is not until August so I will be curious as to what you thought. I definitely want to know about the check-in time. We are switching from GF to Poly on the day of our reserved pool seating at Poly, and I probably won’t get to the Poly until about 11am. I know you can check-in at the pool starting at 10am, but I’m not sure if it’s a problem if we do not arrive until 11am.

We have a cabana rental at GF during our stay and I have heard that if you don’t show up at the GF pool by a certain time that they might rent your cabana to someone else. That seems weird to me knowing I have pre-paid, but I’m a little nervous about it.

I'm still looking for a HD/ high resolution picture or copy of the resort map in the GCH by the concierge if anyone happens to be there to take a picture for me :)

I'll be looking forward to hearing about your experience! I'd love to reserve this for our pool day in November.

Do you happen to know if this is bookable at the 60 day mark like everything else?

I'll be looking forward to hearing about your experience! I'd love to reserve this for our pool day in November.

Do you happen to know if this is bookable at the 60 day mark like everything else?
I do not know if it's the 60 day mark, I just called a few days ago. I'd think probably, but it also seems like a looser process, so there's always a chance you can book it farther in advance.

I just called to try to reserve for our pool day in early Sept and the date I was looking for was booked already. There are a few Sept dates that are booked but most are still open. Too bad for us! I am not sure how far out the booking window goes.

BTW, for those arriving soon, the whole front entry thing is still very much a work in process. Yes, the front drive through structure is open - but everything after that is temporary/modified. The bell services/valet desk is temporary. The monorail station is still a very active construction project and if you’re in the area during the day, expect noise/commotion. Eg, I could barely talk to the bell services CM this AM without shouting.

That’ll be over soon enough and I’d rather they stay full steam ahead on construction, it’s just not quite that ideal tropical arrival experience at the moment if you are looking for perfect.

Bell services/valet felt understaffed given guest demand/traffic, but that can be said about a lot of things right now so not really unique to Disney.

We will be arriving about 7:45 am on Tues 8/4 via town car after spending the previous night at the MCO Hyatt. If we want to check our luggage while we go to MK until afternoon check in time, can that be done at the temporary bell area in the front or do you think is better to take the luggage into the GCH to check it there?

We will be arriving about 7:45 am on Tues 8/4 via town car after spending the previous night at the MCO Hyatt. If we want to check our luggage while we go to MK until afternoon check in time, can that be done at the temporary bell area in the front or do you think is better to take the luggage into the GCH to check it there?

Yes, you can do everything “out front” as normal. It’s just up against a construction wall w/ a temporary station.

Enjoy your trip!

I just called to try to reserve for our pool day in early Sept and the date I was looking for was booked already. There are a few Sept dates that are booked but most are still open. Too bad for us! I am not sure how far out the booking window goes.
Good to know! I'm going to try calling now to see what I can find out. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter